It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20 protesters face police with Tasers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
spec_ops_wannabe -- 0

kdial1 -- 300

Gee Wiz, Spec, you sure make it easy.

Anyways... What are they afraid of? Why are the afraid at all? Did they do something wrong? Isn't the Government infallible? Why would Citizens march in the tens of thousands in protest unless they were absolute scum of the earth - right?

“Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will. Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them, and these will continue till they are resisted with either words or blows, or both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.” Frederick Douglass

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Just shows the police the police are just a bunch of loons,a nd like people said above, they are daring the public to do something. Sickos. The scum that join the police are real stupid ignorant fools, aren't they.

It is just another example of the police state in uk, especially london.

Well, I hope people that intend to protest will be doing so in a peaceful way. However, as with any large bunch of people, a few bad apples can spoil the bunch.

Hey, look, I believe in peaceful protest, and have been involved in many over the years. One way not to be heard is to become unruly. The message of the protest does not get across when people resort to violence.

The police have a right to defend themselves, so they are equiped to do so. Don't give them a reason to shoot you with a taser and they won't.

All this situation calls for is common sense on both sides.

May calm heads prevail!

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
what utterly disgusting propaganda that article (in the OP) is. I was on the G20 protest on saturday and it was a very peaceful protest. There were brass bands playing, stilt walkers and a massively diverse crowd of people. I didn't see any trouble at all, it was a most light hearted affair. This is a blatent attack on the people that actually do something about the state we're in. (as opposed to sitting around bitching about it on the internet *raises eyebrow* ) They should be freakin applauded. And we should all follow in their footsteps.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
what utterly disgusting propaganda that article (in the OP) is. I was on the G20 protest on saturday and it was a very peaceful protest. There were brass bands playing, stilt walkers and a massively diverse crowd of people. I didn't see any trouble at all, it was a most light hearted affair. This is a blatent attack on the people that actually do something about the state we're in. (as opposed to sitting around bitching about it on the internet *raises eyebrow* ) They should be freakin applauded. And we should all follow in their footsteps.

Aye but it's not over yet....

That's what's worrying the police

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Wonderful, it sounds that your group got attention alone with the stilt walkers! They'd have gotten mine.

See how wonderful an occasion of protest can be, and it sounds like the one you attended was geared towards family participation!

Let's hope it stays that way!

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
wow there could be a real opportunity to make money off somthing like this police normaly taiser the chest im thinking somthing like a metal chest plate with a ruber backing. Hell anyone could make somthing like this!

[edit on 3/29/2009 by Verd_Vhett]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Verd_Vhett
wow there could be a real opportunity to make money off somthing like this police normaly taiser the chest im thinking somthing like a metal chest plate with a ruber backing. Hell anyone could make somthing like this!

[edit on 3/29/2009 by Verd_Vhett]

Even better, have the discharge of the taser charge your cell phone battery!! WIN WIN!!!

When someone gets hit in the face/eye with one of those shotgun tasers, it could get ugly quick.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

When someone gets hit in the face/eye with one of those shotgun tasers, it could get ugly quick.

Don't give them a reason to hit you in the eye with a taser. Let all their preparation be for not...........keep it peaceful and let that make fools out of the establisment!

Easier said than done, because there is often more than not, a jerk waiting to spoil it for everyone!

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The cops will start it, they will taiser some one then the riot will start, then comes the coverup!

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
haha 50,000 volts is weak...takes a few seconds to stun as opposed to direct stun...

this isn't news...whenever a big protest gathers- theres boudn to be police on duty.

Tensions are high so who knows at this point what will come of it.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1

Wow, with all of the deaths recently with Tasers this is going to be very very interesting seeing how many people are injured fataly.

From what I have seen the majority are going to be doing peaceful demonstrations.

Also in the article they are going to be using Armed response vehicle elements. hmm, Going to be very interesting people. SOunds like alot of Police intimidation will be at hand.

-Kdial1

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29-3-2009 by kdial1]

By using Armed Response Elements the article is refering to the police carrying the tasers and not indicating any police presence using live rounds. The tasers will be carried by a few of the police and not all of them and they will only be used as a last resort if there are any people amongst the crowd, a potential few who try and do something silly, e.g petrol bombs, launching missiles etc. to incite others. I think everyone needs to calm down on the whole police carrying taser issue because it really would be a last resort, for a start if a riot did break out, riot squad officers would move in along time before any tasers are used because of effectiveness and resources and also every time a police officer uses a taser they have to fill out sheets and sheets of paperwork so no i dont think we will see any tasers being used.

I feel the whole event is just media induced panic on the threat of riots , obviously the police need to prepare for the worst and the demonstrators want to turn out in numbers for a globally screened event where they can make themselves heard.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
My fear isn't of the protesters themselves becoming violent, but rather of undercover police posing as protesters and being the ones to instigate something... it's been done before, and caught on camera, and admitted by the officer (can't find the vid... I think Jackinthebox had a link around somewhere on ATS).

Ahh... here's one example:

VIDEO: Canadian Police Caught Attempting To Stage Riots

Quebec provincial authorities have admitted that three rock-wielding mask-wearing "anarchists" were in fact police infiltators used to gather information on protesters at this week's SPP summit, but authorities are still ludicrously denying the fact that the provocateurs were intent on causing a riot in order to justify a heavy-handed response.

Yesterday, debunkers attempted to claim that identical yellow marks on the boots of the "anarchists" and the police were simply Canadian Safety Industry seals and dismissed allegations that the three "anarchists" were undercover cops. Those same trolls and apologists for the authorities have egg on their face today after the police were forced to admit their role in using disguised cops to infiltrate the protesters before staging their arrests when they were exposed as agent provocateurs.

"Police came under fire Tuesday, when a video surfaced on YouTube that appeared to show three plainclothes police officers at the protest with bandanas across their faces. One of the men was carrying a rock," reports CBC .

"In the video, protest organizers in suits order the men to put the rock down, call them police instigators and try unsuccessfully to unmask them."

"Quebec provincial police admitted Thursday that three of their officers disguised themselves as demonstrators during the protest at the North American leaders summit in Montebello, Que. However, the police force denied allegations its undercover officers were there on Monday to provoke the crowd and instigate violence."

Protest organizers confirmed that four arrests had been made in total during the summit, all of legitimate demonstrators, meaning that the arrests of the "anarchists" was a staged event purely for public and media consumption to create the myth that the police were responding to the fact that one of the anarchists was wielding a rock and attempting to break through a police line.

Watching the video, it is clearly evident that as soon as the trio are exposed as police, they try to casually drift back into police ranks before cops are forced to stage their arrests.

[edit on 29-3-2009 by Earthscum]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

The cops will start it, they will taiser some one then the riot will start, then comes the coverup!

You are wrong. There will be people with cameras, abundant. This is not the 60's. It will be documented, who starts what.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

You are wrong. There will be people with cameras, abundant. This is not the 60's. It will be documented, who starts what.

There may be people there with cameras, remember it is illegal to take pictures of police in London now. They might be detained for filming.

-Kdial1

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Tasers are complete BS.

Cops worldwide do not know how to control themselves.

How long before people start getting them back?

Someone gets a taser and finds the cop at the donut shop and ZAP!

Take that Sonny! (this would be the case for the 88 year woman they could not control and had to shock her to near death, she was pissed)

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

I'm sorry? But I don't have much respect for Amnesty International for reasons I'm not going to give so that doesn't work as a source for me.
And those two incidents you posted don't tell the facts. Those two people that were supposedly tasered to death could have died from heart failure or some sort of neurological disease instead of directly from the tasers, some other incident could have effected them that was separate from the arrest. Those articles don't state all of the facts and are obviously biased. It's going to take far more than 10,000 volts to kill someone. It's amperage that kills a person, not voltage.

And to Smack, it's actually this:

spec_ops_wannabe -- 300

kdial1 -- 0

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Ya know there was alot less abuse by the cops when if they pulled a gun it had real danger to it and some accountability.

They are not held accountable at all with these Tasers, unless someone dies.
This is like legal torture.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Here's irony for you...

All my life has been about law and order, I used to look at these folks protesting as those that didn't have a clue as to what was going on or at least what was needed to be done to make things work.

This is the first time in my life I have rooted for the protesters...

Keep it peaceful kids, don't give the cops an excuse!

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by spec_ops_wannabe
reply to post by kdial1

I'm sorry? But I don't have much respect for Amnesty International for reasons I'm not going to give so that doesn't work as a source for me.
And those two incidents you posted don't tell the facts. Those two people that were supposedly tasered to death could have died from heart failure or some sort of neurological disease instead of directly from the tasers, some other incident could have effected them that was separate from the arrest. Those articles don't state all of the facts and are obviously biased. It's going to take far more than 10,000 volts to kill someone. It's amperage that kills a person, not voltage.

And to Smack, it's actually this:

spec_ops_wannabe -- 300

kdial1 -- 0

So you are saying that if someone gets tasered and is incompacitated while falling he/she hits his/her head on an object and dies from a head injury that it is not because of the taser? They taser caused them to fall!

I think you are completely confused as to what I am refering as taser deaths. People with heart conditions, blunt force trauma to the head etc. Caused by the tasers is what I am refering to.

No need to throw electrical theory at me. My career as an Engineer for Northrop has me dealing with this on a daily basis. I think the majority of people on here understand ohms law and that a 9 volt battery from a taser will not kill someone.

You can say they are biased all you want. To me it sounds like you are denying the truth.

spec_ops_wannabe -- 0

kdial1 -- 300

-Kdial1

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeSpeaker

economic crisis, widespread crime and mass immigration= a lot of p***ed off people..if the police use to much force expect a major riot..the biggest threat comes from the g-20 meltdown website 12pm noon April 1st....wonder what will happen.
i don't like left wingers but if they want to bring in martial law let them...just don't expect everyone to follow them

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join