It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30% Say Government Should Limit Pay for Athletes and Movie Stars

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by aravoth
reply to post by sadchild01

Tell me something genius...

What the hell does an actor have to do with exploiting third world countries? If by exploiting you mean the millions they spend feeding those people, or the millions they've spent on vaccines, or hospitals.........

Yes you are right, these meddlesome actors must be stopped, immediately.

[edit on 28-3-2009 by aravoth]

rome and its entertainers and the gladiators

If by exploiting you mean the millions they spend feeding those people, or the millions they've spent on vaccines, or hospitals.........

and by purchasing natural resources for fire sale prices , creating civil wars ,and using IMF to exploit those poor God forsaken nations

they've spent on vaccines

like how they(pharmas) crush alternative therapy in these poor countries ?

they spend feeding those people

like deliberate flooding the market with your corporate farm produced goods to destroy subsistence farmers livelihoods and thus starvation

next time research moron

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Rofl, actors and athletes did all this?

Did someone beat you over the head with a stupid stick this morning?

*cue the x-files theme**

Oh I get it, they are part of THEM! Dear god they've got actors starving millions of people world wide!

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Your previous post spoke of hypocritacal Christians. Your last post where you tried to come up with ammo against me was from a journalist who worked for the "CHRISTIAN SCIENCE MONITOR".

FAIL

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by elston

Currency Wars ” by mr Song Hongbing, not john coolay

reply to post by aravoth

yeah, for hollywood , and hollywood for bankers and corporates ,

[edit on 28-3-2009 by sadchild01]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by elston

currency wars by song hongbing , you dumb bird brain

reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

frankly , I don't care , your nation has destroyed what people like us existed for , and replaced it with materialism and promiscuity ,

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sadchild01
reply to post by elston

Currency Wars ” by mr Song Hongbing, not john coolay

reply to post by aravoth

yeah, for hollywood , and hollywood for bankers and corporates ,

Read that one two. Did you know his background is as an IT guy an novelist historian. In his book which was made after the asian crisis of 97' he said that during his research he was "shocked" to learn that the FED was a privately held company.

Pardon me if I don't take his writings too seriously.

In my opinion....FAIL again.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by elston

so was i shocked when i came to know that fed is a private entity ,

frankly , you americans deserve much worser , and you will get it , karma payback time

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Here is a direct quote from the man. He admits that his book may be totally wrong.

Song himself has been commissioned to write a number of new books to capitalise on his success: on the yen, the euro and also on China's financial system.

But he sounds hesitant about the line his future tomes might take. "This book may be totally wrong, so before the next one, I have to make sure my understanding is right," he says. "Before, I was a nobody, so I could say anything I liked, but now the situation has changed."

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

reply to post by elston

so was i shocked when i came to know that fed is a private entity ,

frankly , you americans deserve much worser , and you will get it , karma payback time

No doubt. You'll get it first. Good luck with that and no matter what country you are in (we help them all) stop asking for our aid.

Oh and again........FAIL

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Make Speed Limit 45
Americans believe the government should make it illegal to pay movie stars and athletes more than $1 million per year.
Damn right. Athletes and film stars are useless parasites who don't produce anything.

And so, the owners' and producers' profits increase by hundreds of millions they don't have to pay their "stars" for the work Americans pay billions to watch. (If the public didn't pay in the first place, there'd be no millions and billions to divvy up. But they do.)

Where did Rasmussen poll, in ballparks and theaters? Who did he poll? Idiots?

This "poll" proves only that the majority of Americans are clueless.

jw

[edit on 28-3-2009 by jdub297]

[edit on 28-3-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

frankly , you americans deserve much worser ,

Uh .. you mean 'you americans deserve much worse' ... right?

So what this boils down to is an "I hate America' rant thread.
Perhaps this should be in BTS rants ...

Sadchild .. go read 'ATLAS SHRUGGED' and get back to us. You will see exactly what happens when the government tries to pull things like this. It's all in the book.

edited to add -

Originally posted by elston
stop asking for our aid.

AMEN!!

[edit on 3/28/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by aravoth

Well, then the answer is simple! Lets just get rid of acting all together, we can't have Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie adopting 4000 kids in an effort to stop thier starvation now can we?

You are useless, you provide nothing, you produce nothing, you effect nothing. You sit here with your self righteous attitude balking at the decent things people do. You are a cancer on the world.

People that are better than you are helping those less fortunate than you, on their own. And you are angry about it. What a mess you are.

You are useless, you provide nothing, you produce nothing, you effect nothing. You sit here with your self righteous attitude balking at the decent things people do. You are a cancer on the world.

stop acting like a child .
i am fine with what i am , alteast happy not a parasitic american whose existence is on looting and plundering other countries

People that are better than you are helping those less fortunate than you, on their own. And you are angry about it. What a mess you are.

USa is helping ?? watch John pilger 'war of democracy and you will understand the 'help' your democidal nation gives

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

And the central bank in your country is owned and ran by the same people that own and run the federal reserve.

I think its funny you are actively advocating the destruction of the entire world. And instead of the USA being the Super Power of the world it will be China, a communist state that kills and "re-educates" its dissidents.

So instead of "liberating" other countries the Chinese will "re-educate" other countries. If you are in Europe you will probably be one of the first on the list.

edit - grammar

[edit on 28-3-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Don't worry sadsadsadchild01 'Atlas Shrugged" was written by a native Russian, not an american, I know you hate americans.

link   
reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

And this is exactly why we will never have nor ever need Democracy in this country. This is absurd.

link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Sadchild .. go read 'ATLAS SHRUGGED' and get back to us. You will see exactly what happens when the government tries to pull things like this. It's all in the book.

Atlas shrugged written by Aynn rand , a nonsencial book , at best

read on what invesntions of Tesla were capable and international super businessmen suppressed them

link   
Thank goodness that 59% of people do NOT want government intervention in ANY private industry.

People really need to stop and think before they ask for the government to involve itself in any private enterprise. Because it may start, like it has, with the banks, then the Auto Makers, then the Insurance giants, then - maybe - hollywood and pro sports, but eventually, it will be whatever you do for a living too.

Government is SUPPOSED to be LIMITED in it's power. But the more the people keep asking for the government to "fix" something for them, the more power is given to government.

People need to be VERY careful what they wish for, because too many will find themselves saying, "But I didn't mean this" or "I didn't know" when they finally get everything they are asking for from the Government.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I havent read all the posts here, but I have to say, it is apalling to me that in this "free" capitalist society, people are openly advocated the fascism of controlling how much money someone can make. AIG bonuses, while disgusting, are legal in every way. $20 million a year for A-rod? If someone is willing to pay it, he has every right to earn it.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by elston
Don't worry sadsadsadchild01 'Atlas Shrugged" was written by a native Russian, not an american, I know you hate americans.

by a russian jew ..

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join