It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Knowing' an extremely Brave film, I'll tell you Why

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by atsbeliever

Very true. I saw "Race to witch Mountain yesterday night. Also an Alien based movie, more for children. The movie itself could have been better but the topic is there.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

You know, I have alsways wonder, as many do, about 2012 and its meaning. Its interesting to say that the mayans had the calender stop at the time and what not and maybe so predictions here in there. But what it mainly says is that there will be a global change. My theory is not of a deadly one but a concious change. A change of a more higher concious, awarness and of higher self. I know many have already said this, but i believe this to be true. Anayways i know this thread wasnt exactly about 2012 so about KNOWING i havent seen it, but will soon.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I saw "Knowing" and liked it over all.

I thought that the first half unfolded like an M. Shamalan story but had the added benefit of having a decent ending.

I was very surprised that Nicholas Cage was in a movie that has a moral/religious bent to it. He has been taking progressively darker roles over the past 6 years or so.

I thought that the plot was given away by the introduction of Ezekiel half way through. That may be because I have been interested in UFOs for a long time and of course Ezekiel is a very famous example of ancient UFOs.

What I would like to point out is the way that the movie attempts to validate the stories of the Bible without actually acknowledging the existance of God. In the movie, you can view the aliens as advanced beings, angels, or as gods, that point is clear.

So, we have a kind of New Age Bible story, where there are events that appear supernatural but the movie never suggests that there is anything other than an advanced technology at work.

So, is this a case of Hollywood trying to condition the people to accept the idea of benevolent aliens or is it an attempt to ween people away from the idea that God is behind the Bible and all of human history?

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Of course the main problem of this "They are preparing us" is that if it were the case, they are taking it really slow. I mean really,really slow.

I am not talking months, i am not talking years, not talking decades either, but *CENTURIES*

gullivers travels anybody? jules vernes? die frau im mond? metropolis? the day the earth stood still? forbidden planet? enemy mine? strange encounters of the 3rd kind? 2001? babylon 5?

all stories with aliens in a good light. each was also obviously written in the time it was written in, and commenting on current events. (day the earth stood still wouldnt have been made without nuclear weapons, and enemy mine is a product of "aren't russians people too?")

Its nothing new, and if you want to desentisize a population you should do it a little faster than 400 years, because you actually kinda gotta start from the beginning every 50 or so years.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

But the film doesn't do a good job of explaining why he decides nothing is random. Sure these aliens have been warning but that could just mean that they created man kind and they have the power to see the future somehow, so they've whispered to those who were worthy of coming with them and proved that the world was going to end by sharing those cryptic numbers. There's nothing expressed in the film that clarifies an afterlife or purpose for the main characters life whatsoever.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Yea maybe they left it ambiguous on purpose, or just poorly developed on that point which is fair enough, it wasn't a perfect film by any means but it hit the broad strokes for me and I was willing to set aside some of those things as it went along. Honestly I was expecting it to be much worse lol

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
reply to post by bringthelight

But the film doesn't do a good job of explaining why he decides nothing is random. Sure these aliens have been warning but that could just mean that they created man kind and they have the power to see the future somehow, so they've whispered to those who were worthy of coming with them and proved that the world was going to end by sharing those cryptic numbers. There's nothing expressed in the film that clarifies an afterlife or purpose for the main characters life whatsoever.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by debunky
Of course the main problem of this "They are preparing us" is that if it were the case, they are taking it really slow. I mean really,really slow.

I am not talking months, i am not talking years, not talking decades either, but *CENTURIES*

gullivers travels anybody? jules vernes? die frau im mond? metropolis? the day the earth stood still? forbidden planet? enemy mine? strange encounters of the 3rd kind? 2001? babylon 5?

all stories with aliens in a good light. each was also obviously written in the time it was written in, and commenting on current events. (day the earth stood still wouldnt have been made without nuclear weapons, and enemy mine is a product of "aren't russians people too?")

Its nothing new, and if you want to desentisize a population you should do it a little faster than 400 years, because you actually kinda gotta start from the beginning every 50 or so years.

Good point. Three saucermovies during one year(Was it?), is really not that much in comparition with the number of Vampire-movies that was shown last year, which was ALOT more.

That said, I know of people that take that flap in Vampire-movies as a "preparation" aswell.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I have been reading a few good reviews for this film and I look forward to it when it reaches Edinburgh. I might be deluded but there seems to be a much wider acceptance of these type of "alien" films and I hope this is a good thing ~ secretly I hope it means something amazing is about to happen.

Probably project blue beam but hey... Maybe not

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
*Beware possible spoiler*

Just this minute returned home from the cinema after watching Knowing.

If you (like myself) are interested in the potential effects of solar flares, why aliens are/might be watching/taking an interest in us and dont need anymore convincing that there will never be the 'final hour panic run for the hills/caves' press conference, then i promise you will not be disappointed.

An extremely entertaining and thrilling film.

sorry, just one more thing to add after reading a couple of posts in a related thread, every single person that watched the film (where i watched it anyway) left in stunned silence. No heckling or laughing, but hey, us British are a litte more reserved!

Enjoy.

[edit on 25/3/09 by logicalview]

[edit on 25/3/09 by logicalview]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I actually loved it but I'm annoyed by plot holes, I think they could have easily fixed what was wrong. It almost seemed like there was poor editing or they decided to change things at the last minute because the concluions didn't fit so well with the rest of the film. I did enjoy the very end though with the kids on the other planet and thought it was rather bold.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I belive that these movies are just created to subconcously prepare
some people if not all people on a different level from ones concious
state to others.

I must say that what you said in about you being completely different
than 6months ago is extremely true how we are all counsciously awaking
and this is amazing, So many people I meet these days are waking
up and having in depth relizations of self being.I think that 2012-2020+
will be a very exiciting time for alot and for some will be very scary lol

Im not going to give any views on 2012 but all I can say is I cant wait

(Sorry for my spelling im not english)

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Check out the movie called Seeking Closure ... Havent seen it, but I shall .... '' Dad, why is the sky changing color ?? .... '' frase from the Trailer ...

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by cops _america

so di you copy your post directly from "HILLCREST" or is that you?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

SPOILERS
Have to agree here,indeed what was the point in Cage`s character
go through all this only for the visitors to go"Nah you can`t come,
only the kids"?
Being honest I thought it was an ok movie,but has to be
one of the most depressing films I`ve ever seen,with
the amount of burning bodies,people being splatted by
trains/cars etc the whole movies theme seemed to be
about death and burning,and they really cranked it up
to maximum!
Not a movie for people looking to be cheered up at all!

[edit on 26-3-2009 by Elmer_Dinkley]

[edit on 26-3-2009 by Elmer_Dinkley]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by atsbeliever

Originally posted by nerbot
This is also being discussed

here

Did you even bother clicking on the link?

This is not a unique thread and others may wish to explore other points of view, opinions and information.

Go on......try it.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
to original poster,

you refer to them as aliens... but I think i'd really refer to them as 'angels'. In the last sequence, when they lift the children into the so called 'ship', you can see their wings....

anyway a really cool movie and it makes you think, which is what a movie should do. It's definetly not what I expected going into the film, im happy I decided to go see it.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by porky1981

I wrote this in my first reply to this thread, might help explain why some think they were angels:

I don't see why so many people think the aliens are angels because of their wings. They just completely miss that the aliens were depicted as angels in the bible, which is what causes the confusion. I wish the film had explained this with greater detail but I guess it leaves everything up to your own interpretation.

I think the film thoroughly showed that humans had mistaken the aliens for angels in the past, so they described the aliens with their wings in the bible and called them angels because they did not comprehend that they were alien beings.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
to the OP and everyone who has seen this Movie -

Did you guys notice the subtle Black Helicopter scene in the movie?

Just as Nicholas Cage walks into his son's room in the early part of the movie he brushes aside a Black Helicopter hanging over his son's bed.

I kinda saw this as a poke and Hello to all ATSers and other UFO\ET enthusiasts who are well aware of the significance of Black Helicopters

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajesticJax
I think we're going to see more and more films like this in the near future leading up to 2012. Am I a "2012'er"? - No.

I believe these films are part of the "disclosure" and "population control" agenda that the NWO has planned for us.

Make no mistake, any "catastrophe" in the year 2012 will be planned, engineered, and executed with the globalist agenda in mind.

So what's to say ETs WONT come before us presenting themselves as benevolent, but really working with - and probably above - the NWO itself?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join