It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus - The Imaginary Friend

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
It goes even deeper than that.

Most "sun gods," for the most part, represent the penis. "Sunlight" and "sunshine" warm the Earth, thereby allowing the streams to flow, and producing life.

Jesus was God's "begotten" son. χριστοσ in Greek means "annointed one." Annointing, unction, and oil all have the same symbolism as "sunlight." Think about it.

In John 3:16, the word for "faith" is "πιστευων" which sounds like "pissed on" or "piece down."

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. 10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

-- Romans 8:9-11

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I agree, i think its gonna go in circles, and get very hot in here.
On my way out the door, id like to ask how do we know anything was real that we dont have physical evidence to?
Such as, how do we know that Rome fell the way they say it did?
All we have is books, and writings.
Or Columbus landing where he did, Again, books and writings.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by guinnessford
I agree, i think its gonna go in circles, and get very hot in here.
On my way out the door, id like to ask how do we know anything was real that we dont have physical evidence to?
Such as, how do we know that Rome fell the way they say it did?
All we have is books, and writings.
Or Columbus landing where he did, Again, books and writings.

True. What do we really "know" at all? Information usually comes from various sources in other words from someone else.

Is something necessarily true because it is written in a book? NO.
Is something necessarily true because it was taught at school? NO.
Is something necessarily true because … NO.

Nothing is necessarily true because someone says something in speech or writing.

Greetings

PS: I am going to bed. The last one turns off the light please. lol

[edit on 24-3-2009 by TheWriter]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWriter

Conclusion, we all know nothing.
*click*

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
How must it feel to be a non believer and yet live in a world where 80% of the worlds population going back thousands of years believe in God. I guess humanity at any given point in time only has less than 20% of it's population living with a sane mind. lol

I'm a Christian and it makes no difference what others think of me. I'm confident in my beliefs, secure in it's clarity and at peace with my faith.

Blessings!

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Hey, youre in the dark! (no pun intended, i turned off the light!)
Im a non beleiver, but i attend a christian church where alot of my friends attend.
And i bowl on the church league too.
And just because im a non beleiver, i dont bash, or accuse, or even try to change anyone, im not that way.
I am full of questions, and will engage in a religious convo at any time.
Not all non beleivers are athiests, and blah blah.
Can i positively say theres a god, or jesus?
No.
Can i positively say there isnt a god or jesus?
No.
I dont think all people are as open about it as me, some are extremely "no god", and others are very into "jesus and god are the only reason you exist"
Wich end of the spectrum do you fall into?
Or i guess i shouldnt say "end", because there is a middle.
So ill rephrase, what "part" of the spectrum do you represent, Kinglizard?

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

The idea you ask that question is why he was right in saying he doesn't care about what people think.Why would where he is matter to you that much?
There shouldn't be questions of others beliefs so much as asking why,which is why I can see eye to eye to you as well.
Others beliefs shouldn't be questioned so much as lets ask a few questions with no ill intent and find answers.
Sorry to go off topic.
Excuse me I am having a frosty beverage so last post of the evening.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

At different points in my life:

1) Strict Roman Catholic

2) Agnostic

3) Atheist

4) Buddhist (sorta kinda)

5) Christian

I believe we have the term of our life to find and accept the salvation offered by Jesus. I cannot attack a current day atheist or I attack the me of 15 years ago. I cannot attack a Roman Catholic or I attack the me of 30 years ago. I found Christ and have my faith after a very long term evolution of self.

I will not attack those that do not believe....many of them will be the believers of tomorrow just like me. We all have different things to go through and experience in life, and most of them lead to Jesus/God and his gift of salvation....IMO.

[edit on 3/24/2009 by kinglizard]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I not asking for any purpose but to see what his beleifs are to see if anything is in common to the church i attend, and a general knowledge, nothing viscious.
If you dont know me, by my posts or talking with me, im a very docile and peaceful person. until. and that takes alot.
So, what im saying is its only to know more about him, not his religion.
And i gave him as much of my religious background as possible, not a "who the hell are you" type of deal.
Im being open and trying to see if the other person im conversing with will do the same.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Ok I lied,One more.
To me there is a concept of this.
People behave based on the experiences they have had.
Everybody doesn't have the same experiences.
Be what you are and handle death the same way everybody else has to.
Ok getting tipsy...I am gone.
Have a good night people.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I was a born again christian at an early point of my life, and it was kind of pushed on me, and i think that may be why i backpedaled and ask so many questions about it now.
And i wouldnt doubt maybe going back into the church if things were right for me.
But itll all have to be right, the feeling, the time, etc.
As im sure it wasnt just a whim for you, its a big life decision, that takes alot.
and maybe thats why im inclined to ask you so much, who knows.
By the way, i hope im not putting you on the spot or anything, or making you uncomfortable, thats not my intention at all, more of a learning thing.
The early part of my life that was in the church, i didnt get taught much about god, or jesus, it was "do this and go to heaven" type of deal.
Speaking in tongues, feeling the "flow" of the river, the whole experience.
And maybe thats another reason why i ask so much, because alot was left out then?
Ok, im getting off the shrinks couch now!

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by guinnessford

Your questions don't make me uncomfortable in the least Bud.

We have a few similarities in our early life dealing with religion. I too felt pushed into Religion....specifically the Roman Catholic church. I grew-up in Catholic parochial school wearing a uniform and being taught by Priests and Nuns. We prayed 6 times a day and went to church on school grounds all the time. I felt bullied when I was old enough to question things. That experience pushed me away from the Catholic church and ultimately away from God.

It took me some 30 years to find my faith again.

I'm not saying Catholic parochial school is bad for everyone, I know I benefited from it in many aspects of life but looking back I feel like it ended up pushing me away from my faith....at least that's where I assign the blame be it right or wrong....maybe I'm just not taking responsibility for that, I don't know.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Yes, aome things are made for others.
Thats why i never ridicule, or poke fun at anyones beleifs.
If there is a god and jesus, or gods, im sure ill be forgiven for the amount of time i was awy.
If i feel its right to go back.
And alot of people i met were pushed away at early ages.
I think its something you shouldnt have to make a decision completely about until you can understand things a little better.
And most of the better conversations ive had on this subject, either convincing me, or making me wonder more about it have been from people like you or I, that have been pushed in and out at early ages.
Do you think that affected the way you thought about a higher being at an early age?
I know it changed the way you felt, but when you left the church, did you find yourself thinking "Thers a god up there, but im not religoius", or were you completely gone from that line of thought?

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

If I really analyze it I would say that when a young boy starts to grow up he may rebel a bit. I'm really hard headed and when someone tells me I must believe this and must think that I will affix my footing and push back...to the point where it's detrimental to my person. To this day I have a problem with my temper.

In this Catholic school when you got to a certain grade you couldn't walk dawn the grade school hallway to the library anymore, you had to go around. One day I decided I would walk down this hallway past the younger classrooms and a teacher caught me. I was so angry I started storming towards her. She got scared and said I was possessed and all this other stuff. Yes I had a little boy temper but being accused of being possessed really stung me to the core.

When I was 17 I lost my faith...I stopped believing in God altogether...after all I had no proof. As the years rolled by I explored all sorts of beliefs and ultimately went back to not believing or believing there was no way for us to know.

Then I opened my heart during a difficult time in my life and found God. Several years later I had my Near Death Experience (clickible link in my signature) and it most certainly removed all doubt.

Do you feel like you could open up to the possibility of there being a God? You seem to be somewhat open. I know it's difficult to just say okay, I don't require modern day scientific proof, I will just open myself up and walk in faith.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Yeah. im open to there being a god, if i wasnt, im sure this talk wouldve ended a while ago.
And i beleive the rebel boy thing fits, maybe both of us.
Ive never really turned the idea of a higher power off.
but the doubts come alot.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I came to the point where I said to myself "I have doubts, but I'm going to believe and have faith anyway". Every time a doubt came to mind I put it to the side and hung onto faith and continued forward. I think doubt is a part of faith...but faith needs to override it. If doubt was not part of faith you wouldn't need faith.

Edit: in other words faith is defined by looking past the doubt....you may still have it but you look past and continue in your faith. It may be something you need to do on a daily basis.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I'm not trying to be offensive I'm just using free speech here. If you don't agree with me that's totally fine with me.

I'm just saying there were so many Jesus's that any one of them could have been mistaken.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   

And thats what i have thie biggest problem with.
I cant get myself to put faith in something, or someone i havent seen, or met.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Yeah that's difficult initially. I found that after I accepted and nourished my faith I started to see God in many things and started to see change in myself. At some point in your life you may find that the act of walking in faith (even if you question it) may open doors you didn't think were there. Don't expect visions and music but look for the little things with your mind on God.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I'd just like to say my family never attended church so I never had religion pushed on me. Oh my mom, she said the same, and I do mean the same, lilttle prayer every single night when we went to bed: she would raise her hands up and say, as we said along with her: Father Mother God loving me, gaurd me while I sleep and guide my little feet up to thee. Well my little feet were about a size 9 when she quit saying the prayer, lol. Anyhow, I went on with life, had a very very fun teen life, then as an adult I decided to start searching for a truth if there were a truth and I found Jesus that way. I can understand how kids who had church forced on them or were punished by religious school teachers might have a problem and I feel sorry for them.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join