It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Prepared for the Coming Tribulation?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
NP I think it's the fact that yes the title scares some people, because let's face it they are not educated and are not ready to live off the land.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrlJester

Originally posted by Northern Raider
but I suspect they will do what they always do and go very quiet or come up with a new daft date.

This has always been the case! But this thread isn't about the "Dooms Day" and who's religion is right about it. It about survival Techniques and becoming one with your surroundings again.

Cheers!

Valid point, I apologis unreservedly, BTW are you going to the Village Green Event in Berwick this summer ?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I would like to, but I scheduled to be active duty before the summer follows through. I'm still serving 4 yrs in the army. To be clear I'm Berwick,PA.

The manuals they give us in the army have great guides on survival and living off the land, but most of it is warfare. Maybe someone could look up a pdf on the army survival guide.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sizzle
reply to post by CrlJester

Thank you for your assistance. I seem to be having trouble getting that point across. I suppose that my title and opening are misleading. I didn't realize that so many ppl synonymize tribulation with doomsday. Thanks again.

Not so much with doomsday, more with religious nut jobs that are praying for the end-times, just so their lord can pop-up just before TSHTF and whisk them away to paradise.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I would like to, but I scheduled to be active duty before the summer follows through. I'm still serving 4 yrs in the army. To be clear I'm Berwick,PA.

The manuals they give us in the army have great guides on survival and living off the land, but most of it is warfare. Maybe someone could look up a pdf on the army survival guide.

Ah my mistake I'm thinking of Berwick Northumberland

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Sokay!
I was hoping Columbia cuz we could hang out and chat. There are not to many people around here who like to reason and chat for the sake of their betterment.lol

One interesting way to build a fire and keep it safe from wind at the same time feeding it air is called the "Dakota Fire Hole". here's a link to fire building www.googobits.com...

Hope this helps as fire is a primitive yet essential way to living.

Here is a great site on survival tech. www.survivaltopics.com...

Make fire ughgg, fire burn ahaaaa

[edit on 23-3-2009 by CrlJester]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Just have Faith. Faith cannot be assailed and needn't be defended. And cut down on your intake of idolatry — when TSHTF, all of your erstwhile idols will evaporate into thin air. For the most part, all you'll have left is your Faith.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nirgal
Not so much with doomsday, more with religious nut jobs that are praying for the end-times, just so their lord can pop-up just before TSHTF and whisk them away to paradise.

Who's praying for the end times???
The only ones I could possibly think of are the Phelps, "Thank God for dead soldiers"!
Blah, blah, blah.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I'm not acquainted with that religion — which one is it, exactly? In my Faith, I'm spiritually prepared for anything, be it tragedy or comedy; but I haven't heard of a religion that is specifically "praying for the end times"... I mean, that's like praying for Death, which is futile — Death comes whether or not you pray for it, and the so-called End Times will come without any help from whatever religion you're citing.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I really appreciate the efforts of those of you who are contributing in an adult manner, and are refraining from religion-bashing.
If ppl would take time to read more than the title or opening post; there wouldn't need to be any misunderstanding.
How many times have we stated that this topic is NOT religious, NOR end-of-the-world.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I'll make it easy to read. (not long winded)

NO RELIGIOUS BASHING!

ONLY SURVIVAL TIPS!

Idk if you've seen my above post, but this site deserves another post www.survivaltopics.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CrlJester

Thank you for your tireless efforts here.
I also appreciate your contribution to the thread.
A contribution that is appropriate and on-topic!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
My wife and I have been mountain backpackers for about ten years, and we've hiked into some wilderness places that are remote and absolutely dangerous around America. We learned along the way a lot of survival dos and don'ts, some of which have definitely saved our lives on more than one occasion.

Usually, when people start talking about the day TSHTF, one of the first things they mention is "bugging out," which means running for the hills, getting away from the cities and other centers of civilization — as if they will have a better chance of surviving on a mountainside or in a forest.

Total bunk.

If or when our civilized infrastructure collapses for whatever reason, your best base of survival is going to be your own home. Here's why:

1. You already have tons of survival gear stored around your home, whether or not you realize it, from blankets and medicine to canned foods and bottled water and more. You can't possibly load enough supplies into your bug-out vehicle and expect to survive longer than if you simply stayed at home. You have tons of survival gear right here at home, right under your nose! Home is base camp!

2. Most people are going to panic and mindlessly jump in their vehicles to "escape," probably having no idea where they are going or how they're going to survive. Millions of vehicles will choke the highways and byways, and the thousands of resulting collisions will block traffic, bringing it to a standstill. Gas stations will run out of fuel within hours. Supermarkets and convenience stores will be ransacked. The safest and smartest place for you to be as all this carnage transpires is in your own home.

3. You know your home and property better than anyone, and you are the best qualified to defend it. It would be very smart for you to immediately board-up all of your ground floor windows and doors except for your back door, which you will barricade from inside. You need at least one door through which you can escape should fire break out, right.

Given that you are not hysterically fleeing into the countryside (where you will die of starvation and exposure), you're already many steps ahead of everyone else. By simply choosing to stay in your home and defend it, your odds of survival are high double-digits above those who think they can survive in the wilderness.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 3/24/2009 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

I find the television show Man vs. Wild is very helpful for different areas of the world. I learned a good way to keep fire burning longer is a certain tree sap! I can't remember the exact tree, but educating one's self on survival is essential.

Umm, Man vs Wild is bogus. The host, Bear Grylis, was busted by his own producers for staying at a luxury hotel for several days when he was supposed to be "surviving" in the wilderness. Turns out all of his "survival" scenarios are set-ups, completely staged, he's never in any danger, and his production crew is right there to give him a candy bar or a cupcake or a back massage. I have no respect for that clown.

Les Stroud, on the other hand, the host of Survivor Man, is closer to the real deal. He sets up a real survival situation, his production crew leaves him for a week at a time in various locations, and Stroud addresses the basics: Shelter, water, fire and food. Even Stroud admits that some of his drops are too extreme for survival. Under the worst circumstances — no food, no water, constant assault by insects and large predators — Stroud will sometimes cut short the 7-day ordeal, expressing that he is not surviving, but only enduring.

That's an important distinction. Endurance is not self-perpetuating. Surviving is self-perpetuating.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 3/24/2009 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies

Who's praying for the end times???
The only ones I could possibly think of are the Phelps, "Thank God for dead soldiers"!
Blah, blah, blah.

Any thinking Christian won't be looking forward to the End Times. It will be a time of such tragedy and devastation that no one can effectively deal with.

Yes I believe in a Tribulation and my only preparation is be right with God. Just like I know there are aliens and other worlds and civilizations, I also firmly believe in the existence of God and His enemy Satan. Sorry if this offensive to some but that is my belief.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jmurman
Sorry if this offensive to some but that is my belief.

Who asked you for your beliefs? This is a thread about survival tech, not to see if your bug out story checks out with us. Frankly I couldn't care less what anyone else thinks they should do for the end!

I would by no means take a religious freak out to my bug shelter! I need people who can keep a calm head in times of extreme adversity!

If your gonna sit and pray while a shock wave rips the flesh from your bones, then by all means, but I'm heading for the hills so i can save humanity and keep our species going. Don't get swept up in emotion in times like that.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Listen "Doc"! I didn't post that to see who's tv show was better! I could care less if he was in a jacuzzi the whole taping of the show, the point is he give much better survival techs. than survivor man. I actually use a bunch of his tech. in the real thing, while most just watch it on their couch.

Not saying your one of them, I read you like to hike with your wife, great.

Get back to discussing survival tech you crazies!

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Listen "Jester"... You seem to be promoting the cut-and-run "bug out" mentality, which is going to get a lot of ignorant and hysterical people killed if there ever actually comes a meltdown. Tell you what, you take your little survival toys up into the hills and lose them in the creek, and I'll hole-up in my own home, and I can pretty much guarantee you that I'll be telling the story months later, while your bones are bleaching on a sunny hillside somewhere.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jmurman
Sorry if this offensive to some but that is my belief.

Who asked you for your beliefs? This is a thread about survival tech, not to see if your bug out story checks out with us. Frankly I couldn't care less what anyone else thinks they should do for the end!

I would by no means take a religious freak out to my bug shelter! I need people who can keep a calm head in times of extreme adversity!

No this threrad is about the coming Tribulation. If you want survival tech for a shtf situation then there are plenty of threads, comments and suggestions. The Tribulation is something quite different.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Yes, but this isn't my thread look for sizzles posts! She clearly miss led you when she posted this thread topic! It's not my place to try and enforce a survival tech. atmosphere because it's not my thread, but I don't need survival tips and sure enough "Doc" doesn't need them either?

As for your hot shot attitude "Doc", 2 words, we'll see! I am not worried about you and why should you worry about me, I'm not sorry if a bug crawled up your ass and you like to think your far superior I have put money down that you'll reply in a negative way to this post so please the least you could do is make me some money here!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join