It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Personal Ramblings and My Valuable Time.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SumnerKagan

You do know you have a choice right? You know about free-will and all that?

Personally I get fed up with threads reporting "facts" and "evidence" that turns out to be just another YT video of another whack-job with no evidence or proof to offer.

But I comment to that effect and move on. Or comment and get into an argument trying to explain exactly why some guy in a YT vid saying something is true is not considered as proof of anything.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Farts and string theory, huh? Tell me more!!
Already I'm visualizing a multi-dimensional phased-contrast expanding gaseous plume! Could these quantum gravitational farts act as a variable in a one-dimensional wave equation?

Okay, okay, truly I understand your thread; I was just having a little fun. Yes, there are threads that I find that seem somewhat poorly thought out...... others seem designed merely to provoke reaction in the everpresent quest for ATS points. Sometimes folks ask questions that might not seem valid to some, but if they are genuine questions, then I think they have merit. I'd guess that we could do without many of them, but on the other hand, they tell us something about the author..... and perhaps if we choose to look at all of us that frequent ATS as a microcosm of the subset of people who surf the 'net, maybe there's information there as well.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loke.

Like you i also have a hard time about people like you who comes on this site to tell others what Threads are ok and not..

Well, I'll tell ya what... you should definitely think THIS thread is ok!

Originally posted by Dorian Soran

I totally agree with you OP as a matter of fact I was just annoyed a few moments ago when I clicked on the thread Your Personal Ramblings and My Valuable Time. and had my time wasted by a rambler going on and on about wasting time...oh wait - that was THIS thread.

I totally understand your feelings! I'm just glad the title of my thread left nothing to the imagination, was not misleading and did not explain my idea for a "Rose-Scented Flatulence" pill.
I CARE about you guys!

Hey. You guys do realize that my suggestion was only for filtering and separation, don't you?

Originally posted by SumnerKagan

Threads should be separated in a manner where subjects stemming from a person, just throwing some inane thought out there, will be kept away from threads that delve into existing subject matter.

I am not going to put too much thought into the organization of, or parameters for such a separation. I leave that to you.

Uh Oh. It sounds like there are a lot of "Closet-Ramblers" out there! Hehe.
I sure didn't mean to touch on a nerve.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by SumnerKagan]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SumnerKagan
Threads should be separated in a manner where subjects stemming from a person, just throwing some inane thought out there, will be kept away from threads that delve into existing subject matter.

I believe it already exists and it's called Skunk Works. Like it's been suggested, if you feel a thread is out of place, there's an ALERT button to notify the mods at any time.

Honestly, I get tired of hashing through all the same topics around here. But I figured you have to pan the mud to find the gold. Always seems to be the way.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Thank you all for supporting my perspective.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
And I have a problem with self righteous, self centered posts that attempt to tell the world they must live by the wims, wants and tastes of another. Not naming anyone in particular. But hey, we all have our hangs up don't we?

[edit on 26-3-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Oh... wait, sorry... I thought this was the thread about the soul collector on the moon that is powered by feces and run by the reptillians. My bad! I guess it was the thread title that threw me. If only I would have read it to get some idea of what it might be about. My bad again!

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I have traveled thousands of miles and I consider my time quite valuable, especially since I have very little free time lately and honestly I am literally lucky to be alive now.

That said, occasionally I find time to log in to this site and read through random threads and posts. I very much enjoy every post I have had the privilege and honor to read. The value of the personal points of view so many people have taken the time to contribute here is in my view highly underappreciated. Far better than what is on television!

Please, everyone, keep up your personal ramblings.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
ATS being what it is, you're going to get threads as described in the OP. If I get annoyed when people claim their opinions are facts I just make a post saying "No, it is not fact." No need to get angry about it.

It amuses me that some of those threads get a lot of activity (stars, flags, responses), when other well-thought out threads get barely a whimper. But, the public is fickle. So, to each their own.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Why would one let such small and trivial things bother him? Perhaps not the most efficient use of energy.

That is your choice.

Be In Peace.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Part of the fascination I have with the particular form of media which A.T.S. offers, is that it is possible for one to access (in a blisteringly swift manner) a astounding range of ideas some of which are supported by verifiable facts.

Within this digital realm it is an everyday reality that I can browse a range of subjects that (in my point of view) run the gamut from the laughably/tragically absurd to the sublimely profound (and all points between). This is for me a justifiable reason to resist ANY censorial tendencies within this arena as much as possible.

The possibility of pure idiocy being offered to the masses is a trade off I am willing to concede as long as the prospect still exists for us to happen upon the occasional diamond in the rough...

I feel that some rare souls tread the trail of life with the heart of an artist and the subdual of ideas (be they what they may) serves no purpose other than snuffing the light of intelligent curiosity...

I feel no need within A.T.S. to urge the suppression of certain individuals/threads unless they clearly exhibit a vulgar, bestial tone which serves no purpose other than the aggrandizement of jackbooted, unyielding intolerance.

In layman's terms, I don't get excessively bent out of shape here (calling for the silencing of voices) for the same reason that I have no compulsion to write indignantly poisonous letters to my cable provider concerning the preponderance of "infomercials" on my television.

I simply choose not to imbibe mediocrity.

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen."~~~ Ernest Hemingway

I wish a fine evening to you all

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

I'm just dying on the floor, laughing at your post right now!
The OP tries to erect a little quality control with a few snide remarks and this is what he gets!
Sheesh! One good thing about ATS-- I'm never bored here!

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

On a more serious note (now that I've gotten over the line about the poop)
I do understand where you're coming from and to be honest, some of the things I find here annoy me too but I don't know what could be done about it. I really hate clicking on something interesting only to be let down with the first post and I also hate having scientific discussions turn into spiritual ones but I don't think anything can be done about it. People are going to do whatever they want if it results in some sort of "pay-off". For some, that means conjuring up a big fat hoax and for others, it means making other feel small behind the curtain of anonymity. When people are allowed to run wild, they will; it's human nature. I guess if you want to have a serious discussion about something without interference, the best thing to do is have it somewhere other than ATS, or selectively ignore those people whose contributions aren't useful to you. It's irritating, I know but it's the best I can come up with.

Anyone got any better ideas?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I have to agree, you make a valid point, its fine for people to question things but some of the posts on ats really do make me wonder and angry and get banned.. "woops"..

point is, what is ats about? total freedom of speech? or being totaly free to make wild claims and not feel the wrath of others ?

its like a mental asylum with no wardons but we replace them with mods who then judge our mandness bassed on manners via insults "ATS terms and condionts".. ect

I often wonder why it is people flock here ? is it because the are free to make such wild claims that evil is alive? "i guess thats it" or is it that ATS play on us just like the main stream media and wish to put in a set of rules that we all must follow "all be nice please no matter how insane your post/thread is"

maybe we need here on ats a level of sanity .. let the "wowzors" omg jupiter has exploded behind the sun" people have there crazy thread and let the logical people who base there arguments on science facts have theres?

i know for one that my main gripe is people who start a thread knowing jack about what they are talking about only to enrage the rest of us who will get warnned and banned "yes include me" for not so much as insulting them but trying to fatham wtf they are indeed trying to say.. alot of posts on here are just for points..OMG THE WORLD IS ENDING.. yes it is but does that give you a reason to farm points? i dont think so.. you waste my time and others with such nonsensical questions when infact this site is very good for real news real views only to be hijacked by right wing nuts and left wing nuts talking about jews arabs zionits and the rest of it just to get a "somewhat" vaild point across..

in closing i would say, if your going to make a thread please understand not everyone is a crazy as you. nore do we wish to hate bate about people ,

The motto of this site is to deny ignorance when many peopple who post deny the facts..

I for one do not deny your right to speak but i do deny the right for idoits to post nonsens..

and if that is ignorance on my part so be it, and let the world remain flat.

thats a fact and speculation is not..

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I have to agree with the OP in principle. I just recently read a thread wondering how blood can make it back to the heart.
And to make it worse, I was bored enough to reply!

But in reality, any net we erect to filter out the unwanted threads will also inevitably catch some truth in it. The process of uncovering reality (which is how I see Conspiratology) is more than reading threads that tell you how and what to think... it is about discernment and insight, and even those silly threads about farting in string theories tell us something.... even if that something is that this dude is an idiot.

I personally think there are too many restrictions and thus too tight a net as it is.

This is a ninth line (yeah, I saw that, mods
).

TheRedneck

[edit on 3/26/2009 by TheRedneck]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Again, to those of you who understand what I am getting at, and who did not get your feathers ruffled by the post, thank you.

As I said, I am looking for separation or segregation. Or, at the least, classification.

To those of you that disagree---->

Unlike many people on this site, I personally have no "cause". But, from what I can see, there are MANY of you that wish your perspectives, interests and subject matter to be taken seriously.

So, I am somewhat surprised by the negative reactions I am getting.

If I had a true interest in the NWO, Alien Conspiracies or other such subjects, and I had spent lot's of time putting serious, in-depth, well written threads together on here, I don't know if I would be too happy about finding a thread concerning a pot-dream involving anal-probing, written by some unmedicated "Pseudo-Beavis", and placed right next to my thread.

I might even go as far as to say that it Perpetuates Ignorance. But, hey. That's just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

and with that sir i shall say lets have a beer!!!

we need a real debate forum and a "omg" forum

but thats just me saying. i love insults but only some peeps can take it on the chin, most of the time the insults and bans are due to the crappy threads and the amazement of the people who will "yes mods WILL" post a responce.. and end up banned when insulting people is not so much the issue as the persons making the threads who warrnent such a responce..

yin yang... you let them post, someone will respond in a manner they see fit..

why not make it so that people who want to post this can and are free to but are not able to post it in a forum for people who view it as rubbish??

i dont know whow to say that withouth sounding like a tw#t

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger

Maybe I missed the context here, but we have a Debate Forum

We even have tournaments:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger

Maybe I missed the context here, but we have a Debate Forum

We even have tournaments:

He is saying he has been slapped on the wrist one too many times on here for "passionately" debating with somebody in a thread.

I can totally relate with that sentiment.

I have posted in threads that are so combative, the titles of the threads were combative.
The OP would be entering line after line of hate and insult.

Then, after seeing the aggressive manner the OP had been writing, I would combatively argue the point in the same way, only to end up penalized, rebuked, and more.

As far as I am concerned, if people are going to post craziness or hate, they should sow what they reap.

Otherwise, they should be put in a nice safe area where that kind of goofiness can flourish.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Thanks for clarifying
Serves me right for answering the last post without reading everything between where I had read last night and that one.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join