It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Obama supporter here...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Gdc934

No worries. I just wanted to make clear why some voted for him before this thread possibly turned into Obama voter bashing, but I get what you were saying.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Well I knew He was a traitor the minute the MSM said Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Hillery, Hillery, Hillery, Hillery, Hillery, Hillery, Hillery, Hillery, Hillery, Hillery, Hillery, Hillery, Hillery, Hillery, Hillery, Hillery, Hillery, Hillery, Hillery, Hillery, Hillery, Hillery, Hillery, Hillery, Hillery, Hillery, Hillery, Hillery, Hillery, Hillery, Hillery, Hillery, Hillery, Hillery, Hillery, Hillery, Hillery, Hillery, Hillery, Hillery, Mc'Cain, Mc'Cain, Mc'Cain, Mc'Cain Mc'Cain, Mc'Cain, Mc'Cain, Mc'Cain, Mc'Cain, Mc'Cain, Mc'Cain, Mc'Cain, Mc'Cain Mc'Cain, Mc'Cain, Mc'Cain, Mc'Cain, Mc'Cain, Mc'Cain, Mc'Cain, Mc'Cain, Mc'Cain Mc'Cain, Mc'Cain, Mc'Cain, Mc'Cain, Mc'Cain.

You didn't hear of my canidate Ron Paul at all on the news and when You did people were claiming He was a racist.. Jeez what was not to like about the guy He wanted us to mind our own business and stop waging wars. He wanted us to treat the world like We wanted to be treated. He wanted to end the American empire and spend the money at home. He wanted to get rid of welfare to mexicans which would of fixed the border. He wanted to legalize mariguana not because He smoked because it infringes on people constitutional rights and takes money from the PRIVATE PRISON OWNERS. He wanted us to have sound money that can't be inflated to hell. He wanted to get rid of the damn income tax and replace it with tarrifs.. So what is there not to like I don't understand why idiots voted for Obama or Mc'Cain. Once again the tax payers get #ed because the rest of America and the trash keep wanting to dip into our pockets ... What about us? Oh now we are considered terrorists because we just want to be left alone.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Still support Obama and I think his doing a great job. I hope he keeps it up over the next four years. Folks here are just trying to make his entire term a faliure... before we see it in full.... and the sad thing is that folks are willing to wish America suffers under this man. Its apparent people here have less care for this great country, and more for their personal political agendas.

Tis a sad state among the hateful fringe. My question is, if things improve by the time his term ends, will they then quickly change their tone and make the excuse that it "was just a cycle" ? I see the fringers are formulating a number of excuses in preparation.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I'm a strong supporter of Ron Paul and his ideas. I openly admit I never liked Obama's ideas or his vision of America. I posted this at the Campaign for Liberty website. You can take away from it what you will, but just browsing through this thread it's starting to turn into Obama vs Paul.

The Fallacy of Hope

As our government keeps getting closer to outright tyranny, it would be easy to just shrug your shoulders and say "Oh well, that's the gov't, what can you do?". It's really hard to find anything to believe in these days. There was a time when people felt safe and secure in their jobs and they thought that their retirement was going to be there, not anymore. In the last election America thought it was getting the change they desperately wanted and was sold a bag of hope which at the end of the day is still an empty bag.

I've recently decided to stop using the word "hope" in my everyday life. Instead it's going to be all about beliefs. This is the most crucial difference between Ron Paul and Barack Obama. Ron Paul supporters are so die hard in their support (myself included) of Ron Paul and his ideas because he believes in them with every fiber of his being, no matter how crazy other uneducated people says he is. While I do appreciate the loyalty Obama supporters show him and I do hope it makes them interested in our polictial system and they learn more, but all they have in their corner is "Well, I hope he's for real and does a good job". The probelm with hope is that you get nowhere with it, while belief can take you everywhere.

I was recently talking with my Mom and she mentioned something about not feeling well despite not having a flu or a cold. I explained to her that it was fear that was bringing her down. You can't even do something as simple as go grocery shopping without feeling it's effects despite how secure you may feel in your life as far as jobs and houses go. You pass by someone in the aisle and you feel their fear of not knowing if they'll be able to buy any food next payday, you feel the fear from the cashier in not knowing if he/she'll have a job next week. It really doesn't matter if you are "secure" in your life or not, at the end of the day you're still banking on "hope. The person who is secure thinks "I hope I can keep my secure life" while the victim of his economic terrorstorm thinks "I hope things will get better". Hope will get you nowhere and it changes nothing.

This is the most important and oppurtune time for the Ron Paul Revolution movement. While I was insulted at the MIAC report at first, I have actually come to wanting to thank them for issuing that report. That report put Ron Paul's name back in the news at a time when it is most needed. This country is in crisis and the vast majority are still counting on hope to get them through this. While we may be a small minority in comparison to the popultion, our belief in our movement, in ourselves and the ideals that Ron Paul embodies can serve this country in a much more significant way than we can even imagine. Fear is something that comes from without and snuffs out the light in someone. Belief comes from within and if you draw strength from it, no amount of fear can ever snuff out that light.

Ron Paul really cured my apathy and for that I will forever owe him more than I can ever repay. It's because of people like him that I feel more empowred each day the gov't tries to take more of my freedoms away cause I know they can never imprison, tax or destroy my belief in freedom and what is good. There are times when it's tough and you wonder what's the point if we're all screwed anyway, but the war is not over yet, we have not been defeated and we will restore the constituion and America to it's former glory. As Mickey would tell Rocky Balboa "I ain't heard no bell yet!". Let our beliefs light the way out of this dark fearful night and not hope we can do that, but believe that we will.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I still really like him.
But I will probably like him until the very end, when no one else does, I might just be the last one.

But that's me and also no surprise. At least I've been honest.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

If Obama doesn't attempt to rid us of the Patriotic Act then he is not a change agent and while he may love this country, he does not love it enough. No one who wants the kind of progressive country he spoke of would wimp out on this one. If his desire to be seen as a centrist leads him to supporting the act (as he did with the FISA bill) instead of fighting for and respecting our Bill of Rights and constitution then he doesn't deserve my vote.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
Still support Obama and I think his doing a great job.

Would you mind sharing what he has done that you would consider a "great job".

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
They're all liars. I voted for Obama but I'm skeptical of his crazed spending and I think Geitner is a joke and should resign.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladygagarulez09
They're all liars. I voted for Obama but I'm skeptical of his crazed spending and I think Geitner is a joke and should resign.

Ditto.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Terces Pot Evoba

Yes Im terribly sorry he didnt turn the economy right around within a two month period. That is what the fringers on here have set for him.... well actually they set nothing, because they never liked him. As opposed to Bushes vactional period within the few months.

Like I said, I think his doing a great job and I hope he keeps it up.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
His first couple of months haven't been a failure in any way. The man set out to bankrupt America, redistribute wealth, socialize debt, privatize profit on a corporate scale, restrict American citizen's Constitutional rights, and uplift globalism... and that progressive agenda is advancing very swiftly and successfully for him. His supporters expectations have been the failure, not his politics and beliefs. You bought the lie... simple as that.

Aw yes, then that would explain his joy.

current.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Not a Obama voter, but hey he's our President. I am disappointed that he STILL hasn't staffed the Treasury Dept. with enough people, you would think that would be a major priority.

Also, he seems to be stuck in the "I'm still Campaigning" mode rather than the "Leader of our Country". Plus he hasn't reigned in his Party to really work towards Bipartisan solutions to major economic problems.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Do not fear the president, fear the unknowns feeding the text to his teleprompter.

I too am a former Obama supporter. I was stupid enough to believe that maybe this country would have a new true leader.

We have quite simply exchanged one puppet for another and, that is the only change we have.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Like I said, I think his doing a great job and I hope he keeps it up.

and the good job part???

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by danj3ris
Nice to meet you. Welcome to ATS.

I wouldn't feel let down. In rocky times I would expect an administration to have a rocky start. As for the President's behavior, just how much of it is being blown out of proportion?

I saw the clip of his Special Olympics comment on Leno. To me it seemed like he was responding to Jay's patronizing and falsely reassuring comment on his score: "Oh that's very good.. yah.. that's very good Mr President". So of course if Jay Leno is talking to you like you're "special", you should respond. His response just wasn't thought out unfortunately. I wish he would've said "Don't patronize me Jay."

As for laughing at the interview on 60 minutes? Not that big a deal actually. What he said made sense. "The only thing less popular then putting money in the banks, is putting money in the auto-industry." The idea is laughable. And he laughed. Kroft didn't think it was funny. The laugh startled him and threw him off his game of being in control of an interview, and to try and swing things back into his control he goes and insults the President of The United States.

Or am I just seeing things differently?

I pity those who are hating on Obama for those reasons, along with the OP.

But, like the original poster said, there are REAL issues at hand that has already let me down. More bailouts, "arguing" over the bonuses of executes for publicity, closing of Guantanamo Bay, his superstar status, and all of the lies has already said - even though thats just another politician for ya.

There are plenty of more things to hate about him, but who knows if McCain would have done the same or not. The thing is though, he is not president and Obama is.

The actions do not matter as long as they work though. At the moment, things ARE NOT getting any better. It seems that any type of talk about recession has died out since Obama has taken office, even though it has gotten worse, with the adding of more lost jobs, and higher prices all over. That is WHAT I SEE.

Can be worse, but nothing is getting better.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by aNdReSk

I voted for him in the primaries, I did not vote for anyone in the election as the 3rd party candidates had no chance and blue and red just sucked.
They have already stolen my money and I won’t let them steal my time.

Isn’t it funny how now the MSM is kissing the good Doctors butt now?
The McCain supporters now all of a sudden fancy themselves “Patriots” even though if Obama was White and a Republican they would be lining up for pictures with big smiles and tears streaming down their faces like the Obamabots do.

They treated our candidate like garbage; they treated us like garbage when the real trash was McCain the liar who said our economy was strong.
I would welcome their help but since they are so darn traitorous I would say shun them at this point because they will screw us the first chance they get.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist
It seems that any type of talk about recession has died out since Obama has taken office, even though it has gotten worse, with the adding of more lost jobs, and higher prices all over. That is WHAT I SEE.

I believe the media has toned down the recession talk BECAUSE Obama is in office. Wouldn't look good for Obama if the country has gotten worse since he took office.
I think they will turn on him sooner then later, they always need to bash on someone and there will be no better target now that Bush is gone.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
All of these haters...

For those of you that voted for him, but are disappointed in his job performance thus far, let me remind you that Obama has kept most of his campaign promises to date. See here.

So if you're upset at what he's done thus far, I can only deduce that you had no idea what you were voting for or supporting when you supported Obama. He's been pretty consistent.

Regarding the 60 Minutes interview. Come on...You people are really reaching. That interview was pretty benign. This is the type of minutia that doesn't amount to anything, much like the current leadership and agenda of the Republican party.

Regarding bipartisanship. For those of you with short memories: It was attempted. Republicans had no intention of working with this president. It was politics as usual on their end. And BTW, bipartisanship is a privilege of the minority, not a right. The Repubs blew it.

For Terces, since you asked for a list of accomplishments, here's a short list for you:

- He's rescinded alot of Bush's bad policy.
- He's applied the right strategy to easing us out of this recession WHILE also repairing an infrastructure that has gone neglected by many presidents before him.
- He's set in motion the closing of Guantanamo Bay.
- He's stated once and for all that the US will not torture.
- He's set the foundation for cooperative relationships with our allies AND enemies around the world in order to reverse the isolationist policies of Bush.
- He's re-prioritized Afghanistan.
- He's set a plan to end the Iraq war.
- He's placed a high priority and a great deal of attention on our southern border and the drug trade.
- He's made the presidency a great deal more accessible to the public; what many of you are ridiculously calling "campaign mode." It's actually a good thing to have a president that gives importance to the need for communication. I know you righties are used to Bush barricading himself in Crawford for most of his presidency, but speaking to the American people = GOOD.
- He reached out to the minority early on to test their desire to be bipartisan. There was no desire on the right-wing side, so he's retreated from that and is correctly, then, pursuing his policies.

All of this... In under a quarter... That's pretty impressive, whether you like him or not.

So for all of you spewing your empty factless commentary about "Obama's not doing a good job! Obama's not doing anything! Obama's not keeping his campaign promises!"

Check your facts! You can argue your dislike of his policies all day, but few have taken on as much as he has in such a short amount of time, let alone with the success that he's had so far.

[edit on 29-3-2009 by tommy_boy]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

What media are you talking about?

The recession is everywhere. on Fox News, NBC, CNN, on ABC, on blogs, in newspapers, on MySpace, LinkedIn. Everywhere.

This is just empty talk; things people say. "Ohh the Media!!! They're unfair!" Please.

Were you equally as concerned when Fox News WASN'T covering Bush's flagrant spending, but all of a sudden found Jesus when Obama started spending? hmmm?? Ohh, yeah.. That was different...

[edit on 29-3-2009 by tommy_boy]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Obama supporters are jumping ship faster than the Bush supporters could scrape the bumper stickers off of their cars.

Change? naw

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join