It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Obama supporter here...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk
Obama supporters are jumping ship faster than the Bush supporters could scrape the bumper stickers off of their cars.

Change? naw

What a ridiculous partisan and unsubstantiated statement. Obama's approval rating is at 61%. See here.

This is the type of empty opinion that is counter-productive. You're entitled to it, but maaaan... At least throw a right-wing talking point in there and claim it as a fact to spice it up

For all of you softies out there, the above is a criticism of the poster's opinion and not of the poster themself. I'm sure they are a wonderful human being with thoughtful insight and perspectives.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by tommy_boy]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
As someone raised with an understanding of the book None Dare Call it a Conspiracy, his appointments are truly frightening! Trilateral, Council on Foreign Relations, Bildeburgers are well represented in his Administration! I believe in the Obama Deception all of his people were covered and it is absolutely a shame! After years of leaving what I was taught by my very conservative parents I fell for the fraud, no more though!

I do not hate the man, nor do I hope to see him go down in infamy but he is NOT what he appears to be! His meteoric rise to prominence is like nothing I have seen in my 51 years of living and keeping up with MS news. There are powers that have brought this man to the fore and now we are facing things that are unheard of.

The Iraq war pullout, FISA, this proposed budget, his flippant attitude toward legalization of marijuana, the huge diplomatic screw ups, all tell me that the change we hoped for is void! Now he is calling the shots in the auto industry while letting his banker buddies get untold billions without so much as a mention of new leadership. Of course they are all Geitner and company's friends and peers so should we be surprised! Shame on him. red

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
What did your very conservative parents tell you about the jokes that made up the Bush appointments? At the very least one can rationalize the competence and relevant experience of most of Obama's major appointments. Near as I can tell, no federal agencies are being run by the Arabian Horse Society head under Obama. Near as I can tell, Obama still, even with the few exceptions, has implemented the most stingent restrictions on lobbyists in his administration ever. Of course his appointments are not perfect, but no one can argue that they are sooo much better than the blatant cronyism of the previous 8 years.

Not sure what's so "unheard of" of the things you cite.

Didn't you EVER want us out of Iraq?

The current budget accounts for the need to spur job growth while at the same time rebuild our failing infrastructure. It's widely accepted (by everyone other than republicans) that spending is the only way to kick-start this economy. Or haven't you heard? The Trickle-Down BS has pretty much had a stake driven through its heart. Supply-side trickery is now seen for what it is: bogus.

Or is war the only viable reason to drive this country into debt, as your previous president did?

And what of his budget? Were conservatives OK that the costs of Iraq and Afghanistan were conveniently left off the books to conceal their true costs and the real total expenditures in our budget? Which repulses you more? That we now have a President that is willing to spend to re-build America and recover from a serious recession, or the dishonesty of the previous President who purposely omitted billions and billions from the budget?

Given the big issues we have to contend with, who cares about marijuana? Let allow the president's "flippant" attitude towards it?

What diplomatic screw-ups? in under 70 or so days of an administration?!?!?! Since when is restoring the US standing in the world as a powerful and collaborative force a bad thing? It's OK to talk to people, folks. We are not only members, but leaders, of the world community, and that standing is incompatible with the isolationist tendencies of conservatives and the previous administration. by the by... You notice the London protests (unlike previous years) were not protests against the US? for the most part? Now THAT is change you can believe in!

You really don't see the difference between GM being allowed into bankruptcy versus AIG or BofA? To you these are equivalent in areas other than significant job loss? Can't you fathom what a massive bankruptcy in the banking sector would further do to this economy? I'm not denying the cronyism, but let's attempt a bit of perspective before we jump straight to the conspiracy theory. Frankly, we shouldn't be bailing anyone out, but at the very least one can argue how different these two industries are in terms of scale and overall economic impact.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by tommy_boy
You really don't see the difference between GM being allowed into bankruptcy versus AIG or BofA? To you these are equivalent in areas other than significant job loss? Can't you fathom what a massive bankruptcy in the banking sector would further do to this economy?

Umm there were THREE massive bankruptcy or bankruptcy like failures in the banking/financial sector. AIG basically overinsured what it could pay out at any one time. The Credit default swaps are what did AIG in. It would have been illegal for them to do that if CDS were actual insurance, not some derivative.

Just watch what the ripple effect of a GM bankruptcy will do to suppliers and others as it unfolds. It's not going to be pretty, and anyway you look at it, the US taxpayer will be footing the bill.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
[and anyway you look at it, the US taxpayer will be footing the bill.

You are absolutely right about that, Pavil.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join