It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Personal Ramblings and My Valuable Time.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
OK. I don't wish to hurt the feelings of potential "Da Vinci's" or "Hawkings", but I have a problem with members that are clogging up the boards with any old idea that comes into their heads.

Again, not to be mean, but when I visit this site, I am not interested in an "idea" somebody had about "What if Face-Huggers were real?".

Honestly. I believe the majority of us are here to read and post about phenomenon, events and established views of phenomenon and events.

Threads should be separated in a manner where subjects stemming from a person, just throwing some inane thought out there, will be kept away from threads that delve into existing subject matter.

I am not going to put too much thought into the organization of, or parameters for such a separation. I leave that to you.

But, it annoys me when I am bombarded by threads like the following:

1. A thread appearing to be a current event, alternate news or discussions of phenomenon and events, only to find out it is just some bored guy, home alone, drinking a few beers, and creating a thread detailing his theory of:

1. "running his car on human poop"
or
2. "I am Seymor Butz, an Alien from Beta 5, and I'm here to answer your questions"
or
3. "Could the movie "Dude, where's My Car?" actually be a message from the future?"

I mean, come on. There should be some kind of standard in place.
Call me a snob, but, I'm not interested in an idea some guy just had that connects farts with string theory, or fantasies of the "hopelessly bored".

Save me.

Love always,

Sumner Kagan

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I dont think this entire website is catered to only your wants and needs.Simple Solution is not to read the thread,and im sure if there was some T&C violation,or enough people reported the particular thread the mods would step in.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SumnerKagan

One man's trash is another man's treasure....

If you don't like it, don't click on it. Also, if you do click on it and think there is a problem with it, then you can always hit the "alert" button and alert the staff to your concerns.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I suppose there is always the ignore button.

Second line.

Mod Edit: Saying "second line" doesn't make it any less of a 1-liner.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
We all have different interests and idea's, and yes I find some threads and theories a little "out there" myself.

However, I would never want to be the arbiter of what is a good idea for discussion.

Just because I don't like some subjects, doesn't mean others aren't interested in them.

I personally disliked all that stuff last year about blossom goodchild and the galactic federation of light - others loved it and some of the discussions were really interesting and intense.

Having said that, I come here to learn (amongst other reasons) and even learning a bit about human nature or what others find interesting fulfills that.

Simple answer - no-one forces anyone to click on a thread, and there's always the "recent posts" button up top to help sort your wheat from your chaff, or indeed you can customise this, as you can with "myATS"

[edit on 24/3/2009 by budski]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
i would have to agree with budski, OP. i was having a nice conversation with someone who believes in nibiru. all the sudden they start talkin about astral travel and what not. now i've lost interest, i can't debate astral travel....so instead of getting angry or what have you, i'm just not gonna respond. no big deal. there's room for all interests.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I'm sure at the time nobody wanted to hear about a key tied to a kite in a thunderstorm, or about an apple falling from a tree.
Both are now scientific and historical FACT.
Don't discount anything.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Honestly. I believe the majority of us are here to read and post about phenomenon, events and established views of phenomenon and events.

IMHO, this implies that you're only interested in discussions with others who share your own views, which is fine. What I'm saying is that the nature of a "phenomenon or event" may very well be established in different ways for individuals of differening viewpoints.

I mean, for example, I am pretty sure that for the Bush administration it was established at least in their minds that they were doing a great job. However that fact may not have been established in the minds of others outside of said group of like-minded individuals.

Indeed it seems to me that for any discussion about the nature of "phenomenon and events" there must be an assortment of viewpoints, and hence a fundamental lack of agreement as to precisely what is established and what is not established.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Is there a link to the guy who runs his car on poop? Because I for one would read that. Finding ways to both fuel the world and decrease the need to process human waste could be intensely interesting.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Obviously, none of you have been annoyed by misleading thread titles, thread-spam or threads that profess to show "confirmation" or "evidence" concerning subjects of interest, etc, only to find that it contains no such thing.

Even if there are those of you who enjoy it, play in it or don't care, Uneducated Theory, Fantasy and "Just Screwing Around" should be kept away from threads that are dealing with "real" News, "real" facts and observed subject matter.

It's nothing personal.

To me, it's like watching the news, and having them report on current events in the world of "Family Guy".

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Of course, we've been annoyed.

But, that hasn't led us to call for their total removal from the board.

If you have a problem, that is what the "ALERT" button is for.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

I agree. A car running on poop and a system for making it work could really help the world.
I'm not being sarcastic, I'm being serious. At this point almost anything is better than oil.

So, maybe you think it's dumb and a waste. But some people think those threads are worthwhile. Everyone has a voice, that's the idea.

And yes, it bothers me, but what if some members didn't like the evidence or ideas that you provided?

[edit on 3/24/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I think Forest Gump put it best...

My momma always said, "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

'nuff said, really.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1

Of course, we've been annoyed.

But, that hasn't led us to call for their total removal from the board.

If you have a problem, that is what the "ALERT" button is for.

Actually, I'm calling to have the posters removed along with the threads.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Well, that's not gonna happen.

Everyone is welcome here until they break the T&Cs, get out of line, or purposefully get themselves booted. We just have to learn to tolerate them and work around them if we don't like what they have to say. They have as much right to be here as we do.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

The answer is in your hands. Change the channel with the remote or in this case a mouse. It's like Cable TV in that I don't ever watch most of the channels I get. Instead I choose what I want to watch and watch that. Others like things I don't like and watch other things. There are plenty of topics to suit anyone's tastes and like I said, the answer is in your hands. Change the channel.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1

Well, that's not gonna happen.

Everyone is welcome here until they break the T&Cs, get out of line, or purposefully get themselves booted. We just have to learn to tolerate them and work around them if we don't like what they have to say. They have as much right to be here as we do.

In some cases, I believe Darwin would disagree.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

You know that you got the right to decide what threads you are gonna look onto to? So if a Thread starts with a "Im Zetaretilica something" you shouldnt properly read it and jump forward to next thread.

Best regards.

Loke.

Ps.

Like you i also have a hard time about people like you who comes on this site to tell others what Threads are ok and not..

[edit on 24-3-2009 by Loke.]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I totally agree with you OP as a matter of fact I was just annoyed a few moments ago when I clicked on the thread Your Personal Ramblings and My Valuable Time. and had my time wasted by a rambler going on and on about wasting time...oh wait - that was THIS thread.

Nevermind!

OK-OK Iam just kidding

Dorian Soran

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Frankly, I'm having this problem with the entire internet. Every time I sign on, there's all of this information that I'm not interested in. I mean, I think it's a bit much to ask me to actually decide whether or not I want to read something. After all. This is 2009. Shouldn't everyone be interested in the exact same things as me? Nothing more, nothing less. And what's with the news? I don't know how many times I have to shout at my monitor that I don't care about the stock market. It never listens, the market's always somewhere in the headlines. The nerve of those people...

Really?

I'm sure you could save a ton of your valuable time by not clicking on topics that you're not interested in reading.

That's one of the best things about this format. You don't have to read what you don't want to.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join