It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Prepared for the Coming Tribulation?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Cries of woe and doom are being heard around the world. Are we ever-nearing the Great Tribulation. Some prophecies predict a time of great woe, like the world has never seen. Nostradamus and the Bible are among these.

Amidst the predictions are famine (starvation, et al), plagues and pestilence, wars and rumors of war, earthquakes and tremors in various places, topsy-turvy weather, etc. Are you prepared?

With the flailing economy of our nation (U.S.), preparation for tough times would be wise. How serious these trials will be, is anyone's guess.

I believe that forewarned is forearmed. I have been browsing some websites, for ideas on how to survive in the most primitive fashion.
I will list a few here and invite you to add your own ideas. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I will start with fire, cooking and wood-gathering. Some of this will be second nature to some. But there are many in our population that have no idea how to begin.

Primitive Cooking
by Norm Kidder
Cooking Fires
FIREWOOD - There are many things which make some woods burn hotter than others - rate of growth, resin content, age of tree, part of tree, structure of the wood itself. As a general rule, fire making woods that are good for making friction fires make bad firewoods, since they are low density and resinless. The best woods include oak, hickory, madrone, manzanita, mesquite, and other dense hardwoods. The worst woods include pine sapwood and many other softwoods and willow, although these make good kindling. Wet wood burns cooler than dry wood, but burns relatively longer. Heart wood burns hotter than sapwood in general. Rotten wood is good for producing smoke, but not heat or light. Charcoal burns hotter than the wood it was made from as the volatile gases which produce flames burn at a relatively low temperature. So your coals are the hottest part of the fire, not the flames. Light comes from the burning gases. The firewood you can actually get always burns better than the firewood you wish you had, but you'll need more of the poor stuff. Think of wood as calories. Better wood has more calories per piece, so can do more work.

www.primitiveways.com...

[edit on 22-3-2009 by sizzle]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
What is a tribulation?
And what exactly does it have to do with anything?
Isn't it religious stuff?

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BorgHoffen
What is a tribulation?
And what exactly does it have to do with anything?
Isn't it religious stuff?

Hi Borg,
Thanks for asking. I can look it up for you, but what it means to me is, a period of time filled with severe trials such as the ones mentioned in opening post.
And no, tribulation is not necessarily a religious thing. It is spoken of in the Bible, but Nostradamaus, among others, speaks of these perilous times.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
This to most people is just hype built up over centuries! You have to understand that our economy is failing because of criminals(politicians). The weather is in a pattern due to sun spots! This is a warmer period says historians. This same period can be seen in the middle ages. The polar ice caps are not melting. As for the tribulations(apocalypse), I have grow tired of living! If it passes I'll be a big mess? No! There have been several prophecies and most of them were not accurate. All of them are based off human flaws and therefore very predictable. Like greed! Abraham Lincoln had predicted our economic crisis long ago, just based off the "greed" factor.

Don't go around saying the world is nigh and the four horseman are gonna jump us, because people don't need to worry about the fictional future they need to shape their present. When it passes, the supposed date is 12/12/2012, they are gonna be coming out with newer dates.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Just so that everyone is clear; this is not about religion. Even our nation's economists are predicting severe hardships on the horizon. Our only comparison to date, would be, The Great Depression of the 20th century.
Hope that helps.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CrlJester

I appreciate yor insight on this. And I'm not basing this thread on Biblical insight. I suppose it would have been best not to have even mentioned it, because ppl will get their fur flying on the wrong subject.
I had hoped we could all share ideas on surviving any situation, no matter the cause.
Let's pretend that we are hit with an asteroid, we have lost power, clean water, etc. OK?

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
There is no denying severe hardships! Absolutely I have no doubt your correct on that. It's on here somewhere on ATS look for "Obama Deceit" on google. it's only 1hr and 51 mins long and it's worth it. You will be able to see for yourself why they can predict our future economic fails! It's not all obama bashing just so you know.

I'm not one of those dudes bashing Pres. Obama and then people say give him a break he's only been in 3 months! It isn't just him and i'd appreciate it if you took the time to watch the documentary.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Thank you for the reference.
I'm not into Obama bashing either. But I am not pleased with his ideas. Thanx.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sizzle

Thank you for the reference.
I'm not into Obama bashing either. But I am not pleased with his ideas. Thanx.

Definitely! and no problem! But when watching that video you'll realize he's just a puppet. That's why there is no point to bashing him. There are higher powers at work here and it all has to do with money! greed. the illusion of power. It really sickens me and I see it on the news everyday.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I will post a related summary. SitX (situation X) is the term most used on the boards to describe a catastrophic event that will cause wide spread, long term Chaos.

There are Many threats and of course many of the SitX scenarios "end" with the same results and or timeline of expected events. Economic collapse, Asteroid strike, Super Volcano, Nuclear War, EMP / Gama burst, EMP weapon, etc.

Most people are oblivious to the threats and implications afterward. I for one rank EMP as the greatest expected threat.

Read this...
CRS Report for Congress

stop-emp.com...

This EMP scenerio is quite plausible and could happen at anytime as we cannot control a "natural" EMP event as we had in 1859.

www.pubrecord.org...

stop-emp.com...

A high-yield nuclear weapon is not necessary to perform an EMP attack that would destroy U.S. critical infrastructures. One of the EMP Commission’s key findings reported to the U.S. Congress is that: “Certain types of relatively low-yield nuclear weapons can be employed to generate potentially catastrophic EMP effects over wide geographic areas, and designs for variants of such weapons may have been illicitly trafficked for a quarter-century.”

The situation described above by Dr. Wood does not only apply to a large nuclear EMP attack. A geomagnetic superstorm, such as the 1859 Carrington solar flare, would also produce a similar disaster.

www.solarstorms.org...

So to sum it up, Man-made or Natural EMP can take this country down quick. It would take an estimated 30 years to replace the grid components damaged in a major EMP strike. No electricity for years... think about it.

This would cause a sitx scenario without warning.

This is just one of the high probability threats.

Barring "extinction" events, all of these sitx disaster cause the same thing... long term disruption of electrical and transportation systems.... which means immediate disruption of FOOD!

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to put 2 + 2 together. Better safe than sorry.

But really, there are numerous Sitx possibilities that are both Natural and Manmade. We used to have a "Civil Defense" plan in this country..... more than ever we need one now!

Now that food is not grown and sold locally and everything depends on transportation and electricity, we are more vulnerable as a country now than ever before.

Not spending a small amount of money to have months worth of food on hand is pure stupidity to me. Do you spend money on Insurance? Would you not have homeowners insurance if it wasn't mandatory. Would you risk your entire home financial investment on a single accident... probably not.

So, take the $1,500 bucks you were going to spend on a freeking TV and go buy some "insurance".

People will spend 30 bucks a week on cigarettes but not have more than a weeks worth of food at home.... I can't really blame people for being stupid... just un-educated I guess but put it in perspective... a small investment on something you are going to use and could save your life... seems like a no brainer to me.

I would say your best bet is to have a pre-positioned cache of canned food and concealed shelter.

Why? Well, Authorities will move quickly to seize food warehouses and retail outlets just as they will in the U.S.

The National Guard in the US already practices mobilization exercises to secure of food stores / warehouses. Local Police will do the same thing at the local level.

Of course it is for the good of everyone that they do so so hoarders don't take everything in the event of a short term disaster.

Of course, this is not so good in the event of a long term disaster such as catastrophic EMP.

During a long term (endgame) problem, here is my expected timetable of events. This is a Continental or World event only description here. A common hurricane or disaster would not cause the steps below:

#1 Martial Law, food will be rationed by the authorities with first priority to soldiers, police, 1st responders. Large cities may be abandoned by the Authorities if they cannot control the situation, taking as much with them as possible if the population cannot be controlled (chaos).

#2 As time goes on, Door to door search and seizure of food held by "hoarders" of food and ammunition.

#3 If the disaster is discovered to be nationwide and the "authority" in charge knows that there is no relief and probably will not be relief, #2 may come almost immediately. And if it is that bad... as soon as the Authority knows or suspects how bad it is, they will determine that their well being and their families trumps everyone else and they must take what THEY can to survive and will move out or fortify with all of the supplies they have acquired from the stores / warehouses and confiscation / seizure.

#4 Armed bands will regiment within days to weeks and if the authorities haven't already went door to door, they will.

#5 Federal / State authorities may also go town to town to "acquire" supplies from the populous or food storage that the local authorities have secured. (Battles will erupt)

#6 Both Gangs and Refugees will leave the cities and blood will spill through the suburbs... then the countryside.

#7 What's left of communities / people will flock to one of two strategies... Defensive Group Homesteaders and mobile looting armies.

If ANYONE knows you have anything.. you will be a target. Just having some supplies at home or "more" supplies will not help you.

I really feel for the citizens of the UK an Europe because the "authorities" will be armed and the people will not. You will be at the mercy both gangs and authorities.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Do you have a link for the video? I searched google, but am not sure what to look for. There are numerous references.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

Thank you. That was the kind of response I was hoping for. But, for those that do not prepare with canned goods, etc.; I wanted to put some more primitive means out there.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
The link is here video.google.com...#

I agree an organic preparation is essential. And the answers are right under our noses. There are some good sites out there that can help. Finding certain plant that can be mixed or taken for herbal medicine is very intriguing. Good Thread!

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Here is another tidbit of info on the 1st topic. Cooking Primitive.

The easiest, but slowest way to get a bed of coals is to build a huge log fire and wait a few hours. This takes the least effort and the most wood. To get quick efficient coals, burn small pieces of wood. In the Scouts, the rule was to find wood (or split it into pieces) the diameter of your thumb. These were neatly stacked next to the fire and added as needed to maintain a constant temperature. When cooking directly on the coals, the new wood is added at one end of the fire and the coals are pushed down into the cooking area. If you are using wood that doesn't make coals, you need to add pieces very often to maintain any heat.

Fire pit construction varies according to weather conditions, wind direction, what and how much you are cooking and the type of fire wood that is available. Once your fire is started the two important things to manage are fuel, mentioned above, and air flow. If you are building a fire in a windy place such as the grassy plains of the Dakotas, you need to dig out a deep fire well.

www.primitiveways.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Two things I try to get people to understand is "concealment" and "self-defense" as you can't survive long if there are people coming to take all that you have.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I find the television show Man vs. Wild is very helpful for different areas of the world. I learned a good way to keep fire burning longer is a certain tree sap! I can't remember the exact tree, but educating one's self on survival is essential.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker
Two things I try to get people to understand is "concealment" and "self-defense" as you can't survive long if there are people coming to take all that you have.

That's a great topic for this thread.
Can you add some ideas or techniques?

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Making a Bow From a Sapling

In the event that you do not have store-bought or ready-made weapons for protection or hunting, here is one of the simplest.

For your sapling bow projects: Try to find a straight sapling of some hardwood about 2" thick where the handle will be. If you can find or borrow a saw, that will help you cut the bow staves and will work out better than chopping and breaking them off at the base.

Most hardwoods are good bow woods. If you avoid conifers, poplars and willows you should be in good shape. The Maples, the Oaks, Beech, Black Locust (Robina Pseudoscacia) or Honey Locust all work, and many other. Out on the West Coast of the United States, people have reported good luck with Juniper and Bay Laurel. The premium bow woods Osage Orange and Yew require special preparation and I am not considering them here.

Cut the staff, let it be as long as you are tall (at least nose height), free of knots and with no spiral twist up the trunk. Split it in half lengthwise. From the end it should look like a "D". The bark side will be the back of the bow. Strip the bark off, but otherwise don't touch it and don't cut into the outer growth ring.

You may be thinking that you could actually get two staves out of this sapling. You can in theory. In practice, I have found it difficult to achieve this by splitting the staff. You might have better luck with a saw. Usually I end up with one staff and some kindling.

www.primitiveways.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrlJester
I find the television show Man vs. Wild is very helpful for different areas of the world. I learned a good way to keep fire burning longer is a certain tree sap! I can't remember the exact tree, but educating one's self on survival is essential.

That is also a good reference. I've also noted some good ideas on The History Channel and NGC.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join