It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Obama supporter here...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Hello everyone, my first post, I feel this is a good way to introduce myself and where I stand.
As a former supporter, and yes I did vote for him, I am just wondering if I am the only one here to feel let down on the way he has behaved in the last couple of months. I can supply examples but it would be redundant since I'm sure others have done that plenty already. I feel let down and even a bit embarrassed for having been so naive into thinking he was really going to make a difference for the better.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Terces Pot Evoba

Terces,

I didn't support Obama. I've always liked McCain.

But I wouldn't think either of them, nor any other candidate, could (or would) do much to "make a difference for the better."

I gave up really believing in any politician about twenty or thirty years ago.

To me, it's all about their record and which way they appear to lean regarding decisions they've made in the past.

McCain's decisions better match what I believe is the best way to go. Obama didn't provide us with any record worth looking at, so I wouldn't have voted for him even if he was ME! LOL.

Harte

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
:p See why people didnt listen to me an voted for Ron Paul

I kinda still like Obama, but he is doing a lot less of what I was expecting.
Gonna delete him from my facebook friends

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I am sure you are not the only one - however, I would bet many of those like you dont have the balls to admit their feelings on it all now.

I know a few people off of ATS who voted for Obama and are kicking themselves for it.

You are not alone.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Both candidates are useless, like everyone else on this planet.

Pure waste of paper, that you wasted using to vote on.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
They are all politicians, people seem to forget that.

I would like to ask though, what do you guys "assume" McCain would have done better?

Probably no more than what Obama has done. Because they are ALL politicians.

Peace

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Nice to meet you. Welcome to ATS.

I wouldn't feel let down. In rocky times I would expect an administration to have a rocky start. As for the President's behavior, just how much of it is being blown out of proportion?

I saw the clip of his Special Olympics comment on Leno. To me it seemed like he was responding to Jay's patronizing and falsely reassuring comment on his score: "Oh that's very good.. yah.. that's very good Mr President". So of course if Jay Leno is talking to you like you're "special", you should respond. His response just wasn't thought out unfortunately. I wish he would've said "Don't patronize me Jay."

As for laughing at the interview on 60 minutes? Not that big a deal actually. What he said made sense. "The only thing less popular then putting money in the banks, is putting money in the auto-industry." The idea is laughable. And he laughed. Kroft didn't think it was funny. The laugh startled him and threw him off his game of being in control of an interview, and to try and swing things back into his control he goes and insults the President of The United States.

Or am I just seeing things differently?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by danj3ris
I think so, I was surprised at the Special Olympics joke (not funny) and I was put off by the laughing at our state of affairs (same as Kroft was) I haven't lost my job but if I was one of the millions that has, I would be pee-oed that he was acting like this is a big joke. He acts like he is an actor talking about his last film or something.
Maybe I am being a bit too harsh but I can't help how I feel about it.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by Terces Pot Evoba]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Terces Pot Evoba

Don't be embarrassed by it. Learn from it and how to see through it. No matter their promises, they're all politicians and they're all manipulative.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The problem is he promised impossibilities, and so many believe him. The Democrats have always pushed the “rich are evil so we are here for the poor” propaganda, and one needs to ask why? Well that answer is because the vote of a poor person counts just as equal as a upper middle class or rich person’s vote counts and there are many more poor than the other. I still remember watching a girl on TV saying she is voting for Obama because “he will pay all my bills and buy me a house”.

We can look back and see those eight years under Clinton and there were no big changes to the status quo, but the democrats preached it then as they do today. You just can’t cut taxes for everyone but the top 5% and then infuse socialized programs thinking it will all be paid for, but this type of message sure brings a lot of votes...well maybe not from the top 5%, but hell that leaves 95% open.

The biggest thing on my part was I saw a young wet behind the ears senator, and I still see him that way in his actions, in-actions, and over-actions. So I'm not really surprised at any of this boondoggle that seems to be going on in so many different directions in the white house. I hope he gets his act straight, but I will predict a terrorist attack in the next year will happen and that will be just one more continued failing on his part.

I’m not blaming him only…he got some real incompetent people behind the curtains, and I’m afraid Washington will soon or later eat him for lunch. As example: Hillary gives a Red Easy button with the wrong Russian word on it to their minister, and we continually see these miss steps in just about everything the white house does.

His party is backing off somewhat and once the media ends their love affair with him it will get real ugly.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by Xtrozero]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terces Pot Evoba

Originally posted by danj3ris
I think so, I was surprised at the Special Olympics joke (not funny) and I was put off by the laughing at our state of affairs (same as Kroft was) I haven't lost my job but if I was one of the millions that has, I would be pee-oed that he was acting like this is a big joke. He acts like he is an actor talking about his last film or something.
Maybe I am being a bit too harsh but I can't help how I feel about it.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by Terces Pot Evoba]

Well, if all of us forget how to "laugh" at ourselves, and the things that happen in our lives, I seriously think we have lost the battle. Personally, when I am stressed and things are going bad, I make jokes about what is going on. Sometimes, I make stupid jokes, and wish I could take it back, sometimes I make really good jokes. Joking, is a stress reliever, and known for a fact to give relief to stress, lower your blood pressure and heart rate and help someone to cope and make better decisions.

Yes, he made a joke that was in bad taste, I guess none of you guys who are up in arms have never said something and wished you had not? Maybe even felt bad about it? Nah, those of you complaining are just perfection in and of itself.

Peace

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
you voted obama and the world didn't instantly change, wow, what a shock.

as an outsider looking in i get the impression that the problem isn't the mans performance, it's peoples expectations.

i think perhaps a politician that answers a question honestly rather than politically isn't the worst thing in the world. if he isn't always thinking about saying the right thing he might tell the truth.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I was 100% against Obama being in office and voted for Mccain. However after he was elected I decided to give him a chance to prove himself. I think it is a little too soon to think he is a failure. He needs a little more time then 3 months to do anything. He didnt exactly inherit a good situation.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I think the main thing Americans need to learn from this past election is to listen to themselves and make their own decisions on what is important for their country, and NOT let the MSM decide for them. Journalism is completely dead in this country, and apparently 50% or more of the country doesn't see this, or doesn't see anything wrong with this. Both are equally frightening.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Hey Op, HOW DARE YOU MAKE A RACIST COMMENT LIKE THAT!

Just kidding.
Welcome to ATS.
Nice to know the effects of the KoolAid really does wear off after some time, that's reassuring.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
When 2 choices lead to the same things who is to blame?

Too bad Ron Paul didn't get the nomination, he would have won from Obama because you can't hide the truth forever.

Welcome here.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tide88
I was 100% against Obama being in office and voted for Mccain. However after he was elected I decided to give him a chance to prove himself. I think it is a little too soon to think he is a failure. He needs a little more time then 3 months to do anything. He didnt exactly inherit a good situation.

True, I think some of this is our society, which has turned into an immediate gratification society. We want (insert anything) RIGHT NOW. Not tomorrow, not next week and for sure not next year. GIVE ___ TO ME RIGHT NOW. Like children who have not been taught patience and perseverance.

Thank goodness my children have. Even to the point that my youngest has been known to save his money for TWO YEARS for an expensive item that he wanted. That's pretty good for someone who started saving, on his own when he was eight. And my oldest has been saving for several years to assist with buying a car when she is old enough.

Peace

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazed

Yes, he made a joke that was in bad taste, I guess none of you guys who are up in arms have never said something and wished you had not? Maybe even felt bad about it? Nah, those of you complaining are just perfection in and of itself.
Peace

The problem is people are starting to see he doesn't do so well off the teleprompter. He even thanked himself the other day on a goofed up prompter before he realized he was reading the wrong one. Hehe, as bad as Bush was communicating he never did that….lol

Thank you Mr President...wait that's me...WTH....is this thing still on...test...test...ok...everyone forget what I just said...can we talk about something else....I don't have my promps....Hillary!...I don't have my promps!!...ok get it together...am I talking out loud?....ok everyone also forget what I said after I told you all to forget...

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazed

Part of me agrees with that, but there's also another part that says you know what, he's the President of the United States. Do I hold him to a higher standard of behavior than I do a person on the street or even myself? You'd better believe I do.

Is that fair? Probably not, but on the other hand, at least half of leadership is the example you set. I can forgive and forget that incident, its not THAT big of a deal, but I expect the President to be a professional at what he does and in public appearances. He wasn't in that particular case.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by vor78]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
It is sad to see one person continue to take the heat for what is happening to this great nation.

We as a nation allow the government to divide us by race, by income, political parties, and any other way they can find.

We allow ourselves to be bought by our politicians with their promises of bringing money back into our states, regions, or districts.

It is not surprising that we as a nation are so divided and why we continue to elect the same people who have gotten us into this mess to be the ones to get us out of this mess.

Obama may be to blame for some of this, but as President his powers don't equate to those of Congress. Maybe when you voted for Obama for change, you should have voted for new representatives to help him deliver that change.

Reminds me of two threads i did during the election.

We allow the Government to control us

Forget the President, Think Congress

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join