It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazil president blames white people for crisis

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman

Wow so to counter his ignorance, you decide to include your own?
Americans pay for welfare through their taxes...not just "white people."

FYI there are many people on welfare of all shade, and that includes a large number of white people. If things keep going the way they have been I suspect those numbers will continue to grow up until the whole thing is suspended.

Oh and when has those lazy Americans committing welfare fraud actually bankrupted the country?

No, no, that right is reserved for the crafty white collar criminals that secure themselves with our tax dollars while they help push this country under the bus.

It is those white collar criminals (which do tend to be mostly greedy white men) that are in your pocket so deep you don't even know they are there. They even turn your head and say look over at the welfare bums while they're at it.

Honestly, I'll take the welfare bum over the guy that robbed me of my retirement, 401k, home, continuous employment, and anything else I thought I had in the bank.

Sorry but to me it isn't comparable.

- Lee

Mod Edit: Removed a quote from an actioned post.

[edit on 3/27/2009 by seagull]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
How did he know that us white-skinned, blue-eyed people get to officially pay 50% less for things in shops? How did he know that we are all in a massive conspiracy to allow brown people to move relentlessly to our countries and then dictate terms of occupation? How has the one conspiracy I am actually involved in come to light?

I didn't tell him, honest!!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Its always the easy route to blame ole whitey.
We are the biggest cop-Out to ever hit this planet.
Wonder why that is?

Well, White men run the United States it's not that much of a mystery.
Why do you think there was so much surprise at having the first Black president?

It is the 21 first century and we are still getting "minority firsts" in the States.

If the leadership is corrupted and the majority of that leadership is White, then someone like this President of Brazil can erroneously make some conclusion based on a racial generalization .

I say erroneous because he should place blame on those greedy thieves that have helped ruin this country. Which are the "elitist whites". The ones the non-elite whites have to work for along with the rest of those out of the money loop.

Blaming whitey hasn't stopped all those thieving CEO's from getting those sweet bonuses at our dime via the stimulus while being responsible for needing them in the first place. Hasn't stopped the rampant lying and shameless theft with utter impunity happening on Wall Street that helped RUIN many families and more to come.

Blame them all day if you like.
As usual they are too rich to care.

Guess that makes them green and the rest of us screwed.

- Lee

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
But the President of Brazil is white..

One is deeply confused by his sentiment, Brazil has a majority Latin-European population.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
The guy said it because he knows he can get away with it. You think he's going to get away with saying, any any situation, its all down to Black people with brown eyes or its all the Gays fault??

The guys wrong, it aint just down to White people with Blue eyes. Even if it happens that that the majority are white have blue eyes, is it still right to single them out?

Would it be right for anyone to single out Gays on the Aids matter?

Like i said before this is the reason why Nazi groups are still kicking around, it's comments like this that make them do the things they do!

Tsom87

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
When the hell did white people develop such an oppression complex?

The vast majority on Wall Street and in London (the two centres that caused the crisis) are white.

Statistically speaking, Lula is absolutely right.

Then again, Swatman was also correct in his assessment (but put it forth in an inappropriate manner).

Black people do commit a disproportionate amount of crime, the Chinese make up a disproportionate amount of the world's export market etc etc.

Honesty is the key when dealing with race issues. And it would be honest to say that the crisis has been caused mainly by the actions of white men on wall street. That's not the same as saying "all white people with blue eyes caused the crisis".

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Lula is right , and he was not generalizing when he said what he said.

The only thing he was wrong is when he said "they did not know what they were doing".

FYI I watched the interview in portuguese , and what he said can be easily changed to cause it to sound racist as you guys claim.

The name of that article in itself implies something he did not say "Brazil president blames white people for crisis" certainly makes it sound as he is calling the whole white race to be in the blame doesn't it? Do not fall for that media propaganda.

He said "it was caused by white men with blue eyes" , I fail to see where he puts all white people in that category.

I also fail to see any black man owning an international bank now , I wonder why?

I can also assure you , Brazil takes racism issues very seriously , as someone previously said here , the population is pretty mixed up.

You will never find there blacks only community , or whites only , or etc only...

The president himself has probably more multi-colored friends than many anti-racism hypocrites that come and give a show in a forum , when they do not even have any proximity , or avoid , people of other races...

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Well next time when theres an international incident and the majority happen to be black, Gay or Woman, lets see if anyone singles them out!

Thats what he done, he singled out White guys with Blue eyes. You know why...because he can get away with it. Whos gonna protest. LOL

Tsom87

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TSOM87
Well next time when theres an international incident and the majority happen to be black, Gay or Woman, lets see if anyone singles them out!

Thats what he done, he singled out White guys with Blue eyes. You know why...because he can get away with it. Whos gonna protest. LOL

Tsom87

If the world was owned by black , gay , or woman , then he would be right on.

Yet that is not the case , and I do not see why bring that up at all.

By saying white with blue eyes you could also interpret he meant "people that do not mix with different races very much" , because blue eyes are found to be recessive genes , hard to come by , not leaving much space for a race mix if you want to keep those in for generations. He obviously did not mean only white people with blue eyes , but an elite that does not mix up and looks down on the other races.

And of course , that does not mean white poeple with blue eyes look down on other races , maybe fewer than you can think of.

But you and I , both members of this conspiracy board should already know that the real owners of the world are white , and they certainly do not seem the type that likes to mix up , right?

Ok let's say there is a guy called John Rothschild , and another guy called Bob Rockfeller right ? Let's just suppose those guys have a long generation of white people , that has been owning the world for a few centuries , I MEAN JUST SUPPOSE , 'kay? And they just happened to have been bringing the whole economy down while enriching themselves...

Then a president comes forth and say "the crisis was caused by white men with blue eyes".

What to think?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Yes, I too would laugh heartily to hear a news report say "the crime was commited by black men with short, curly hair" or "by Latinos with greasy skin" or whatever.

I'm surprised they didn't say "white men with ginger hair, a tendancy to burn easily in the sun, and a worrying disposition to flinch whenever anyone says 'oi, ginger!'"

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Last Man on Earth
Yes, I too would laugh heartily to hear a news report say "the crime was commited by black men with short, curly hair" or "by Latinos with greasy skin" or whatever.

I'm surprised they didn't say "white men with ginger hair, a tendancy to burn easily in the sun, and a worrying disposition to flinch whenever anyone says 'oi, ginger!'"

Is ginger hair hard to come by via race mix as well

Ok , let's all pretend we are ignorant now , in a way that we can only understand things in the literal way
, I see !

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Ever wonder why there will NEVER be racial harmony? Look within yourselves next time you're calling us White people racists.

[edit on 27/3/2009 by Revealation]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
The Guy aint stupid, he knows that its not only ''white guys with blue eyes'' on Wall Street, London and who run banks around the world. But still he singles them out. =?

Tsom87

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Your big time overlooking this......

When he refers to the "White people with blue eyes" I think you may find that he is just referring to Former President Bush. Who, when you think about it, created a worse affair for the economic downturn by in reality doing nothing to prevent it.. or in some cases making it worse.

It might also be worth noting that, Mr Bush thought it was a good idea to put Brazil on the Most dangerous/ terrorist infested list... For no factual or given reason (Though rumours surfaced that it may have been down to a US business deal that Brazil rejected). When this was announced many years before the current crisis, it caused a massive slump in Brazil's tourism. Which was booming at the time. This slump caused a mini downturn effecting all of Brazil....

Also, to the OP and other critics, Lula was elected because he had the voice of the people. He came from the Favela's (Shanty towns) and yet some how, he managed to work his way to the top (despite not going to uni or having hardly any education full stop) and gather people to the same cause.
In his first term he did what he said he would do and Brazil got back on its feet, the currency was going up in value, people for the most part were generally happy. But after his reelection, there was greater input from other powers, which has had a significant impact, and his popularity dropped. Its steadily regaining however.
I shan't suggest who these other powers are, but I am sure you can guess

While still on the note of education.... Lula, is in no way similar in any aspect to George Bush, who was just a Puppet. Lula has struggled his whole life to do what he thinks is right and this is to move people out of the Shanty Towns and into affordable housing by making legal jobs possible!

Please also note that just because I lived in Brazil, doesn't mean that i am being bias... I am just giving the opposite criticism

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Funny *snip*!! While some ATS members are on this message boards listening to voices of the pissed off irrational few who talk a bunch of bull and I have to walk into my local IRS office this morning and ask them to show me the guidelines that requires me to show them my books (small battle), I come out here and see the windmill swinging fight on whether whitey or darky is responsible because some *snip* made some *snip* comment!! To think that I served most of my adult life up to this point for this *snip*, believing that me and my fallen comrades were protecting the integrity of the U.S. Constitution and the American people! They are allegedly about to put us away in FEMA camps and we still talk the same *snip*. I think that I just changed my stance from freedom fighter to a FEMA camp advocate! Put all of your *snip* away and let us wipe each other out while they continue making money and laughing! It is only the natural order of things, remember? Survival of the fittest? And by the way, I am one of those blacks that some of you *snip* are talking so adamantly about and also a patriot, only not a patriot for the cause of *snip*! Wake up *snip* and get a clue! This is what they want us to do.

Mod Edit: Profanity circumvention. Don't do it.

[edit on 3/27/2009 by seagull]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revealation
Ever wonder why there will NEVER be racial harmony? Look within yourselves next time you're calling us White people racists.

I am white , if you were referring to me

And I do not label every white , black , blue , green , yellow , brown , or whatever other color there is racist.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Kliskey

My thoughts exactly.

The notion that Brazil is infested with terrorists is laughable to say the least...

Just gets me wondering what will be their excuse to invade , if they have to :x

As once said the wise George W. bush :

"Weapons of mass destruction?"

"Oops , none here!"

*sheeple laughs*

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roufas

I am white , if you were referring to me

And I do not label every white , black , blue , green , yellow , brown , or whatever other color there is racist.

If I were referring to you, your name would have been included in the post.

I'm talking in general about racial harmony. Every single race Including our white race, seems to point out every ones faults yet doesn't seem to recognize their own.

my point is that when people point fingers and make accusations of racism or single out a certain race, they should truly look within themselves and their own races to see that they are just as much at fault for racism.

it's nature and hardwired into our brains. Every one has some aspect of racism in them. This is what has kep our existemce as a species.

Do you see lions and hyenas hanging out and being diplomatic? Or cheetas and elephants dining together. It's surviival instinct.

And no I wasn't talking to you, but yes, everyone has racism in them to some degree. It's a fact. Doesn't mean we're not educated enough to live peacebly together, but we are all from different lifes and cultural experiences which others don't want in their lives.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
double post

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join