It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Knowing' an extremely Brave film, I'll tell you Why

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I think that because the world is so shallow and obsessed with movie stars, fame and all that, the only way they think they can allow info like this into the world is through the media.
People will believe the media more than if it was announced on the News because hardly any body cares anymore.
We take this planet for granted.
And something will happen in 2012, and it has been known about for years and we haven't done anything about.
More extreme crap is gonna start happening and we are going to be told more and more - but lets not get into that.
Just my 2 cents

Jacob

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
This is also being discussed

here

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Indeed we're a strange race..advanced but yet so easy to manipulate. The powers that be are more than happy to keep us in a state of fear or otherwise occupied whilst they quietly do their thing.

The ending of the movie was most poignant for me, I wonder how we would all face that moment knowing humanity is about to end?

Originally posted by JacobNH
I think that because the world is so shallow and obsessed with movie stars, fame and all that, the only way they think they can allow info like this into the world is through the media.
People will believe the media more than if it was announced on the News because hardly any body cares anymore.
We take this planet for granted.
And something will happen in 2012, and it has been known about for years and we haven't done anything about.
More extreme crap is gonna start happening and we are going to be told more and more - but lets not get into that.
Just my 2 cents

Jacob

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I think your theory on the recent plane crashes due to ice via "global cooling" is very interesting and possibly correct! You should deff post on another board to get more scientific opinions on this study. I think its an important observation!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by atsbeliever

"Let me diverge BRIEFLY from this topic..has anyone noticed the recent spate of plane crashes caused by icing on the wing? Its not an unknown phenominon BUT something is odd..it seems to be happening when its not EXPECTED to be happening..meaning its catching people off guard. I believe that the weather system is changing dramatically, global COOLING is causing hethertoe known area of cold air to become even colder, its causing plane crashes because the pilots are not expecting there to be ice forming at those times..hence we're seeing more of these events."

Just responding this portion here.

This is due to a effect known as Global Dimming.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by atsbeliever
Like I said, there's plenty of other avenues he coulda taken with this movie and it woulda been more successful IMHO (alien invasion blast em up movie) but he went a different way, it prob cost him some $$ but at the end of the day, there's another level to this than just a popcorn movie.

$24+ M opening week seems pretty good to me; 'course, some of that could be due to the presence of Cage. At any rate, the storyline must lend something to those figures. Seems solidly accepted to date.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Well for what it's worth my view is that this film which i do want to see is part of the relaunched Cosmic Hournmey project. Cosmic Journey was cancelled back in the early 199os which was a programme of disclosure leading up to an exhibition of dead ailens and parts of a UFO. For more ino regarding Cosmic Journey see Timothy Good's excellent books !! I think we are witnessing Mark !! of the Cosmic Journey programme in operation. You only have to look at all the news about Mars, the recent UFO files releases, the Vatican giving the thumbs up to ET etc. So yes, films and media is very much a part of that process. Maybe ET has told World Governments that it is now time to start preparing us, who knows? or maybe 2012 really is going to be an important year, maybe that will be when First Contact will be made ? Not sure if i really buy into 2012, but it is an interesting observation all the same

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
anyone seen witch mountian another new film about ufos only this time its for kids

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
~SPOILERS~

I loved it. I don't see why so many people think the aliens are angels because of their wings. They just completely miss that the aliens were depicted as angels in the bible, which is what causes the confusion. I wish the film had explained this with greater detail but I guess it leaves everything up to your own interpretation.

Otherwise the film was a bit pointless. Only those who heard the call were allowed to come so what was the point of everything the main character went through? And then the aliens just picked the kids up in the end and hauled them to the departure area. It just seemed like the main character and his journey were completely useless in the end...

[edit on 25-3-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Personally i think the film looks terrible. Another Holywood 'EndoftheworldfilmthatcanallbesolvedthroughacodewhichonlyonemanNicholasCagecansolve.
Please, spare me. What is Holywood's obsession with the End of the world? add in to that the World's obsession with it?

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
If meteorologists (funny name for weathernen) can't even predict the weather, do you think NASA can predict catastrophic solar flares?

Very true, however we can predict the hurricane season, maybe not the size and force, but we know when roughly they might happen.

The movie "The Black Hole" had people scoffing about the idea as they were still unconfirmed. Now days it’s fully accepted that there are black holes everywhere in the universe. For this reason i think its possible worm holes and stargates exist.

On a side note movie creators also showcase weapons.

But he power of film is far to great to be used only for making money.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by kode

You raise some very valid points.

Along with weapons, Major Motion Picture Studios and or Producers also receive
substantial amounts of money for a relatively new program called "Product Placement."

If every brand of car is a certain make or the beer is Corona , that is all by design. $$$

While I agree a great film can often leave a lasting impression, (Flying Monkeys still scare the bejesus out of me and I quit surfing after "Jaws".) for me they are pure fantasy, entertainment and escapism. Unless, of course, we are discussing documentaries.

I will eventually see this movie. Inasmuch as I enjoy Nicholas Cage's acting, ( barring the National Treasure franchise) I think the premise seems interesting.

Kind Regards......KK

[edit on 25-3-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I watched the movie and quite honestly was disappointed at the same old aliens save the world/human race propaganda. Brave?? Everything coming out lately is aliens started earth life or aliens save earth life.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Thanks for recommending a good movie. Just watched it and it was pretty dam good. Nicolas Cage is in many paranormal movies , i wonder what his beliefs are. No doubt he would have questioned whether or not these is life elsewhere in the universe.
Cheers for telling me about this.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacobNH

That would be because there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that can be done about it. What is happening is beyond control. You cannot stop a galactic alignment from happening. You cannot stop the sun from hitting a peak stage. None of it is controllable.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Maybe thats because they have done it before. Oh maybe I should just tell my ancestors to stop making up stories about visitors from stars they couldnt see thousands of years ago, and get with the program.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Good thread - starred and flagged!

I haven't seen it yet but I've read the plot in depth but I thought the same thing. Alex Jones did a whole hour on how media is slowly preparing us for contact - to get it into the mainstream psyche about what will 'need to be done'.

But, I have to ask (does anyone know) if 20th Century FOX made it..?

If so I'd be worried...

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
...Everything coming out lately is aliens started earth life or aliens save earth life.

..............................or BOTH!

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I saw the movie, and i got an interesting message from it.
We, the human race, are so vulnerable. We take everything for granted.
IMO, this movie was produced, not only for money making, but also to send us a warning and a wake up call.
Also, that movie can wake up people who are in a sleeping state. An awakening of some sort, regarding human evolution.
I recommend the movie to all. Best i've seen in a long long time.

Peace

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
~SPOILERS~

I loved it. I don't see why so many people think the aliens are angels because of their wings. They just completely miss that the aliens were depicted as angels in the bible, which is what causes the confusion. I wish the film had explained this with greater detail but I guess it leaves everything up to your own interpretation.

Otherwise the film was a bit pointless. Only those who heard the call were allowed to come so what was the point of everything the main character went through? And then the aliens just picked the kids up in the end and hauled them to the departure area. It just seemed like the main character and his journey were completely useless in the end...

[edit on 25-3-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

I think the main characters journey was about discovering that life was not a bunch of mistakes and chemical reactions...i.e. there are no coincidences. It allowed him to reconnect with his father and realize that there is so much more to this life than we can perceive.

Also through his journey he was able to let go of his son as he realized that these aliens gave his son a choice and they had no ill intentions. He went from a hard nosed skeptic to a believer in something greater than himself.

I would hardly call that a pointless journey!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join