It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazil president blames white people for crisis

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
As a Brazilian, I would like to apologize for the absurd and racist remarks of our ignorant, semi-illiterate, corrupt and hypocrit president. He does not have a clue about the causes of the current financial crises anyway...

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by felipecb
As a Brazilian, I would like to apologize for the absurd and racist remarks of our ignorant, semi-illiterate, corrupt and hypocrit president. He does not have a clue about the causes of the current financial crises anyway...

Thank you,

I don't understand how some posters can be apologist for this guys remarks.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Hey, before posting any reply to this subject, you people should get informed on the fact that in Brazil more than 60% of the population is composed of white people (less than 0,2% are pure indians) and if you only take a glance at pictures of our president, you can notice that he himself is completely white (mostly portuguese descendance). His declaration has no racist tone and, like most quotes from latin american leaders, is being misunderstood (purposedly I think) by the press.
As a matter of fact, I'm mostly white, descendant of spanish, german, italian, portuguese and brasilian indian and I couldn't be so ignorant to feel offended by Mr. Lula's speech.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
WOW, what I find really disgusting is that he is getting by with these racist comments. I did a quick search, and the closest article I could find saying anything negative about this blatant racist statement by this panderer, is that he is nutty, or crazy.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by poet1b]

Wow really,were you been man haven't you noticed yet,it's the Decade of the politicians,were they cause unrest just to stand up in the nick off time to make the people feel safe again and lock people up.

Zelong.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by nanbei
Hey, before posting any reply to this subject, you people should get informed on the fact that in Brazil more than 60% of the population is composed of white people (less than 0,2% are pure indians) and if you only take a glance at pictures of our president, you can notice that he himself is completely white (mostly portuguese descendance). His declaration has no racist tone and, like most quotes from latin american leaders, is being misunderstood (purposedly I think) by the press.
As a matter of fact, I'm mostly white, descendant of spanish, german, italian, portuguese and brasilian indian and I couldn't be so ignorant to feel offended by Mr. Lula's speech.

Yea we are all brothers, I too am mixed,

What exactly did he mean?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by HolydarknessVA

i know his statement was racist....but do you honestly think that the global elite have allowed ethic diversity amongst their ranks???

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Really not necessary felipecb I'm not offended(me anyway), as I mentioned earlier:
reply to post by Zelong

Regards
Zelong.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
This is not a coincidence. This "president" knows what he is saying, that came from his counselors - behind the scenes. White race is to not exist any more, that is what bankers want. And they have been working on it for a long time.
"White men with blue eyes" is just a symbol, but it will affect everyone, every smart person in the world, not just white race. But, the white race is a good start.

So, it is in the best interest of blacks and all other races to have white race around...or bankers will enslave them like animals.

It is all a game that bankers play...to me so obvious and so simple, but I don't have a clue how to stop them. The are removing my race from the planet, and I am helpless.

Again, they are not removing whites because they love blacks and others...absolutely not. They just want less trouble, and whites know too much.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kliskey
Your big time overlooking this......

When he refers to the "White people with blue eyes" I think you may find that he is just referring to Former President Bush. Who, when you think about it, created a worse affair for the economic downturn by in reality doing nothing to prevent it.. or in some cases making it worse.

oh and i take it that everyone down there is gonna see it that way? most probably wont.. heck most here in the states wouldnt.. and even if that is what he means.. it was gross negligance on his part.. and could easily cause a witch hunt in the more rual areas. in a lot of different countries

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by nanbei

What percentage of the Brazilian population has blue eyes? Not too many people from Spain or Portugal have blue eyes, so why is the President of Brazil blaming people with blue eyes for the problems of Brazil.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
There were quite a few Nazis that relocated to Brazil to avoid prosecution for war crimes. Not all of them came to the U.S.... I have met blonde haired blue eyed people from Brazil and Spain.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
well no one else has said it so I will!

Isn't it intriguing that the leaders of BRAZIL, where all of Hitlers commanders and upper echelon ran into hiding (i.e. boys from Brazil), are now claiming that the nearly perfect 'Aryan' (minus blonde hair) is the key to all of their problems?

Maybe Brazil should join up with the JDL to start pawning whitey back into his place...

Note: Read entire post with sarcasm Mr./s. Touchy...

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Well, I googled the words "Brazilian Economy" and found this:

Gross domestic product (GDP): $ 603,973,025,800 (2004);
Government budget balance as share of GDP: -0.8581 % (1998); Inflation, GDP, avg. annual: 10.6375 % (2000);
Inflation, consumer prices, avg. annual: 9.585 % (2000);
GDP per capita: $ 3,211 (2004); Trade balance: 37.395 % of imports (2002);
Labor force, unemployment rate: 9.7 % (2003);
GDP, industry share: 39.9864 % (2004);
GDP, manufacturing share: 10.7436 % (2004);
GDP, services share: 49.6436 % (2004);

And I might add, this is the country which filed bankruptcy at the end of the Carter Administration because it was stupid enough to borrow from us at 18% interest in order to pay off past debts.

And he's blaming US for his country's problems??

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by nanbei

What percentage of the Brazilian population has blue eyes? Not too many people from Spain or Portugal have blue eyes, so why is the President of Brazil blaming people with blue eyes for the problems of Brazil.

He is blaming them to take attention away from his own failings and complacency. Even if what he said was true, why did he let his country get in a position where these people could do so much damage to their economy? The same question could and should be asked by all people in all nations including America. Oh and when I say these people I'm talking about bankers and their politician enablers, whether it be brown eyed Vikram Pandit or blue eyed Kenneth Lewis.

I can say for certain there are millions of blue eyed people who had nothing to do with Brazil's economic misfortune but I can't say the same for the President of Brazil and his eye color has nothing to do with it. Who he is and what he does is the reason I say he is responsible.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by Jacob08]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I am guilty. Blue eyes and all!! I also have toilet paper!! How many in the world can say the same?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by nanbei
Hey, before posting any reply to this subject, you people should get informed on the fact that in Brazil more than 60% of the population is composed of white people (less than 0,2% are pure indians)

and if you only take a glance at pictures of our president, you can notice that he himself is completely white

I do not require a census of Brazil in order to determine the validity of the assertion that the president of your country (in his neophytic geopolitical blustering) has made a colossal diplomatic blunder as well as a glaringly racist statement.

I in no way would presume to defend the dastardly actions of the international power brokers who caused this global crisis, but I shan't be collectively lumped in with their ilk just because I happen to share skin tone & eye color with SOME of these scumbags.

Brazilian president seeks more clout for countries like his

In conclusion, I suggest that if this man Silva is truly seeking a seat for Brazil within the U.N. Security Council, he should endeavor to brush up on a few of the diplomatic protocols considered to be conducive to being taken seriously. Perhaps he will then be less prone to making statements such as this.....

"Once in a while, he said, while sitting at a meeting with other world leaders, "I feel like an outsider. I ask myself, what am I doing here?" ~Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva
www.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I appreciate you posting this.

I spent several years in Tucson, Arizona and was much of the time the ONLY caucasian person around, most of the others were Mexican. I found the common openness and "say it as it is" behavior refreshing. It was very often that if someone is gay they call them gay, if someone is fat they call them fat. I was wondering if it's the same for the President of Brazil but your comment clarified that for me. =)

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I thing most people here in this forum are not understanding what our president was trying to say. When he said "white men with blue eyes" he was using it only as a metaphor (an expression of an understanding of one concept in terms of another concept, where there is some similarity or correlation between the two) that, like most metaphors in portuguese, when translated to english, is misundertood.
"White men with blue eyes" is just a symbolic nomination for highly educated people mostly from rich country, white, black, yellow, indian, green or wathever you name it, who occupied high rank jobs in financial and government sectors and are all responsible for all this astronomical ponzi scheme.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by HolydarknessVA

Race and intelligence has a lot to do with today, but not on a particularly balanced weighing system, seeing the types of disadvantages some races has had over the years while the advantages others have had.

But, Brazils Presidents comments are ludicrous and he should be given a slap to the face with some baby powder just for that comment he made.

His comment is "true", but certainly biased and stereotypical.

All squares are rectangles, but not all rectangles are squares...

Most of the time, people make assumptions based on a generalization where the majority is at fault, but it is obvious it is a select group of "white people" who should never be the representation of an entire race, which shows how oblivious this president truly is.

The only thing "Breaking" about this article is my logic helmet, because it has been filled with bullsh*t comments from dumb leaders as of lately.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by nanbei

If that is the case which it probably is - I can see it in a different light.

I have spoken to people from other countries, but the same language (being English)...humor and figurative language is usually lost after the first few words.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join