It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama set to unveil Mexico border drugs/guns plan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Obama set to unveil Mexico border drugs/guns plan

www.reuters.com

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama is poised to announce as early as Tuesday his plan to send more agents and equipment to the U.S.-Mexican border to fight violent trafficking in drugs, guns and money, government sources said.

Investigators say nine out of 10 guns retrieved from crime scenes south of the border are traced back to U.S. gun dealers.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.americanchronicle.com

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I knew that if I focused on this:

The plan represents a growing emphasis by the Obama administration on fighting weapons smuggling to the Mexican drug cartels, which helped fuel deadly turf wars and battles with authorities that killed 6,000 people last year.

This thread would have started going in a very specific direction, one that ATS keeps taking over and over again.

But instead i posted this:

Investigators say nine out of 10 guns retrieved from crime scenes south of the border are traced back to U.S. gun dealers.

No this is not saying that America...once again is the problem.
No this is to say hey how about we focus on the source of the problem and not symptom? This is rarely done here on ATS in any illegal immigration thread. It's quite a phenomena!

Or how about this:
DEA, FBI and CIA are all operating covertly in Mexico´s narco-trafficking underworld Many U.S. Agent
www.americanchronicle.com...

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I just wonder how many of the Drug Lords in Mexico are Americans, and in which 3 letter government organization they work for.

There is a $2,000,000 dollar reward out right now by the Mexican government for the drug lords.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I think the words that are going to come out of his mouth when he revels his plan will be something along the lines of, "we need to renew and make permanent assault weapons ban" or something along those lines. The his approval rating is going to drop to right over 50%.

Yes, this is saying that the US gun dealers are a problem. Just look at the numbers 9 out of 10 are weapons from America.

Anyway you slice it they are gunning for our rights.

Edit to add -

The Arizona Gun Store owner that was arrested and charged with selling guns to the Mexican Drug cartels, the judge in his case issued a direct verdict of Not Guilty.

Story Is Here

It is very easy to tell what is going to happen if Obama and Co. get up there and start talking about taking away our rights.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

this is BS

Last year, 2,455 weapons traces requested by Mexico showed that guns had been purchased in the United States, according to the ATF. Texas, Arizona and California accounted for 1,805 of those traced weapons.

www.latimes.com...

This is the true story the key words are "2,455 weapons traces requested by Mexico"
Mexico know what type guns are sold in the US and is only asking for traces on guns that are likely to have come from the US.
Many more guns are taken by the mexican government, But they know it is unlikely many come from the US (ie Full auto weapons and RPGs)

Then the anti guns people in the US government and media TWIST the story to fit there anti guns views and there cause in trying to get guns banned.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

How do you know that it's not YOUR link and story that is the one trying to twists things around?

Explain yourself!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The best way to solve the drug cartel problems in the U.S. and Mexico's killings, is legalize marijuana and place a huge tax on it. Drug cartels would no longer need to bribe people in the Mexican and U.S. government. The U.S. wouldn't need to hemorrhage so much money on the "war on drugs", and the tax money of weed would be a huge influx of cash going into the system. And the kicker of the whole thing is cigarettes are worse to ones health then marijuana.

The real problem is Mexico's government. The only plan that would help the United States' war on drugs without legalizing marijuana is for the U.S. get tough with Mexico. Threaten Mexico to get their act together or we will place tariff's and taxes on it's exported goods. While they are at it demand Mexico help their impoverished. It's not that Mexico can't fix these problems, it's that their government is so corrupt and bought it doesn't get necessary things done.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Unfortunately OUR gov't is so corrupt and bought that we find ourselves in these circumstances. Control is the name of the game. Screw Mexico, their problems have NO application to my Rights as an american citizen. But that is what my gov't is selling. 'Mexico Sucks so you need to give up your rights.'

Horsesh**, like I said, Screw Mexico!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I like the way many of you try to demonize Mexico as though Mexico is the root of all evil. If you want to talk corruption look at our own government first.

Those drugs wouldn't be hitting US streets if there wasn't money the government could make off it.

And while we are at could somebody please tell me how many of those 6,000 killed in Mexico were not involved in the drug business?

Keep focusing on Mexico because that is exactly what our government wants you to do.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
So expect an increase in drug smuggling. Everytime there's more ``enforcement`` of drug laws, there's more drugs coming in and more cops/citizens being harassed and killed.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I just want to make it clear that I don't give a rip about mexico. We need to stop playing games and CLOSE the border and then ENFORCE our existing Laws. What a concept ha?

Their problems are Their Problems. Turning them into My Problem ain't gonna work!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Build a damn wall you morons !!! (Speaking to the government)
How hard is this for politicians to figure out !!!????

I bet it will employ lots of AMERICAN workers too.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Build a damn wall you morons !!! (Speaking to the government)
How hard is this for politicians to figure out !!!????

I bet it will employ lots of AMERICAN workers too.

Amen. That and a few joint military ops between Mexico and some US special forces could wipe out the cartels. The only reason these guys are still in business is because they're being ALLOWED to stay in business.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Legalise all drugs. That's the plan. But no, it would kill the pharma industry who's killing much more people in a year than all ``illegal`` drugs killed in the last 10 years. But eh, big pharma give money to the government.

Freedom, we can't have that in america. All ``drugs`` were legal before WW2, did society looked like anarchy? No. Were people more free than now? Yes.

Thanks to the racists and the pharma/textile industry those drugs are now illegals and the government is using the war on drugs to make money for their black operations, arrest and kill americans and impose a police state on everyone.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Does anyone know what time this is supposed to happen? I'd like to watch this, and the aftermath...

Im interested in hearing what he says so I can have detailed letters to my representatives to oppose this hooey...

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar
I just want to make it clear that I don't give a rip about mexico. We need to stop playing games and CLOSE the border and then ENFORCE our existing Laws. What a concept ha?

Their problems are Their Problems. Turning them into My Problem ain't gonna work!

Yeah! Good idea! Close the southern border. Then wait until there are new ways that drugs will get into the USA through both the East and West coasts and the northern border.
At least now Mexico is finally getting tough against the drug cartels.
It won't be solved immediately. It'll take years to dismember all of the corrupt associations in police departments and political parties.
But the President of Mexico is taking the first steps towards it.
He risks getting killed in the process.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Here's an easy solution for Obama. Actually secure our borders and he can kill two birds with one stone. He can stop the weapons from being taken from America into Mexico, and at the same time stop the illegals from coming into America. Problem solved, everyone's happy.See it's not that hard at all.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Cut the head off the snake and legalize drugs.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by delta33

I agree with 90 pecent of americans.
That will solve alot of problems at once.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by delta33

I completely agree with you!!!

It's time for people to believe in personal responsibility again.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join