It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazil president blames white people for crisis

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Call him racist.. but technically he wasn't wrong, is he ? Look at all the bankers, tycoons, corporations, Federal Reserves and walls street Fat-Cats.. they are WhitX as paper.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I'm sure Mr. Lula da Silva was happy and quiet when some of the same said blond hair, blue eyed people helped him to his millions...

Of course everything can be seen as true from a certain point of view.

To each their own ignorance. They have to live with them-self.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
You can blame it on a lot of people really...

I remembered that a Republican said:

African Americans in the U.S.
The coolies (Chinese)
The wetbacks (Mexicans)

And yes, this came from the mouth of a republican in my county.

[edit on 3/28/2009 by die_another_day]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by krytonic

Haha, you got me...my point was diversity. Judaism is a religion and when I was writing the post I actually contemplated not putting that in there for that very reason. But I figure, for those on the thread who think that Brazilians are a bunch of "Mexicans" running around in loin cloths in the jungle, they should probably know the real truth about diversity there. Jews are not an ethnicity, but in some ways they are a continuum of ethnic qualities based on their Semitic roots and diaspora to Spain, North Africa, Eastern Europe and Central Asia (and even India).

So, on the consideration of them as a "group" that emigrated to Brazil, I would say, yeah, they are an ethnic group...they would have left persecution in their own hegemonic villages in Eastern Europe (as some parents and grandparents of famous Brazilians have) and gone en masse to Brazil for a better life. I remember walking through a part of Belo Horizonte in Brazil and encountering several groups of Hasidic Jews walking around, talking in Portuguese (and what may have been Yiddish).

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
You can blame it on a lot of people really... I remembered that a Republican said: African Americans in the U.S., The coolies (Chinese), The wetbacks (Mexicans) And yes, this came from the mouth of a republican in my county.

Not to hijack the thread into partisan bickering, but the Republican Party is traditionally, historically, the champion of Civil Rights for blacks, while the Democrat Party is the party of southern racists, the KKK, and those who oppose Civil Rights for blacks. That's just historical fact, my friends. Inexplicably, in the 21st Century, we still have a Democrat Klansman, our detestable racist friend Robert "White Nigger" Byrd, as well as a host of race-baiting Democrat malcontents in the U.S. Senate. When it comes to the facts, the Democrats have a far, far worse track record of racist fear-mongering.

However, the point is that there are angels and devils in every party, in every social and political movement. Let's try not to demonize whole groups of people based on the stupid actions and pronouncements of a few individuals.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
You can blame it on a lot of people really...

I remembered that a Republican said:

African Americans in the U.S.
The coolies (Chinese)

Coolie is a reference to the east indian living in the Caribbean

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I bet the guy really hates people like me. Redhair and blue eyes. My skin color is not white it is more a freckled pink...

[edit on 3/28/2009 by Pinkarella]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The leader of Brazil no doubt painted with an overly broad brush. However, what he probably meant was that the economic crisis is the fault of a small group of white men who by dint of their greed forgot the basic rules of economics.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Remarks and observations of the Brazilian prez kind usually draw critical response only from Americans who let themselves be brainwashed by the government, which fears civil unrests all the time. The parrots have spoken once again.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
It's a shame he didn't instead use the words "dark skinned people with dark eyes" - this surely woulda resulted in the end of his political career. Oh well, it's acceptable to name, shame and blame white people for all the earth's problems. Which is strange because "logic and reality" illustrate that the majority of countries in the world that have extreme poverty, high unemployment, high inflation and social chaos are comprised of non-white populations.

[edit on 29/3/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW

This economic crisis was written on the wall when the WTO refused to set mandatory goals for world wide wage increases and labor standards long ago. The economically developed nations can not continue to create the demand to keep the world's economic wheels turning through debt. As long as third world wages remain low, and third world demand fails to rise, the laws of supply and demand can not sustain a global economy.

By oppressing third world wages and labor rights, third world nations have contributed to this economic down turn every bit as much as the business leaders of the first world nations. It is equally the fault of brown eyed bankers as it is the fault of blue eyed bankers, and the leaders of the third world nations, as well as the leaders of the first world nations.

The people who want to blame all of this on the first world nations are pathetic.

[edit on 29-3-2009 by poet1b]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
actually it was white with blue eyes.. my eyes are green...so im not included... yall with white skin and blue eyes are demons sent by the devil himself!

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

The USA worries about its economy because the entire world relies on the stability of the U.S. economy. When the U.S. economy sneezes, the rest of the world trembles in terror.

— Doc Velocity

In my World,Australia has been screwed by the US of A before and Still. Do you realize how this Open market crap has Stuffed ever thing down under from Pig Farms to Orange Orchards.Our Orange drinks have been coming from Brazil for at least a Decade now,Dried Powdered Oranges just ad water!

Get off ya High Horse man cause your not that Great any more.You guys are screwing with Too Many Economys.
How,you Must ask? every time we get exports/imports the great US of A Tilts the Frigging Playing Field we are always running up field!!!

So next time you like to State:

When the U.S. economy sneezes, the rest of the world trembles in terror.

It is because the Great US of A has taken it away from other country's like Ozzie Farmers and Brazil but than cannot produce the goods!!!!!

Zelong.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
what a nasty little racist cretin- and this tool is in charge of one of the biggest countries on earth?!

This is one unapologetic blue eyed white lad who would love to confront this animanl mano y mano

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Zelong

It is not the U.S. of A, it is the IC's (International Corporations), and what we are all suffering from is a result of what the WTO did ten years ago in developing international treaties.

It all comes from this free market/communism nonsense. I think you need to become aware of the Australian government's embrace of this free market nonsense that got us in this mess in the first place. Australia is every bit as guilty as the U.S. in supporting this mess.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
That's so freaking epic. lolz

My gf is mega white but dam.. she hate's white people with a passion. lolz

>.> i mean like i am like all dark brown and she is in love with me ;3

[edit on 7-4-2009 by Thunderclaps]

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join