It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lacerta Files

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

Thanks Macram. The irony with SSnaga is he knows it is a hoax, but how he knows it is as unfalsifiable as the files themselves, and infinitely lacking in support. That is he knows because he's met a shapeshifting reptile being himself and knows what is true because he has trascended the ordinary puny human mind? Funny.

As for the Sanskrit texts. They are very hard to understand, because they require a lot of intertexual knowledge and a very thorough grounding in Sanskrit metaphysics and history . I recommend you start with more simpler Sanskrit texts and good English translations: The Bhagvad Gita is the best. I won't recommend reading the Mahabharata and Ramayana epics, because they are huge(The Mahabharata is 3 times the size of the bible) the Gita is a chapter in the Mahabharata. The really exciting stuff to do with science is in the Sutra-texts: Samkhya Karika(quantum metaphysics), Yogasutras(psychology), Nyayasutras(logic), Vedanta(non-dualist metaphysics) and the Vaiseshikasutras(physics) There exists entire volumes on medicine and surgery Charaka samhita and Sushratha samhita which covers areas as diverse as microbiology and brainsurgery.
There is also Chandashastra(binary logic, error checking codes and algorithms) and Panini's grammar(computer logic)

There is no doubt in my mind these are the remenants of an advanced pre-glacial civilisation.

I will u2u some of the best translations I have come across online.

[edit on 29-3-2009 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

Yes, let's rub our firends' back while on ats threads, rather than do any of our own thinking. You're Indigo_child's friened, and concur (apparently), with anything he says. That's how the ad-hominem attacks work best: two attacking character, when neither can support their premise adequately:

Ad-Hominem:

Ad hominem is one of the best known of the logical and systematic fallacies usually enumerated in introductory logic and critical thinking textbooks. Both the fallacy itself, and accusations of having committed it, are often brandished in actual discourse (see also Argument from fallacy). As a technique of rhetoric, it is powerful and used often because of the natural inclination of the human brain to recognize patterns.

The first premise is called a 'factual claim' and is the pivot point of much debate. The contention is referred to as an 'inferential claim' and represents the reasoning process. There are two types of inferential claim, explicit and implicit. The fallacy does not represent a valid form of reasoning because even if you accept both co-premises, that does not guarantee the truthfulness of the contention. This can also be thought of as the argument having an un-stated co-premise.

In this example, the un-stated co-premise "everything that A claims is false" has been included, and the argument is therefore now a valid one. However in the ad hominem fallacy the un-stated co-premise is always false, thereby maintaining the fallacy- just as wearing boots isn't a bad thing, yet many Nazis wore boots. Note that this does not imply that the contention "eugenics is a bad idea" is false, but merely that it is un-supported by the pattern of reasoning below it.
Attack the character

"As for the possiblity of benevolent Reptilians, this has been circumstantially suggested by The Lacerta Files, The Convoluted Universe Book Two (Cannon, 2005, pp. 272-300), and television shows like V: The Miniseries and Stargate SG-1 where fifth columinists worked within the ranks of negative aliens to subvert their control. If benevolent Reptilians exist, they would likely keep a very low profile." (Anon. comment)

this is an interesting read... and very well researched. However "Lacerta" contradicts herself.

She says, and I quote, "I'm interested to see how your species will react if you make the truth (which I will tell you now) public. I'm quite sure everyone of you will refuse to believe my words, but I hope I'm wrong, because you need to understand if you want to survive the coming years."

This indicates that she wishes the truth of her species, the history of the earth, the history of humanity etc to be public knowledge and know to all.

But then she says, and again, I quote: "You must understand, that I can't give you permission to make photos of me or of my equipment. This has various reasons, which I want not to discuss with you further, but one of the reasons is the keeping up of the secrecy of our existence,..."

This indicates that she DOES NOT want this information to go public.

So which is it? She wants us to know but she doesn't want us to know?

BS!!!

Lacerta Files BS

Some of it I found rather interesting - such as us being in the 7th incarnation of evolution. What I thought was interesting about that was that the architect in The Matrix sequels said the same thing about the wars with Zion. I wonder if that's where they got the inspiration for that parallel?
Lacerta Files BS

nim said...
somewhere between like 70-90% through The Holographic Universe (Talbot) I think (may be other source) there was this OBE/NDE:er who went through to the afterlife place? anyway, along with accounts of how he saw himself there there were these reptilian, dragonlike beings that came from within him? who told him about how they were the creators of mankind how they had designed us and our DNA or such (can't remember clearly). Then he or someone spoke of this with an indigenous shaman (was it a kahuna?) who purportedly laughed and said "they always say that".

Seems like to shamans it's both known of and nothing new.

Lacerta Files BS

Just because you choose to 'blindly accept' does not make the lacerta files authentic. Some info is, as said: based on metaphysics.

Read the last quoted sentence regardng the 'shamans' commnet.

You, Malcram, obviously a follower, know little of metaphysical Truth. Indigo_Child is stuck in the downside of metaphysical 'studies,' which he admitted in his posts to having obtained 'from book readings.' Great source of knowledge. He claim to be 'gifted with metaphysical knowledge.' Megalomania, imo. His 'knowledge' is certainly rudimentary, not 'gifted.'

And yes, higher insight exists then you two, and the lacerta reptialin, have touched upon. It's All Commonly Available, and well known to some with direct experience, not like the two of you.

Fact is, there are no authenticators, or proofs of forgery, so you may believe all you want. You both should take the Lacerta Files to CNN, and get them out to the world. We'll have a watch on our news channel.

BS, bogus contrivations. Great for storybook hour.

[SNIP]

personal attack removed

[edit on 29/3/09 by masqua]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
reply to

Thanks Macram. The irony with SSnaga is he knows it is a hoax, but how he knows it is as unfalsifiable as the files themselves, and infinitely lacking in support. That is he knows because he's met a shapeshifting reptile being himself and knows what is true because he has trascended the ordinary puny human mind? Funny.

You might wish to read the following, ad-hominem man. As you cast aspersions on my opinion's validity with your 'friends list' friend (macram), you are laughably gullible. You're the bullwinkle of metaphysics, apparently, ready to put down others with ad-hominem attacks because you have nothing inside your own mind, except book reading (minus the comprehension). Apparently, the shaman mentioned in my previous post quote, must also look upon himself as "above ordinary human minds," according to your disinfo logic. Anything you can't understand is false, and what you think you understand, is as true as santa claus & the easter bunny, because "you believe!"

[SNIP]

Transcending humaness is a reality, shows you how much metaphysics you know, or are capable of recognizing: it's called 'formlessness.' Buy a book.

Nor did I say I transcended the ordinary puny human mind (except yours, I certainly do). Read content, and remember: reading and comprehension go together, ok? Go ahead and give it a shot here!

[from Lacerta Files]
You remember this business of copper fusion? By means of the fluctuation at the right angle with the induced radiation field, copper is fused with other elements. (The illusion of matter is fused, the fields in the sphere of influence overlap each other, but the main force would be reflected by that process and would assume a quasi-bipolar character.) The resulting connection and the field would therefore not be stable in the normal condition of matter and unsuited for tasks. As a result, the entire field spectrum is shifted to a higher plasma-like condition, whereby the spectrum comes together with this harsh shifting to the opposite pole side —the word is NOT correct— of the force field and it resembles quite closely a gravitational shift. This shifting causes a "tilting" of the repulsing quasi-bipolar force, which now no longer flows to the interior of the force field, but rather flows partly to the exterior of the field. The result is an inter-stratifying reflective force field which is very difficult to modulate within certain technical boundaries in relation to its own characteristics. It can also carry out a multiplicity of tasks, as for example, causing massive flying objects to be levitated and maneuvered.

My issue is, this is conventional metaphysics, and can be followed in many systems of belief (by whatever name). Example:

"From the text of the Vimaanika Shastra it is apparent that mercury, copper, magets, electricity, crystals, gyros and other pivots, plus antennas, are all part of at least one kind of Vihmana. The recent resurgence in the esoteric and scientific [note by ss,naga: matches my physics-metaphysics] use of crystals is interesting in the context of the Vimannika Shastra. Crystals, mani in Sanskrit, are apparently as integral a part of the vimanas as they are today in a digital watch. It is interesting to note here that the familiar Tibetan prayer Om Mani Padme Om, is an invocation to the Crystal (or jewel) inside the Lotus (of the mind)."
("Vimana Aircraft of Ancient India & Atlantis," David H.. Childress)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/67d28623bcee.jpg[/atsimg]
Larger Picture

The metaphysical paradigm descriptions you interpret as Lacerta, are very commonly known, to any who have both studied & experienced as embodiment (synthesis of consciousness, leading to rotated Awareness). The concepts are consistent, as you noted, but not always correct, and notably corrupted in areas. For the most part, they resonate with principle. Does this mean a female reptilian was the only one to be able to demonstrate metaphysical Truth (Core Principle)? Hardly.

I see many rudimentary conceptualizations derived from the statements, but you also even admit to being 'well read' (sanskrit, etc.). The next step up in high-frequency awareness exists, and formlessness is not the least of these, allowing direct experiential spontaneous expansion of perception.

Spiritual Perception

This mystic art to penetrate
And see the hidden truth within
Is a spirit-soul perception
Of sacred holy origin.

No action of the human mind
Or intellectual reasoning
Can teach the truths of spirit spheres
To a worldly understanding.

(Tablets of AETH, T.H.Burgoyne)

By example, I have never put anyone on ignore, period. I call those who do, spiritual cowards, who hide their head in the sand when their self-reflection gets too strong for them.

You hypothesis [of me] is just that, a murky grey fog, inaccurately concocted, but suitable for those with closed belief systems that they call 'open.' I luv how you refer to yoruself as 'gifted' with this innate metaphysical-awareness 'ability,' like it was unique to specifically yourself. Being special ain't so special when it is covered in Uz like that. I guess that could be my anti-hypothesis. I've read your ideation, and find it laughable that you cannot see how obviously "derived" the larceta descriptions are.

The serpentine being and reptilians I've met, occurred in the 4th dimension [etheric~astral], not the physical 3rd, in full conscious awareness. This doesn't mean others haven't met physical reptilians; I believe they exist like we do. The papers indicate a contrived 'reptilian,' and if it isn't, it's an exceptionally limited one. Those concepts are part and parcel of Energetic Structural SoulSelf Principle, The WORD, as is well known to higher man. Hopefully you don't think they are too hard for the rest of 'us' to grasp:

I spoke with on person here on ats who said the knowledge he had available to him was 1000 yrs. in advance of man's understanding. I checked him on it: apparently (he admitted), he understood this knowledge already, but the rest of 'us' would have to wait the 1000 yrs. to catch up. His knowledge was simple metaphysics, not even inner-level stuff, though recondite enough to confuse most, like the larceta files material.

Surprisingly, there are many who not only have the grasp of these concepts, but even much further instinctual knowledge, accrued via their own higher awareness.

Think: why risk the exposure, when both sides might be turned to carrying potential vengeance vendettas, either from the reptilians, or human factions (for the female reptilian)? Because it is concoted, that's why, and not a problem. A vivid Intent to create a hoax-work, and to show off a good grasp of metaphysical inner awareness [principle] is the intent of the hoax...Naa, humans wouldn't do that!

I think anybody who believes the lacerta files were with an authentic physical alien reptilian is stretching it, because the work is all too human. I could have done a better job, even the OP might be able to...is that a stretch?

Those who tend to not know, might believe this hoax, because it has considerable complexity of content. Perception between false & real can be extremely difficult. Pointing the given flaws is necessary, rather than the blind leading the blind, causing a wave of ignorance hysteria. It's called guillibility, imo.

[edit on 29-3-2009 by SS,Naga]

personal attack removed

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SS,Naga
reply to post by Malcram

You're Indigo_child's friened, and concur (apparently), with anything he says. That's how the ad-hominem attacks work best: two attacking character, when neither can support their premise adequately:

That in itself is purely an ad hominem attack SS,Naga, as is the vast majority of your post. For that matter you have made ad hominem comments and derogatory remarks in almost every post in this thread so it's grossly hypocritical of you to play the martyr in that regard. I would go and collect a few examples if I did not think it would be patently obvious to anyone even glancing at this thread, as is the fact that your posts here were merely used as a showcase and prop for what you clearly consider to be your exalted metaphysical knowledge and wisdom. As far as I'm concerned, you have acted like a displaying peacock from your first post to your last. And I clearly did my own thinking as I explained and supported it at every step, to your evident displeasure.

Just because you choose to 'blindly accept' does not make the lacerta files authentic. Some info is, as said: based on metaphysics.

I didn't say I accepted that the Lacerta Files were authentic. I just don't accept that there is any proof of a hoax. Therefore I remain openminded, which is the more honest stance when "there is no proof, one way or the other", as you rightly noted.

Fact is, there are no authenticators, or proofs of forgery, so you may believe all you want

I don't 'believe'. I remain openminded. You don't. You declare it a hoax with "no authenticators, or proofs of forgery". That's the difference. Your position has no legitimate basis. I simply pointed that out.

you two work as tag-team disinfo agents

And yet we are not making any unsupported claims. You are. You want to declare something debunked without any proof whatsoever. I am pointing out that without any proof, you can't legitimately reach that conclusions and proclaim it as fact, to do so would be to, quite literally, spread disinformation.

[edit on 29-3-2009 by Malcram]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo_Child

Lacerta interview, if it is what it is then we humans must change our point of views. We should stop thinking that the universe gravitate towards us. we should start thinking the other way around. instead of asking why are "they"here, i think we should be asking them why are "we" here. Seemingly we humans are suffering from a mass amnesia. We dont seem to know where we come from.we treated the last 12000 years of our existence as legends and myths. and interviews/infos of this sort should give us some ideas.obviously they have data that would clear lots of questions our programmed human brains (or egos?) have been egging out since the birth of the internet.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

Fighting fire with fire, is what it's called. Few on ats understand what an ad-hominem attack is. I'm supposed to allow this, when even the mods don't recognize it, though they are supposed to? It boils down to the mods, ultimately. Fire with fire. I didn't start it, but I recognize it's efficacy. It's how arguments are falsely won.

And because I don't believe the lacerta files are a genuine interview with a female reptilian, and happen to know everything that is said in them are freely addressed by others on many sites/books, I can't indicate such?

I recognize contrivement when I see it: so did the shaman in the quote above. I have already stated the information is recondite, and one needs years of metaphysical knowledge, and some familiarity with the data available on the www, to make an educated opinion. Indigo derides any others who potentially have that knowledge...only he and 'his gifted metaphysical knowledge' say what limits human knowledge may attain.

More BS. Hilarious. Read it yourself in his posts. And then he attacks me as pretending to have 'superior' knowledge. He's a load of crap.

I admit I cannot prove the interviews are false, just in my opinion. Also, I state that the information 'related' in them are available from many sources.

You deride that because you don't (can't?) understand it, but that does not make it false.

That alone tells me it is a likely hoax, not to mention the charlatanish delivery of the 'deep knowledge.'

Poor indigo, thinks this is great, rare knowledge, because it's so real: "I know it is, I know it is;
I do believe, I do believe."

And yet, neither of you have enough knowing to ascertain the information is readily available in regards to metaphysical knowledge. I do not add include the reptilian's opinions and personal viewpoints, which are story color, and also laughable (imo).

I don't say you can't believe what you want: it's contrived, but lots of people can't see that; they also may still believe in santa and the easter bunny....do you?

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Ssgnaga,

I did not put you on the ignore list, I only told you I was going to ignore you, because you really have nothing of substance to say. [SNIP] Your behaviour is characteristic of a deluded new-age with a strong case of spiritual arrogance. Anyway, though I clearly speaking to someone who is mentally unstable, I will still try and reason with you.

I really do not understand why you are exploding at us([SNIP]) We have not said we believe the Lacerta files, only that it is not a hoax. If something is said to be unfalsifiable, it means it cannot be disproved, either it is true or it false, there is no way of knowing. I have not wavered from that position on the Lacerta files from the very start. I have indeed announced that I am inclined to believe, and supported this with reasons why I am inclined, but I am not making any claims that they are true.

Nor have I claimed I have some innate gift for metaphysics. How can it be innate, if I say I have gained all my knowledge from reading?
I find your criticism that my knowledge is “book reading” and thus inferior amusing, how else am I suppose to gain knowledge? Oh, I see, directly from 4th dimensional contact with reptile beings like you have?

You seem to be exhibiting spiritual jealousy. You keep grinding your axe against Lacerta and me for pretending to have such high knowledge of metaphysics, but you obviously know better than us. However, though Lacerta has given a very detailed explanation of her physics and Metaphysics, and I have shown my “inferior” book-knowledge of Sanskrit metaphysics and Quantum mechanics, you have not shown anything. Other than shouting out meaningless drivel like, “Energetic Structural SoulSelf Principle, The WORD” and “high-frequency awareness” “5th density etheric matter” What does that mean? They are not even your own words. They are the usual drivel terminology found in quack-new-age books, that quack-new-agers buy and then parrot as if it is meaningful.

Look apparently you have a far better understanding of advanced metaphysics than the Sanskrit metaphysicians, Quantum physicists and Lacerta. In which case share it with us and enlighten us oh enlightened one. But something makes me think you can’t, because I think you’re mentally frustrated, you seem to believe you have an advanced grasp on these subjects, but in reality you know nothing beyond the new-age drivel you’ve been exposed to. Hence, when you are exposed to genuine metaphysics, you flip. Like in this thread. I am willing to wager most of your etheric experiences are just self-created fantasies.

There is one point you made which is semi-constructive. You say that all this knowledge already exists. Yes, but it exists as highly scattered. There bits and pieces in QM, bits and pieces in String theory, bits and pieces in Sanskrit metaphysics, but what Lacerta presents is a highly coherent, internally consistent account, which integrates all these scattered pieces into a far greater whole and is able to explain many missing links, which none of the parts have done.

The example you gave of the Childress account of Vimanas mentioning the use of copper, crystals etc may have been where the possible author got the copper idea from, but what you fail to mention the Childress account does not actually mention copper but mercury as the main propulsion systems, there is no special use of copper other than for electric coil(nothing new there_. Moreover, the propulsion system Childress describes is a thrust-engine system, the propulsion system Lacerta describes is a field-disruption system which uses copper in a special fusion reaction with another element to create a field disruption and a gravitational shift due to the reversal of the gravitational polarity which results in the matter-level condition become unstable and it shifting level. None of these concepts are inherent in Childress. In fact I have not seen this concept anywhere. Not in theoretical physics; not in science fiction.

Lacerta presents an entirely new kind of metaphysics, internally consistent and logical. Even creating her own terms, “observer-dependent-reflective behaviour of the universal force” Creating an entire metaphysical system that explain physics and reality is not childsplay. It require tremendous knowledge, lots of thought and synthesis. The links with the Sanskrit metaphysics may only be coincidental, two different systems which have discovered the same truths, without being connected.

Stop being so aggressive and unduly hostile. You are just giving us the impression that you are not mentally all there, and this will cause people to ignore you. If you have something constructive to say, perhaps you could link us to the possible source materials the possible author of Lacerta consulted. If not, don’t waste space in this thread.

Personal attacks removed

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The personal attacks stop here.

Please concentrate on the topic and refrain from attempting psycho-analysis on each other.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo_Child

[SNIP] Calling someone mentally unstable is a low-form of response, kinda like saying, "you should see a psychiatrist," which is supposed to be uncivil behavior here on ats. It's an old ploy, and considered puerile. When you can't expound, insult? I call that mentally unstable.

You exemplify your own insults, and have demonstrated it by your rigid viewpoint regarding lacerta.

I enjoy your luv of your own delusions: Here's an opposing view:

1) Refutation by Stewart Swerdlow, author of "Montauk - the Alien Connection," and reptilian experiencer.

Post #8
Hi there William and Richard,

The Lacerta Files have largely been doctored.

Yes many Draconian Reptilians have been captured by the One World Government and Illuminati and are kept at Deep Underground Military Bases in America however the Lacerta Files do have some half truths but almost all of it is faked information.

No Draconian Reptilian would converse with a Human unless they were very high up in the One World Government and were totally under Illuminati control and were doing their bidding.

Alot of the information in the Lacerta Files can be gleened from other sources anyway.

Take care.
hyperspace cafe (thread)

You might read the first post in the thread: his refutation is considerably more knowledgeable than yours. I guess everyone who don't agree with you is mentally unstable and needs a doctor, eh? Perhaps: Doctor Indigo (child)!

Sounds to me like you're the real know-it-all around here; clamp your viewpoint (belief system) shut, and plow on like a blind bull. Real enlightenment, yes?

You're a real hand at this, I see. This happens to be a place where the premise is 'Deny Ignorance.' You cannot claim all Right Truth belongs to you, and expect us to sit here and read your drivel without response.

Do read post #1 in the thread link given above. It might shock you to think there's somebody else out there that thinks like myself.

Personal attack removed

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SS,Naga

Alright, I am going to ignore all your personal attacks, and instead ask you to produce evidence of those sources the supposed author of the Lacerta files consulted to produce them.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

reply to post by Malcram

Fighting fire with fire, is what it's called. Few on ats understand what an ad-hominem attack is. I'm supposed to allow this...I didn't start it, but I recognize it's efficacy. It's how arguments are falsely won.

Actually, you did start it. Perhaps you are so accustomed to being bombastic, disparaging and rude that you dont even know when you are doing it. Such as:

"Someone with a philosophy background (you know who you are, "I") should know this stuff inside-out, instead of saying, "Golly geewhiz, I wonder if the Lacerta Reptilian
female is on the up-n-up!?" (and then defending it)".

"I told you geniuses.."

"First, you exemplify ignorance.."

"You are arguing against superior Truth, attempting to placate your ignorance"

And dozens of other sarcastic and belittling comments.

Only after several such disparaging posts - devoid of actual proof of a hoax but laden with assertions of it - did Indigo take you to task over it and say he would ignore you (hardly surprising). So please don't play the martyr.

And because I don't believe the lacerta files are a genuine interview with a female reptilian, and happen to know everything that is said in them are freely addressed by others on many sites/books, I can't indicate such?

No, you aren't listening. You can believe what you like, you can indicate what you like but if you make unsupported claims at ATS you will be called on it. You admit you have no proof of a hoax, yet you claim to "know" it is a hoax and proclaim that as a fact. That's disinfo.

I have already stated the information is recondite, and one needs years of metaphysical knowledge, and some familiarity with the data available on the www, to make an educated opinion. Indigo derides any others who potentially have that knowledge...only he and 'his gifted metaphysical knowledge' say what limits human knowledge may attain.

Your opinion is interesting but doesn't establish fact. This is something you seem to have trouble understanding. And Indigo said nothing of the sort. He simply won't accept your opinion as proof - no one should - and that riles you.

He's a load of crap.

I see.

I admit I cannot prove the interviews are false, just in my opinion

Then stop proclaiming it to be a fact that it is a hoax and accept that at ATS your opinion, while interesting, doesn't amount to very much at all if there's no proof.

Also, I state that the information 'related' in them are available from many sources

As does Indigo, in fact he points to some of them. I can't understand why you 1) keep accusing him of claiming it was knowledge exclusively revealed in the Lacerta files 2) And even if he did - which he didn't - why that would rile you so much.

You deride that because you don't (can't?) understand it, but that does not make it false.

I don't deride it. I just pointed out it was without proof.

Poor indigo, thinks this is great, rare knowledge, because it's so real: "I know it is, I know it is; I do believe, I do believe."

One of your main problems is you don't listen. Both indigo and myself have stated that we don't 'believe'. We remain open-minded, that's all. You want to declare it debunked. You can't. Because it isn't.

Edited to add. I only saw the Mods request to get back to the topic after posting this. Which I'm more than happy to do.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
My 'derisive' statements are what I perceived, not ad-hominem. When I said, 'you geniuses,' I gave no name: it meant everybody who believes this nonsense to have taken place.

Do be kind enough to read my Steven Swerdlow thread-link.

You see, it gives another viewpoint similar to mine, and it is not attacked by a close-minded person: "I do believe."

Stop saying inidgo don't: he's stated he thinks the lacerta files are authentic...can you even read, or did you gloss over that for convenient comfort?

Deny ignornace, indeed. You may not entirely believe, but the other person has stated he believes ('tend to believe' is the same).

As a matter of fact, if you've read (?), I've done a thread on the Lacerta Files (elsewhere). The author appears to be a real person...read my post above. The guys a menace, imo. Read the quote I gave in my previous post: Now, that rings true...I wouldn't even attempt to deny the intelligence of the statement, that the reptilians would never 'give an interview to an outside person.' They'd tear the reptilian to shred, imo.

And I see you don't understand what ad-hominem is. I can call ignorance and dumbass all day, and it not come under the swipe of ad-hominem. A lot of forums are very forgiving of cussing, also. Apparently, even here. No, I did not start it, except in the context of exposing ignorance. I guess that would rile anybody, being called ignorant. Soemthing we've all experiecned, I'm sure, on forums.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

OK, SS, Naga, lets get back to simply dealing with the facts. Your claim is that Indigo is stating that the Lacaerta Files are authentic. If he did, I missed it and you'll forgive me if I don't take your word for it. So perhaps you can do as I've done and provide a quote where he made this claim.

"Tend to believe" doesn't cut it (if indeed he said that) as it's very tentative and personal and not at all the equivalent of your repeated bold statement that "It is a hoax".

Also, why don't we just ask Indigo to briefly clarify exactly what he is claiming or not claiming about the Lacerta Files, then we'll know for sure and won't have to rely on our own interpretation of debatable phrases in previous posts. OK?

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Second attempt at putting out the flame fest.

I've reviewed the entire thread, edited out a few personal insults and now expect decorum while you debate the files and NOT EACH OTHER.

Thank you

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SS,Naga

Stop saying inidgo don't: he's stated he thinks the lacerta files are authentic...can you even read, or did you gloss over that for convenient comfort?

An easy way to prove this. Just quote me where I said that

I am still waiting for these sources the supposed author of the Lacerta files consulted. Are you going to do anything constructive in this thread, or just "cuss"?

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
So, has anyone been able to figure out whether or not this ludicrous looking video is real or not? Oh, they haven't and there is a personal squabble going on? I'd never expect that to happen here at all...

Anyways, as an aside: Why is it that ET "believers" always depict very humanoid looking aliens? Take the "grays" and "reptilians" for example. They all follow the standard human body-plan. Why?

Every biological model, hypothesis and concept of evolution goes against this idea in every way. Science suggests that alien life would be extraordinarily exotic as well as profoundly bizarre by our standards.

Considering the innumerable types of chemical and atmospheric conditions that life can evolve in, it's absurd to think that any of it would even remotely resemble something from earth. Even the strange deep ocean life here would probably look familiar compared to what would come out of an alien biosphere.

Intelligent xenobiology would then be even more bizarre. Imagine a system of Von Neuman Probes imbued with the AI developed from an advanced alien civilization. Would we even begin to know what we were looking at?

Also, how about some realistic alien technology for once while we're at it?

Imagine life having evolved on a very small, low-gravity Titan-like world for example. Their biology would be based on something like liquid hydrocarbons, fullerenes, ammonia and nitrogen. The biosphere could be reliant on energy rich polymers in the upper atmosphere filtering down to various hunter-gatherer lifeforms. Their entire process of life would be EXTREMELY slow and they would live for extravagantly long periods of time making sub-relativistic journeys across space not much of a problem as little changes in regard to their perception. Reason would show that their technology would be based on low-temperature life feeding on Titan-like or Kuiper-belt environments and growing the necessary structures out of polymers, ice and frozen gas.

In lay-man's terms: Some VERY weird looking stuff.

It would also mean that their technology couldn't even exist without being destroyed in an earth-like atmosphere. In fact, building structures on airless, moon-like bodies would be preferable. Their various ships would have to be custom made for every single environment they intended to visit.

And this is ONE example out of possible billions.

So what I am basically trying to say is this...

Even some of the most fundamental and basic assumptions inerrant in Ufology are completely wrong. Their fundamental alien archetype is an absolute joke and is just a cheap parody of human design.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LogicalResponse

Have you cross-posted?

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Have you cross-posted?

No, I am referring to an article about the alleged reptilian from earlier in the thread.

My main question revolves around why reptilians and grays are regularly depicted as humanoid.

I doubt alien life would resemble anything from earth even remotely. I find all of it very odd if it's supposed to be taken seriously or is to represent an intelligent alien lifeform.

EDIT: I'm thinking about making a new thread altogether. I've just introduced a very large topic.

[edit on 3/29/2009 by LogicalResponse]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogicalResponse
So, has anyone been able to figure out whether or not this ludicrous looking video is real or not?

What video? I don't think there is a video in this thread.

PS. I shall resist the urge to reply to your other post here LR, as I think, although related, it's not strictly on topic. But I do hope you start that thread.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Well, because there maybe certain universal archetypes on the kind of bodies that can be evolved, and humanoid might be one of them. Remember, evolution isn't a random process, there are certain principles operating behind the process of mutation which so far in science are unknown. Note, that a technological species will need to evolve the ability to manipulate tools and be able to stand up and stabalize their weight. What they evolve needs to have some kind of biological function. So while theoretically one could imagine a species with 10 eyes, biologically there may be no function for 10 eyes and thus 10 eyes would not evolve.

Lacerta's description of the evolution of her species is based on the conditions her species evolves in.

Again I need to stress none of our sciences are complete: whether that is physics or biology. We cannot say whether humanoid forms are rare or common. So if reports of ET's are mostly humanoid we cannot have any valid objection to them being humanoid.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join