It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Obama supporter here...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazed

Originally posted by tide88
I was 100% against Obama being in office and voted for Mccain. However after he was elected I decided to give him a chance to prove himself. I think it is a little too soon to think he is a failure. He needs a little more time then 3 months to do anything. He didnt exactly inherit a good situation.

True, I think some of this is our society, which has turned into an immediate gratification society. We want (insert anything) RIGHT NOW. Not tomorrow, not next week and for sure not next year. GIVE ___ TO ME RIGHT NOW. Like children who have not been taught patience and perseverance.

Thank goodness my children have. Even to the point that my youngest has been known to save his money for TWO YEARS for an expensive item that he wanted. That's pretty good for someone who started saving, on his own when he was eight. And my oldest has been saving for several years to assist with buying a car when she is old enough.

Peace

I dont have children but star for you for rasing them the way you are. If more people did this we wouldnt be in such a bad situation right now. Wish more people were like you.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Obama is hard not to like , I still want to like him , he's slick, articulate charismatic . But once you see past all that and do some research it's just another ass clown .

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Obama may be to blame for some of this, but as President his powers don't equate to those of Congress. Maybe when you voted for Obama for change, you should have voted for new representatives to help him deliver that change.

Did you say the same thing for Bush...sometimes it sucks to be "The Buck Stop Here"

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Former supporter here. I'm much more into Ron Paul now.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by jam321

Obama may be to blame for some of this, but as President his powers don't equate to those of Congress. Maybe when you voted for Obama for change, you should have voted for new representatives to help him deliver that change.

Did you say the same thing for Bush...sometimes it sucks to be "The Buck Stop Here"

I think everone who didn't have their Bush hater hat on said that. It is still true also. He is not the only one screwing up and now that Bush is gone we finally see that.

I think this is part of what W meant when he said history will be the judge of his Presidency. Atleast he said something similar.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Yep, I sure did.

The way I see it, the president can ask and request any kind of legislation he wants. However, Congress better do its homework and research before handing it to him.

Congress has control of the purse and with it comes great responsibility.

That doesn't mean one can't slam the president for the ideas he proposes. I just don't see the reason to blame the president for everything.

Presidents are not experts in any of the issues that comes before them. That means they have to rely heavily on so called experts who may or may not have the experience to get the job done correctly

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Look guys you've done better than the bunch of muppets running my country, and besides it could have been a whole lot worse.

Just Imagine Sarah Pallin slip sliding around the Whitehouse, well it dosent bear thinking about.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by 18731542

Oh yeah, I agree Obama is definitely better than a lot of the other candidates, but we'll never know if they would have done better or worse so there is no use in comparing him to them.

Just say'in.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Its not who you voted for as president.

The real deal breaker is the party in power.

Would Obama veto a democratic bill if all the democrats passed it and Obama did not like it.
I rather doubt it.

Obama has already said he would veto bills full of pork but then turned around and signed the stimulus bill that was full of pork because the democrats in congress supported it.

www.cnn.com...
www.google.com...
www.usnews.com...

I am all for a congress that's 50% democrats and 50% republicans.

Then require a 65 % vote to pass on all bills.

Then nether party could vote in bills to spend our money without the other.

It likely would mean very little would get done in congress.
But would that be so bad.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
YA

Well now you can be recruited into the young NEOCONS of America
NYA

They have a crumby health plan ( non existent )

enjoy the Cooterism here!

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
my thoughts on " the one " are simple . he fooled millions , not just you . he is and always will be an empty suit . he has never had any substance . i know ill hear it from many , but we need a guy whos not afraid to lead .. say what you will but dubya was never afraid to lead . and i believe he was more honest than many potus . time will show he was a great leader and i guarantee that .. as far as obama he is from the ghetto of chicago . as the old saying goes you can take them outta the ghetto but you cant take the ghetto out of them . how true it is

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I too was a hard core supporter of Obama. I am not anti Obama just yet but am very disappointed in some of the STUPID things that have happened. I wonder what sort of people he has in the WH that have no diplomatic savvy? Part of the "change" was supposed to be regaining our reputation so stained by W, but with the way even simple things like gifts between govt leaders and emails to the wrong leader one has to wonder how badly they will botch up the really big stuff!

The big stuff I believe would largely be the same sad mess we are seeing every day on the MSM. This economic thing is far bigger than our paltry parties, and has been in play since the early 70's, earlier if we take the Rothschilds into consideration.

My entire attitude towards politics and our government has shifted from one of a naive faith that they do have our best interests at heart to the realization that they don't give a damn what the people want. These bailouts are more than the proof that this government cares nothing about what WE THE PEOPLE want!

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
So is it too late to get Ron Paul in????

"Okay, we changed our minds, its been an interesting 45 days but... we want Dr. Ron now okay?"

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Sheesh - anyone who voted for the Fed sponsored candidates really deserves what they get now...

However - I was ignorant enough to vote for Clinton once back in the day - just to get ol' New World Order Poppa the heck outta the Whitehouse - little good it did, eh?

I say learn from your mistake (like I did) and resolve to "not get fooled again!"

(you might have been tipped off by their enthusiastic YES vote for the 1st Unconstitutional Bail Out Bill and their MASSIVE campaign funding - clear signs of candidates who have been wholly Bought by the Banksterz)

Also - don't forget THE PEOPLE still have the POWER to IMPEACH any President who Breaks his Oath to Protect and Uphold the Constitution - although letting Baby Bush slide has probably set a Dangerous Precedent...

Let us get our collective act together now - before the time is too late!

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
As someone said "we won't be fooled again". I laugh at this to be honest. Anyone with common sense could have seen the lies and deception the Obama team and MSM were feeding the US this past election. If you were fooled that easily, I'm sorry to say I doubt you will see it coming the next time.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Gdc934

Why do you think people who no longer support him believe they were fooled? I never once said Obama was the change agent that he claimed to be. I even frequently admitted that I am an independent and mainly voted for him because I knew he was the only one in the running who had a chance to beat McCain and Palin, because I favored their proposed policies less than Obama's.

I actually probably would have voted for McCain if he was still the same McCain from previous elections but he drastically changed.

I voted for Obama and gave him a chance, so far I've lost what little faith I have in him but he can still redeem himself in my eyes and I still defend him when people bring up the birth certificate lunacy or the muslim rumors.

However it seems clear to me already that he will not strive to rid us of the Patriot Act. Unless he does so I never intend to vote for him again.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by danj3ris
Nice to meet you. Welcome to ATS.

I wouldn't feel let down. In rocky times I would expect an administration to have a rocky start. As for the President's behavior, just how much of it is being blown out of proportion?

I saw the clip of his Special Olympics comment on Leno. To me it seemed like he was responding to Jay's patronizing and falsely reassuring comment on his score: "Oh that's very good.. yah.. that's very good Mr President". So of course if Jay Leno is talking to you like you're "special", you should respond. His response just wasn't thought out unfortunately. I wish he would've said "Don't patronize me Jay."

As for laughing at the interview on 60 minutes? Not that big a deal actually. What he said made sense. "The only thing less popular then putting money in the banks, is putting money in the auto-industry." The idea is laughable. And he laughed. Kroft didn't think it was funny. The laugh startled him and threw him off his game of being in control of an interview, and to try and swing things back into his control he goes and insults the President of The United States.

Or am I just seeing things differently?

If you had a cousin who is in the wheel chair like i do then you would take offense to his comment. And yes I always knew that Obama was like the rest. To me all those people during the elections that supported Obama and got mad when someone questioned the great-obama just mad a fool of themselves.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Dark Jester]

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Dark Jester]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

I apologize if what I said came off too negatively. I didn't mean for it to apply to EVERYONE who voted for Obama. Your reasons for voting for him are reasonable in my opinion, in spite of the fact that I personally still wouldn't have given him my vote.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
His first couple of months haven't been a failure in any way. The man set out to bankrupt America, redistribute wealth, socialize debt, privatize profit on a corporate scale, restrict American citizen's Constitutional rights, and uplift globalism... and that progressive agenda is advancing very swiftly and successfully for him. His supporters expectations have been the failure, not his politics and beliefs. You bought the lie... simple as that.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Not only that but any blame that gets thrown Obama's way seems to slide off of him like water off a duck's back.

It is a rare thing to have so much raw talent in order to make screwed up decisions and still have millions of people worshiping. Very few leaders in history can be included in such a club (Hitler, Mao, Stalin...)

As for the Obama supporters, I really can't blame them whether or not they realize their vote was a mistake. Obama was chosen. The sheer media and corporate power that is thrown behind Obama, the black skin serving as a politically correct shield, added to the fact that many Americans are uninformed is a perfectly plausible reason why so many can be suckered into voting for such a man.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join