It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus - The Imaginary Friend

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Do you really think it all began with a Jewish wonder worker? Prepare to be enlightened.

How the Godman was made and remade
The image of historys greatest superhero has morphed from Greek god to Roman politician. During the 2nd and 3rd centuries Greek sage and Jewish scribe, pagan hierophant and Egyptian priest, all contributed to the fabulous 'Christian' legend. The common hope was for an afterlife, no longer just for the elite but for all.

Apollo (aka Helios, Phoebus), sun-god on his daily ride across the sky.

Like Horus before him and Christ after him, he was the Light of the World.

Apollo was also the god of healing, so sick people prayed to him.

Apollo was also, son of the Big Guy – who in those days went by the name of Zeus!

Little confusion going on with christians I think?

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I like others may find your title of this thread offensive. Just because you are not a believer, you should not try to e so offensive.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

I am not a christian but I would like to ask if there is any evidence that Apollo or Horus existed?
I am ignorant here...just asking.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Just because you believe something does not mean the other side should not be heard. Some may find parts of the bible offensive, that doesn't mean it gets taken out.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
You're not saying anything that hasn't been said dozens of times, but you're just trying to be more offensive about it.

Change your title and then go write on some thread that has information to back up it up. That's a lot better than making a crud post like this one.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
yeah that is a pretty weak start ot a thread.

i don't believe in your general christian theory but i really don't have a huge problem with religion either. i think people just like to get together and throw money away while singing songs and whatnot. it's not such a big deal.

this is all richard dawkins' fault. he tried to put a stamp on religion and promote atheism as if it's some sort of moral duty.

if you can stand the boredom of reading the god delusion (i made it halfway) you'll notice that richard never once promotes the downside of science in comparison to religion. he's extremely biased and a very, very boring writer.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
I like others may find your title of this thread offensive. Just because you are not a believer, you should not try to e so offensive.

I like others may find your comment ignorant. Just because you are not open-minded, you should not try to be so offensive.

Greetings

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Jesus was not imaginary, but I suppose if I were an atheist I would go to great lengths to convince myself that He was, knowing I was willingly rejecting the love and salvation of the kindest dearest thing that ever walked the face of this earth.

But maybe you find comfort in the image and rantings of Madalyn Murray O'Hair. Hey, to each his own. To each his own.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Maybe Apollo and Jesus are one in the same. They just came in different forms to fit into that paricular time period and generation of people. I also think Buddha and Jesus are one in the same too. He would have to come back in many forms (resurrection) to spread his word to all the people on earth.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by tide88]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I think theres just as much evidence of god, and jesus.
And im not picking here.
Books, Movies, Fables,Stories, etc

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by guinnessford

I am asking my question because of zeitgeist the movie.
I don't want to just take what he says without a little bit of evidence.
I am not for or against in this thread so much as I just want to know if there is any evidence that even those guys existed...why concentrate on Jesus when supposedly he wasn't the first?
So again I ask is there evidence that apollo existed or evidence that horus existed.
I just want my question answered so I would rather keep god and jesus out of this and focus on my question.
I think it is relevant to the op.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Hi,

1) Is there a conspiracy angle here or are you just using this as a bully pulpit to espouse your atheistic beliefs?

2) Is there any reason why you didn't instead add to any one of a dozen other threads in this forum that say exactly what you are saying here, only more articulately and with better argumentative?

Eric

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
It is very relevant, thats why i say im not picking.
Im just saying the only proof of either of them is close to the same,
Although god and jesus seem to have a larger following.
Zeitgeist was along the lines of all of them being confused for each other , wasnt it?
horus, jesus, and such?

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

My take on zietgeist was they were trying to discredit jesus by claiming horus and all the others did the same thing as he did so therefore jesus was a lie and irrelevant.
In my opinion if people are going to take zietgiests view then why not ask if horus was real or if the others even existed because from where my ignorant ass is sitting its not answering questions as much as its making me ask more questions.
I have no hostility towards you and its ok I realize you are not picking.
I kinda think if we are even going to talk about jesus in the context of the op then I want to ask if theres any evidence that horus and the others even existed.
I am trying to stay neutral but see this thread can go anywhere as its a touchy subject.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I've never seen Zeitgeist, but from what I've heard, it's been thoroughly debunked...
However, there are several gods who have obvious similarities to Jesus...
Meh... not that it really matters...
To me, Jesus is no more or less imaginary than Zeus.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
I am trying to stay neutral but see this thread can go anywhere as its a touchy subject.

These great believers aren't as great as they appear to be. If I was so firm in my belief, nothing could shake my ground. No matter how many people would disagree with me or tell me that I am full of #, nothing would change my belief.

But these great believers aren't great believers. They are little scared sheeple who are scared of losing their little beloved belief systems. A belief is great, because a belief is usually to make someone feel good. But nowadays, the beliefs are not to make someone feel good, but to keep them imprisoned and then they lose the ability to think for themselves. It is a paradox in a way, because what bogs people down, shackles them to a wall of ignorance is exactly what these believers come to love and admire.

It is not bad to believe in something, but when it impedes your way of thinking, or if it becomes such a touchy subject as you said and thus people become incapable of asking questions or questioning something, then it should make everyone think …

… but not many people can truly think for themselves. And so it remains a touchy subject …

Greetings

ps: once again, it is not about being "true" or "false", it is always a matter of facing one's own limitational thinking and way of questioning.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by TheWriter]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The "story" of Horus dates 3000 BC (the first Jesus I know of).

Then recreated many times, the one most popular to day is Marks version, before Mark there was Paul. But from what I know every version started with Horus in Egypt.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by R3KR]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWriter

Ah crap...Now I have to defend them??
I only disagree with you because slandering anothers personal beliefs makes you look like the imprisoned sheep.
I can't believe I had to defend religion...I want to puke.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
apollo is in the book of revelation, 9th chapter. he's known as apollyon, the destroyer. he's the leader of the things coming out of the bottomless pit. he's not jesus.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by TheWriter

Ah crap...Now I have to defend them??
I only disagree with you because slandering anothers personal beliefs makes you look like the imprisoned sheep.
I can't believe I had to defend religion...I want to puke.

It is ok to puke, if it makes you feel better it serves its purpose.

I would appreciate it though, if you could quote me in context please or quote my entire posting that is even better.

Greetings

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join