It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20 protesters face police with Tasers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

G20 protesters face police with Tasers

www.timesonline.co.uk

SCOTLAND YARD is to deploy officers armed with 50,000-volt Taser stun guns to deal with violent demonstrators planning to disrupt this week’s G20 summit in London.

The centrepiece of the security plan will be hundreds of officers from the Metropolitan police territorial support group, who are routinely armed with speedcuffs, extended batons and CS gas spray.

The Met confirmed yesterday that they will be supported by officers equipped with Tasers on stand-by should trouble break out.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Wow, with all of the deaths recently with Tasers this is going to be very very interesting seeing how many people are injured fataly.

From what I have seen the majority are going to be doing peaceful demonstrations.

Also in the article they are going to be using Armed response vehicle elements. hmm, Going to be very interesting people. SOunds like alot of Police intimidation will be at hand.

-Kdial1

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29-3-2009 by kdial1]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
This is awesome.

They're armed and ready.

They know the mistakes of revolts in the past. The police think of them as a threat and well darned sure they are they're a threat to their establishment.

They could stop the new world order in its tracks.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

With this news release , its almost like they are putting forth a dare

to do anything out of order. With that many coppers with a non-lethal

wepon, you can be sure it will be used at a lower tolerance level.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
soon people will be protesting in rubber suits
hey not a bad idea...

I hope the SS doesn't show up at my door because of me saying that.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

I think the police are going to have to be really carefull here. If they inadvertently end up killing a few protesters with tasers, the crowds will go nuts and I imagine we would see some rioting like France a while back. Emotions are high with all this economic turmoil going on and the last thing the police need to do is kill some protesters who believe the people they are protesting are the authors of the economic collapse.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dankanight13

No need for that, usually these protest groups are very organized. THey have first responders there to treat people that are injured.....and yes these first responders volunteer to go out with these protests.

The thing I am most worried about is the excessive use of force and injury caused by tasers. I am sure this will stir up more violence if protesters see fellow protesters being tasered. Like many people said, it is going to be very very interesting to watch this play out.

The police are just following orders, but the question is how many of them are fed up as well?

-Kdial1

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
If anyone will be at the protests, I suggest they wear layers with some rubber on their bodies. I don't know if that'll help, but if it does they should do it.

link   
The authority police have over a populace is one they are given. I don't know what logic they are using, but I doubt the London police could handle an otherwise peaceful protest turning into a full blown riot.

Come to think of it, how long has it been since England suffered from a real riot? ( Not to knock football fans out there, but sport riots don't count )

link   
If a ruckus breaks out, the riot police will be likely to use the tasers for the hell of it as they wont be wearing their rank/badge number insignia, so avoid identification.

BTW...what if everyone held hands as someone at the front was tasered and the last person in the chain touched an officer...would they get the force of the zap?

[edit on 29-3-2009 by citizen smith]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDustman
The authority police have over a populace is one they are given. I don't know what logic they are using, but I doubt the London police could handle an otherwise peaceful protest turning into a full blown riot.

Come to think of it, how long has it been since England suffered from a real riot? ( Not to knock football fans out there, but sport riots don't count )

It has been awhile, in fact I can't even remember when. The thing is are all of these police officers going to be able to control this? How many of them are fed up as well?

Overall, I think they will have a good handle on it since they are using Armed Response Vehicles. That will be their last line of defense. If those can't handle the riots the police will be overwhelmed.

This is what happens when you get tasered:

I can see alot of people getting very angry seeing this.

-Kdial1

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Killing protestors. Not a big deal for the scumbag UK police. When police start killing people for protesting, it's time for people to rise up and overthrow this rotten government.

We'll see if they deploy the shotguns with wireless tasers bullets or the massive lines of tasers who shots dozens of tasers bullets at the same time... it's meant for crowds.

Something like this: Here

Or this. With this one, it's like bullets. You can fire at will, take down hundreds of protesters... it's like shooting zombies.

[edit on 29-3-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
From my understanding, a tazer involves firing a projectile with a wire attached to the end. With that said, I think using tazers to deflect a thousand plus protest would be the on scale with using muskets. The first row of protesters would go down hard, but the next one hundred, two hundred, five hundred that just saw the police tazer a peaceful protest will likely overwhelm their positions.

At least initially. I don't think cobblestones and lead pipes are going to stand up to the armed and armored backup.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Do we really need to go over this again?
The numbers of lives saved each year by the use of Tasers far outweighs the people SUPPOSEDLY killed by them. Give me an incident where someone was TRULY killed by a taser.
Oh wait, would you prefer a storm of rubber bullets, beating people with batons, tear gas and anything else they use? But NO, the idea of being incapacitated by a few thousand volts for 5 seconds is simply irresponsible and downright dangerous!
At least they aren't using the civilian models that zap you for a full 30 seconds.
rant ended, Deny Ignorance

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sadisticwoman

I agree, its good protection for the non-violent people that may get hit by these. taking a mask for the gas cans wouldn't hurt either. Also, if you plan to protest at an airport and make it impossible for them to conduct business taking earplugs would be a good idea, because I had read somewhere that the police played very loud music to drive them out in the middle of the night.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

I have to agree, I mean looking outside right now I see 2 officers armed with tasers, battons and handguns. Now I know they would never use the handguns but the baton and the taser, you bet.

I can't really blame them for preparing for the worse, we all know what human emotion does when let loose upon a very big crowd. They could be in for the riot of the decade if things get out of hand.

However, I do think most of this is scare tactic, if they want the people to riot, they will plant some "protesters" to get it started. And one of the other above posters said it well, these groups are highly organized and won't let things to crazy at the first sign of trouble.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Just shows the police the police are just a bunch of loons,a nd like people said above, they are daring the public to do something. Sickos. The scum that join the police are real stupid ignorant fools, aren't they.

It is just another example of the police state in uk, especially london.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Killing protestors. Not a big deal for the scumbag UK police. When police start killing people for protesting, it's time for people to rise up and overthrow this rotten government.

We'll see if they deploy the shotguns with wireless tasers bullets or the massive lines of tasers who shots dozens of tasers bullets at the same time... it's meant for crowds.

Something like this: Here

Or this. With this one, it's like bullets. You can fire at will, take down hundreds of protesters... it's like shooting zombies.

[edit on 29-3-2009 by Vitchilo]

Here is the youtube video of it:

I could see these being used.

-Kdial1

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Tasers? and now shotgun projectiles? Whatever next?

Honestly...rioting used to be so much more civilised when I was a lad

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by spec_ops_wannabe
Give me an incident where someone was TRULY killed by a taser.

Sure, here ya go.

Florida Man dies after cop taser

US Teenager Is Killed By Police Taser Gun

Amnesty International Report on 300 deaths by tasers

There are more but I feel you could research them, not that hard to find them.

-Kdial1

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join