It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who else already truly believes there is life elsewhere other than earth?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
In the past year, I have really awakened I think to reality.

I am totally convinced there is life elsewhere. That is because there is SO many planets out there. There are like trillions (probably more) in our galaxy alone. There are billions of galaxys.

How can you tell me an intelligent civilization just like our own has not developed elsewhere? In my mind, it's impossible.

I believe in God. I think that he created the universe (possibly more than one universe) in such a fashion that allows life to develop on its own. I dont think he just popped a human on the earth.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by King neptune117

I believe life is the norm and not the exception in all the Galaxies in this Universe. I look at it this way an Ultimate Creator would continually create as an artist on canvas will paint. There is order and chaos in our galaxy but in our Solar System I see order as the planets orbit El Sol.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by amari]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
100% belief. Absolute! No doubt about it! We would be really arrogant to believe otherwise. We might as well not believe in stuff that lives in deep underground caves or volcanic vents on earth. India just came out with the bacteria in the balloon sample from space. It is everywhere. I will bet money on it.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I believe. I think to believe that we are the greatest thing in the universe, and the ONLY thing is narcissistic and a tad ignorant. Just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

NO QUESTION.....there are Trillions of planets, suns, solar systems, galaxies....NO END to space and matter/law, everything IS, we ARE, to think there isn't more HUMAN life would almost be "stupid" to think, even for the evolutionist(which I 100% disagree with). YUP, there's NO END to "creations"(organizations) where everything we see here is there also, enjoy you stay, you have forever to think about it...stan

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Of course there is life out there. I never had a problem with it, and in fact, I have trouble believing that people actually think there is not.

I, too, believe God created the universe (an infinite amount of them), created all the galaxies, the solar systems, and the planets, everything.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Originally posted by King neptune117

Short answer: Everybody with an understanding of the vastness of the universe.

Although conditions on Earth are likely rare (rocky planet, large satellite, tilted axis, moderately-sized yellow star, "goldilocks zone," liquid water, oxygen/nitrogen atmosphere, magnetosphere), there is, was or will be another similarly situated planet before the universe peters out or begins the "big crunch."

jw

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

Short answer: Everybody with an understanding of the vastness of the universe.

Although conditions on Earth are likely rare (rocky planet, large satellite, tilted axis, moderately-sized yellow star, "goldilocks zone," liquid water, oxygen/nitrogen atmosphere, magnetosphere), there is, was or will be another similarly situated planet before the universe peters out or begins the "big crunch."

jw

I think its odd we only see the conditions that we exist in as "suitable for life" why couldn't other beings have come about under different conditions that would seem unsuitable to us?

Why must everything be exactly the same as us?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

i do ...
the possibilities are about as endless as the universe ...

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
look where your asking LOL.

but I really accepted the possibility that universe is filled with lifeforms when I was in 3rd grade; that's when I started getting into this kind of stuff.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I believe that life is a chemistry. I believe that the physical laws of the universe which govern planetary formation are pretty much static across the whole of the universe. Therefore, if the events which lead to the production of a solar system such as ours can happen here, they are likely to happen elsewhere. If the chemical combinations necessary for abiogenesis can happen here, they can happen elsewhere.

So yes, I believe there is life elsewhere in the universe.

Evolution is not a random process, it's deterministic. We see similar adaptations to similar environments coming from species separated by millions upon millions of years of evolution. Bacteria, Viruses, Birds, Mammals, Insects, and even some species of fish and lizards have all evolved adaptations to take advantage of the planet's substantial atmosphere as a means of locomotion. If evolution is so deterministic here, I see no reason to suspect that it is not equally deterministic elsewhere. Most higher multicellular life forms have a brain and nervous system. Intelligence is not a specific adaptation, but a broad one, like venom. Therefore, I see no reason why intelligence would be specifically prohibitive.

Do I believe life exists in the universe? Absolutely. Do I believe intelligent life exists in the universe? Yes, although, I'm not sure if there is intelligent life anywhere near us - or that it may not have evolved yet or possibly has gone extinct long ago. Remember that we've only been around ourselves for the blink of an eye, and we'll likely be gone just as quickly.

There's still quite a leap of logic to take from accepting intelligent life in the Universe, and accepting the idea of alien life coming down to Earth and giving free colonoscopies to toothless uninsured rednecks as part of the universal healthcare plan.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by king9072
I think its odd we only see the conditions that we exist in as "suitable for life" why couldn't other beings have come about under different conditions that would seem unsuitable to us?

Why must everything be exactly the same as us?

It's not "odd," it's a point of reference.

Show me another form of life other than carbon-based. Even extremophiles depend on conditions as exist or existed on Earth.

(Please do not speculate about silicon-based or sulphur-based, et c. unless you have evidence of such "life.")

jw

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Only pretentious ignorant people would think that we are the only ones in the entire universe.

Anyone with the bare minimum of intelligence knows that we are not.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I want to know, not believe.

I don't doubt the possibilities of life being out there, it's just a matter of time before we make that discovery.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mandroid
India just came out with the bacteria in the balloon sample from space.

The bacteria was not from space. It was from the stratosphere, which is still very much part of Earth. If you have flown on a commercial airline you have been in the lower part of the stratosphere.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I do think that life exists elsewhere in our galaxy. Whether it is abundant or rare I can't say, as both terms are subjective.

Originally posted by thomas_
Only pretentious ignorant people would think that we are the only ones in the entire universe.

Anyone with the bare minimum of intelligence knows that we are not.

No one knows, level of intelligence has nothing to do with it. Even if we do believe that there is life beyond Earth, we must at least recognize the possibility that we are all alone. There is nothing pretentious or ignorant with recognizing that possibility.

How can you tell me an intelligent civilization just like our own has not developed elsewhere? In my mind, it's impossible.

It's not impossible. We could be the latest in a series of intelligent civilizations in the galaxy or we could be the pinnacle of such civilizations. It could be we share our galaxy with millions of intelligent civilizations and it could be intelligence is a fluke enjoyed only by Earth. Each scenario has an equal possibility. We just do not know.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

I dont think we are as rare as people makes us out to believe, i think they just want to feel special and superior. Theres too many stars in the universe for us to be a freak of nature. lol. But I do believe in a Higher concious, or what others call God.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Not only do I believe in life on other planets, but I am sure that, when givven the time, life could even find it's way to the cold vacume of the universe. Perhaps this is allready the case in some regions.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

(Please do not speculate about silicon-based or sulphur-based, et c. unless you have evidence of such "life.")

jw
Thats all we have is speculation. Anybody can speculate on whatever they want, although, it doesn't mean its true. That would be like me saying, "don't speculate on the big crunch, cause there is no real evidence, other then speculation, of such a universal event". Sure, things could implode on themselves because the speculator data is there, but it doesn't mean it will actually happen.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I wanna know does anyone NOT believe, lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join