It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazil president blames white people for crisis

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by HolydarknessVA
I wonder how someone this undereducated got elected into office down there?

I often wonder how someone who sat in a racist cult in Chicago for 20 years ... listening to how every world problem is the white mans fault ... got elected to be president HERE.

The leader of Iran hates Jews.

Korean and Japanese elected officials hate each other, but they keep getting elected.

The leadership in Syria has been very vocal about hating Jews.

Hitler hated Jews, Catholics and homosexuals, and the people elected him anyways.

Etc etc etc

Having racist elected leaders isn't only happening in Brazil.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Whew! It's not my fault after all. I have green eyes.
2nd line

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
You guys think you have it all figured out. Like it's so cut and dry, black and white, but you have narrow vision and an empty heart.

The reason African American's may commit more crime then say "white" people is because there are more black people living in poverty. Here are a few points to live by.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can't possibly bash black or hispanic people for commmitting a higher rate of crimes over white people until minimum wage reaches a level a human being can actually live off. When you can't feed your kids on mimimum wage people get desperate. THAT IS why so many are locked up in a cage.

Education is one of the worst in the modern world. We continue to lower the passing grades in order to cover up the uncreative dumb down education our children now receive. So our children graduate school at an illiterate stage trying to make it on minimum wage ending up locked in a cage.

I know a lot of people may hate my politics but you NEED to understand Democracy and Freedom ARE NOT SYNONOMOUS. Every single thing you buy from china is most likely produced by some 8 year old working 16 hour shifts 7 days a week. 20 cents an hour 1 meal and no fu**ing sleep. The factories they work in have no air conditioning and often reach over 100 degrees. It's a modern form of slavery and enough is enough.

Every wonder where all those old electronic pieces of equipment end up? A large portion goes to china where landfills are shared on the same streets with living people. Children playing and sitting amongst piles and piles of hazardous landfill less then 30 feet from where they sleep.

It's a wonderfull world isn't it? So before you start bashing people who take welfare checks or food stamps, maybe you better take a big step back and see what the f&ck you have been supporting and aiding to exist in this world.

Why does affirmative action exist? Exactly..

You could learn something from watching this:
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 27-3-2009 by libertytoall]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

Explain one single thing to me.

Why is it that on the whole, Mexican illegal immigrants can work hard, live within their allocated salaries and avoid criminality?

Aren't they in a worse financial condition than the established black communities of the USA?

Money does not explain criminality.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen

Originally posted by drwizardphd

Originally posted by Swatman

Wow.

Congratulations on saying something just as ignorant and uneducated as the Brazilian president.

He might have been off base somewhat, and Politically incorrect, but the fact remains that the most vocal racists who speak of "Oppression", and the "White Devil", are typically they themselves recipients of Employment, Benefits, and Government funded Aide courtesy of "White People".

Oh, and yes, by-in-large Latin America is far more racist than what many encounter within the United States. They not only have Skin Color prejudice in Latin America, but many nations also judge you on what SHADE of what color your skin is.

[edit on 3-26-2009 by TheAgentNineteen]

Im fed up of white people complaining about black people being on welfare and being lazy etc first of all 75% of black families are not on welfare and if you dont like paying for it then go blame your ancestors and im sure black people werent lazy when they were working 24 hours a day picking cotton and growing sugar to make (white) countries rich and im sure what the Brazilian president meant was that these people who claim that they are the most intellegent majority of the time and look down on other races, refuse to listen or take advice from others because they believe that they are superior for example America would never have taken financial advice from china before now has dug themselves a great big hole and fell right in it and he's probably also refering to the people who created the financial system in the first place which were ALL white people. Castro's probably laughing right now.

Mod Edit: Removed quote from an actioned post.

[edit on 3/27/2009 by seagull]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

It's still a personal choice. If you're poor and want a better life then get off your ass and work honestly for it. Rich people become criminals too so I guess there is more to it than being poor.

I'm soooo sick of hearing how 'minorities' commit more crime because there are more of them who are poor. The decision to become a criminal is made because it's an easy way out. There are many many poor people who choose not to become criminals. Why is that?

I grew up in a poor household. Went to public school. We had little compared to many of these so called poor people today who decide to become criminals.

Somehow I made it this far without being a criminal. Never robbed anyone, stole a car or dealt drugs.

Want to know why? Not because I wasn't poor. Not because I wouldn't have liked to have had some of the things people with more money had. Not even because the thought of quick money wasn't tempting. It's because my parents taught me better.

Many of these criminal types feel they 'deserve better' but want it the easy way. Rather than work 40 hrs, it's much easier to just steal it. And, I do admit the thought of making a years salary in a few weeks by dealing drugs sure is tempting. Unfortunately, I have morals so I work a job I'd rather not be at rather than push drugs and help people ruin their lives.

Being poor doesn't make one a criminal. Greed and laziness does.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I know how our potus got elected and my main post was to point out how almost everything today is about race.

I also want to apologize to the mod who has been working overtime on this thread (I was hoping this thread would not bring up this much tension)

And one more note. Poverity is not a scapegoat for criminals the other user hit the nail right on the head. Bad parenting and abuse is the #1 for most people who become a criminal. If you dont belive that then ask a local law enforcement officer how fast a child abuser / molester makes it in prison before he gets his rear end beat down.

My family came up from the poverity level to high middle class without ever committing a crime. It can be done you just have to put your heart into it.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
"white people with blue eyes" accounts for so many areas on the globe, for a leader to say that is absolutely irresponsible and sad.

I feel sorry for brazilians to be led by such a misinformed person who judges an entire race on people with blonde hair and blue eyes..

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
These comments are stupid. Even if the thruth is that banksters might be white skinned and ans blue eyed.

Stupid comments because, banksters are a tiny minority among a minority. Backlash could be the outcome for many white folks who have nothing to do with the economic collapse.

In Zimbawe the whites are gone, it is hell. South Africa is a new zimbawe in a making.

I don't want people to think it is a supremacist statement. The problem is that in such countries whites people were the economical elite, or at least the agricultural one. The country was able to eat and export.

Whites did leave, often in a brutal fashion. But they were not replaced, or if they were, it was by uncompetency or corruption. Making it frankly far worse than it was.

South Africa could have been a paradise, but they fail by replacing aparthied by chaos. 1 million already left SA.

Da silva's comments are inflamatory, and I guess it could be well received by the poors in Brazil, witch are mainly from black and indian descent. If the outcome is white bashing. Many will leave.

Guess witch whites will leave ????

The banksters with white skin with blue eye, BECAUSE they have the monney to get out easily. They have hundreds of thousands needed to fill application in Australia, Canada, Europe.

The others will leave if they can, or maybe later be be beheaded, slaughtered in their house like South Africa ?

I acknowledge some major economical progress were made in Brazil lately. But, I don't think such comments made by President Lulla, will help or boost the economy in Brazil.

Really stupid comments since Brazil had big expectation as a new economical power.

I downrate Brazil !

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Brazil’s President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva on Thursday blamed the global economic crisis on “white people with blue eyes”

So it's a Swedish conspiracy then????

I guess everyone wants to blame someone.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyashdenton15
if you dont like paying for it then go blame your ancestors

:shk:

Some of my ancestors were native american indian.
Some of my ancestors didn't come here until after slavery ended in the USA.
The ancestors that were here fought with the North against slavery.
One of my ancestors died fighting slavery.

Most white people in America did not own slaves. However, a large percentage of freed black people owned other blacks. Slavery is endemic to Africa where black people routinely sell other black people into slavery. THEY STILL DO IT TO THIS DAY

And as far as blaming people on welfare for their state in life - there are two groups. One group is there due to a turn of bad luck but plan on picking themselves up and trying again. The other group is there because they are leeches on society and they have no intention of actually working for their money. I absolutely blame the second group for making their own bad decisions . They have no self resonsibility .

Black people in America who had ancestors as slaves here don't have a corner market on slave-ancestors. My non-black ancestors were slaves. Slavery was rampent in Europe and in the Middle East as well as in Asia. It's still a big problem in Asia and in Africa.

I don't sit back on my butt and whine about how my native american ancestors were treated poorly and I don't sit around expecting the English government to pay me because my Irish ancestors were slaves to the English. No one alive at this time had anything to do with what happened hundreds of years ago. Not in Europe. Not in the USA.

Remember history so that it doesn't repeat itself, but also remember that If you keep looking backwards you'll never go forwards.

[edit on 3/27/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
nothing sells like the the thruth people who mope about racisim are vonrable to the effection of human emotion there is truth to a lot of racial prejudice it should not be forgoton a great tool to use if you need to colaborate a means of over powering people when u might find your self in a vonrable situation

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
While i think the brazil guy is an idiot

and while i really wish i had seen swatmans comment (just out of curiosity)

i have to say this, being white myself:

This is no different than white people clenching their purses or patting their wallets when they walk down the street next to a black guy.

This is no different than a man from Puerto Rico getting angry because you called him Mexican.

This is just racial stereotypes coming back to bite white people in the ass.

No, it's not all white people. It's not all black people, and it's not all latino people, in any stereotype.

But, these fat filthy rich white business men have finally created an atmosphere where white people are finally getting a taste of their own medicine.

A taste, in my opinion, that is long overdue.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by Fremd]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Well...normally I would take this time to eviscerate the pathetic argument of the very obviously brilliant & insightful Brazilian "El Presidente", but I must now cast my "devilish" blue eyes to my personal "WHEEL OF OPPRESSION" as I give it the delightful daily spin to determine which unfortunate "non-Caucasian" race shall receive the brunt of my daily hammer-fisted GLOBAL tyranny.

O.K. here we go with the SPIN....COME ON, YEAH BOY, BIG MONEY...NO WAMMIES!!!!

Ahhhhh yes, today's doomed lot has been impartially determined to be...........

*****ETHNIC ALBANIANS******

Well, now I must bid you all a fond "fare thee well" as it is now my charge to issue directives to the Cabal of international power brokers which eagerly await my daily call.

Oh wait.... sorry bout that I forgot, I'm just another white guy with blue eyes that is about to head in to work and bust my arse for the purpose of earning a miserable wage in a attempt to sustain my family as well as contributing(even now) to the various charitable organizations I have supported over the years. Boy is it tough being "THE MAN"~

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fremd
While i think the brazil guy is an idiot

and while i really wish i had seen swatmans comment (just out of curiosity)

i have to say this, being white myself:

This is no different than white people clenching their purses or patting their wallets when they walk down the street next to a black guy.

This is no different than a man from Puerto Rico getting angry because you called him Mexican.

This is just racial stereotypes coming back to bite white people in the ass.

No, it's not all white people. It's not all black people, and it's not all latino people, in any stereotype.

But, these fat filthy rich white business men have finally created an atmosphere where white people are finally getting a taste of their own medicine.

A taste, in my opinion, that is long overdue.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by Fremd]

Excellent points!

It is so very true. White people do stereotype other races.. even when they dont mean to or know they are. For me, I went to a school of mainly african-americans, and I saw first hand how they really act. They like to look hard, but when you get to know them and dont judge them, they are some of the nicest and loyal people you could meet.

Thats just one example of people needing to learn from their own experiences and not judging an entire race based on the actions of a few people here and there

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Here I was thinking the housing community reinvestment act that forced the banks to give loans to under qualitied people, many who were hispanic as well as white was the cause of the meltdown. Just because the banks will let you have a loan doesn't mean you have to take it.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Oh, Jesus. White people. And White people blame all the brown people. I love this. I love how we're all so busy trying our hardest to find someone who deserves blame. Everyone does. From the top to the bottom, there has been no accountability.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This does not surprise me one bit.

Play one MMORPG game online you see 500 people withe the symbol BR_NameHere
It's to symbolize there from Brazil.

Any English speaking person try's to speak or be friendly they cuss and say stuff in half spoken english like..World trade center go boooom zuhahahahah..

ECT.ECT.
They have been disliking Americans for i know 8 year's..in my stent of playing online MMORPG'.

It's one of the major reason's MMORPG'S are unplayable...Ask around everyone knows this fact

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by HolydarknessVA

Only a Tribal mongrel would state such a thing!

Brazil’s President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva
on Thursday blamed the global economic crisis on “white people with blue eyes” and said it was wrong that black and indigenous people should pay for white people’s mistakes.

Strong words coming from a president of a country that only exports are Soccer players,Cocaine and peoples Pains!

What a Wise man. Not.

Zelong.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
just like to say..Calihan is hot =)
on Topic...
oh crap i forgot what I was gunna say.
*&*& Whitey =)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join