It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Prepared for the Coming Tribulation?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrlJester
The link is here video.google.com...#

I agree an organic preparation is essential. And the answers are right under our noses. There are some good sites out there that can help. Finding certain plant that can be mixed or taken for herbal medicine is very intriguing. Good Thread!

Haaay! Another good idea. Medicines. There are some really great native american websites for more ideas on meds, and I believe there is one called, homeremedies.com . I'll check on that. Thanx!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker
I will post a related summary. SitX (situation X) is the term most used on the boards to describe a catastrophic event that will cause wide spread, long term Chaos.

Read this...
CRS Report for Congress

stop-emp.com...

This EMP scenerio is quite plausible and could happen at anytime as we cannot control a "natural" EMP event as we had in 1859.

www.pubrecord.org...

stop-emp.com...

The situation described above by Dr. Wood does not only apply to a large nuclear EMP attack. A geomagnetic superstorm, such as the 1859 Carrington solar flare, would also produce a similar disaster.

www.solarstorms.org...

I almost missed this post. Thanx.
I have never heard of sitX. I will read up on this when I catch a break.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Next, we must have light. Save your crystals!

The mysterious light that is created when you forcefully rub two quartz crystals together is a known property of certain crystals called triboluminescence (see definition below). You can also produce the triboluminescence effect by chewing on Wint O Green Lifesavers in the dark. Try it in a dark bathroom in front of the mirror and chew with your mouth open (or try placing the lifesaver between your front teeth and snapping it in half with your teeth and fingers). Talk about a bright smile!

Triboluminescence:
"For several decades people have been playing in the dark with triboluminescence using wintergreen-flavored Lifesavers candy. The idea is to break the hard, donut-shaped candy in the dark. Usually a person looks in a mirror or peers into a partner's mouth while crunching the candy to see the resulting blue sparks.

Triboluminescence is light produced while striking or rubbing two pieces of a special material together. It is basically light from friction, as the term comes from the Greek tribein, meaning "to rub," and the Latin prefix lumin, meaning "light". In general, luminescence occurs when energy is input into atoms from heat, friction, electricity, or other sources. The electrons in the atom absorb this energy. When the electrons return to their usual state, the energy is released in the form of light.

The spectrum of the light produced from the triboluminescence of sugar (sucrose) is the same as the spectrum of lightning. Lightning originates from a flow of electrons passing through air, exciting the electrons of nitrogen molecules (the primary component of air), which emit blue light as they release their energy. Triboluminescence of sugar can be thought of as lightning on a very small scale.

www.primitiveways.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by sizzle

Originally posted by infolurker
I will post a related summary. SitX (situation X) is the term most used on the boards to describe a catastrophic event that will cause wide spread, long term Chaos.

Read this...
CRS Report for Congress

stop-emp.com...

This EMP scenerio is quite plausible and could happen at anytime as we cannot control a "natural" EMP event as we had in 1859.

www.pubrecord.org...

stop-emp.com...

The situation described above by Dr. Wood does not only apply to a large nuclear EMP attack. A geomagnetic superstorm, such as the 1859 Carrington solar flare, would also produce a similar disaster.

www.solarstorms.org...

I almost missed this post. Thanx.
I have never heard of sitX. I will read up on this when I catch a break.

SitX: any situation, natural or man-made, that changes our world in a negative way.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
For info on skinning animals, here are two references:
www.primitiveways.com...
www.primitiveways.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Next, we have some ideas of easy primitive shelter.

This skills program presents skills for building primitive shelters. This is the fifth in a series featuring primitive technologies experts from Primitive Ways. Other shows in this series are edition 141, First Skills, edition 146, Starting with Fire, edition 150, Ancient Firemaking, and edition 155, Primal Grooming.

Using primitive tools and natural materials, naturalist Norm Kidder explains how to choose a sheltered location, demonstrates how to cut wood with a rock, and describes how to build a basic lean-to structure.

The Primitive Ways website has many articles on primitive shelter construction. Another source of information on primitive skills is the Society of Primitive Technologies.

www.wildebeat.net...

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
We also might need to clean ourselves and utensils.
Look for, "Extracting soap suds from a yucca leaf."
www.primitiveways.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
If you live in an area of wetlands or areas of seasonal flooding, this might be helpful on making a primitive boat.

The following article is a pictorial process of the construction of a tule boat. The main material used is tule, a sedge of the genus Schoenoplectus (formerly Scirpus). Tule grows in wetlands or areas of seasonal flooding. The interior of each long tule stem is filled with spongy tissue packed with air cells. It is the pithy interior of the tule stem that makes it such a unique and useful form of water transportation. Tule boats, or tule balsas, were used by California Natives to travel across inlets, deep marshes, lakes and bays.

A core of willow saplings provided shape and rigidity to the bundled tule form. The materials utilized for lashing in the photographs were 2-ply cattail cordage and split grape vines. Long willow withes and dogbane cordage were also used for tying tule boats together.

www.primitiveways.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
In summary, we have some tips on fire, light, shelter, boats, medicines, soap making, hide-tanning (skinning) and simple tools.
Can anyone think of any other basic necessities?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

There will be an arranged war with China before such a tribulation occurs. This will effect all nations and wars will happen on a global scale. Destruction will come quickly for many nations, proceeding with earthquakes of great magnitude, new volcanic activity, storms of every kind and an unpredictable sea on the rise. All these things will happen together and at around the same time and come quickly. The earth will shake to and fro, This will be due to incoming objects/forces coming, this is inside knowledge of the earths transformation cycle, those in high places already know of these things, Deals have been made and pre-arranged with for-knowledge of what is coming. Unfortunately what is to occur is not in the best interest of the populations of the world, When these times arrive a pole shift that most were never prepared for will reshape the planet and will happen quickly. Earth and all life will undergo a new transformation. Time will stop and change perception of reality. This event will not happen in 2012 according to our calendar but could happen before or after that date.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by Jennifer07]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Jennifer07

That is very enlightening info, Jen.
I am acquainted with most of what you said. Revelations, Daniel and parts of the Gospels, (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John).
But thanx for the info on China. Can you enlighten further?

Ps: My bad. China is oft seen as the country with the million-man army. Right?

[edit on 23-3-2009 by sizzle]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrlJester
This to most people is just hype built up over centuries! You have to understand that our economy is failing because of criminals(politicians). The weather is in a pattern due to sun spots! This is a warmer period says historians. This same period can be seen in the middle ages. The polar ice caps are not melting. As for the tribulations(apocalypse), I have grow tired of living! If it passes I'll be a big mess? No! There have been several prophecies and most of them were not accurate. All of them are based off human flaws and therefore very predictable. Like greed! Abraham Lincoln had predicted our economic crisis long ago, just based off the "greed" factor.

Don't go around saying the world is nigh and the four horseman are gonna jump us, because people don't need to worry about the fictional future they need to shape their present. When it passes, the supposed date is 12/12/2012, they are gonna be coming out with newer dates.

I hear ya on that one brother.. im more worried about our current economy and whether or not Im going to be fighting some average joe for the right to eat in a couple years rather than the end of the world...

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ki11ma11

I encourage you to read more of this thread and you will see that most of your concerns are covered. America, the people, might not have very much say, in the coming events. This is not a doomsday thread. Thanx for commenting.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
For those that are still a bit confused; tribulation or The Great Tribulation, is NOT the end of the world. It is only a time of severe hardships. I think we should PREPARE as if it is on the horizon and LIVE as if it won't ever happen. There is a difference.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

Nope, I am not prepared for it. But just like anything I encounter in my life, I respond and rise to the occasion. What, me worry? Alfred E. Neuman.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I don't recall how to embed a video, but plz follow the link below for a 6 minute video that packs a wallop on the state-of-affairs in this country. Thomas Payne encourages sending a teabag to Washington, to be a reminder of the famous Boston Tea Party. Is it time for another one? I think so.
We The People Stimulus Package
video.google.com...#

[edit on 23-3-2009 by sizzle]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sizzle

Cries of woe and doom are being heard around the world. Are we ever-nearing the Great Tribulation. Some prophecies predict a time of great woe, like the world has never seen. Nostradamus and the Bible are among these.

Although personally I believe that the majority of the US will be destroyed in the tribulation (the US is NOT as important as some people would have you believe... only Israel is) I am excited to see it happen and hope that I am alive long enough to see Jesus ride down from the clouds in Triumph and Glory. Now wouldn't that be something to see!!!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I sincerely hope the gloom and doom mongers will do us all the service of shooting themselves on Jan 1St 2013 if the world does not end, but I suspect they will do what they always do and go very quiet or come up with a new daft date.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Northern Raider
but I suspect they will do what they always do and go very quiet or come up with a new daft date.

This has always been the case! But this thread isn't about the "Dooms Day" and who's religion is right about it. It about survival Techniques and becoming one with your surroundings again.

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CrlJester

Thank you for your assistance. I seem to be having trouble getting that point across. I suppose that my title and opening are misleading. I didn't realize that so many ppl synonymize tribulation with doomsday. Thanks again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join