It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Main Reason Why Our Great Republic is Being destroyed.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RedCairo

You are right. We have allowed the Corporation to be in power, and now with the passing of Bill H.R. 1388, which representatives of both standing parties voted for, and which gives complete power and control of this thing called The Corporation over all the educational programs, and all the voluntary and required Community Services, we lost a great deal of power.

But this is no excuse to allow for more repressive laws to be implemented, or to allow the present repressive laws to continue to exist.

We still have legal means to fight against this, so lets use them before we lose them all.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I am not trying to dismiss your contributions. I am not really certain what you've contributed to this society since 1989...the year I graduated high school, but if they are important to you, then that is all that matters.

This country was much closer to total collapse in 1974 and has been experiencing something of a rebirth during the years since your arrival, but you seem to be sticking with your assertion that their is something people like me are unaware of or that we cannot handle.

There has been a lot of incitement going on lately and I suspect you will be very disappointed when this all resolves itself and you discover that these people you fear so profoundly have walked into a historic trap from which the only escape is suicide.

I know they walked into a trap...because I set it! Like I keep telling you there is no hope for the enemies of this country.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by huckfinn

Ah, I see, so I guess in your eyes I have to be born in the United States in order for you to see me as an American? Or for you to even value the life experiences, which obviously you haven't, I have gone through which alongside that of others can help stop the same thing happening in the Republic?

I guess in your eyes, every American citizen, or even legal citizen who has taken an oath to protect, and uphold the Constitution of the United States, and many of whom like myself have served honorably under one, or several of the U.S. branches, are not real Americas, and they have to do something in your eyes to be worth it?

I have not done anything, that would forever change this nation, and despite you claiming the contrary, I am sure you haven't either.

Not one person, except for the President, and or those in charge of the Corporation, can make any real definite changes now, unless the people set aside their differences and decide to stop this complete take over by the Corporation.

I have contributed in many ways, and tried my best to make possitive changes. I have kept myself informed, and voted even while in the military. I have served this country honorably, and like many other people I have done things that if mentioned will only destroy the meaning of those actions.

With all due respect, I really don't care if in your eyes I have to pass some test in order for you to consider me an American. I am an American, and I don't need your consent, or your approval to be one, or, and to fight for what it means.

In 1974 this nation was not given over to the Corporation completely, only now has that been done, and soon enough, if Americans don't leave aside their differences and stop what is happening, then we will have no choices whatsoever.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Actually my wife was born in the Phillipines and I insist that she teach our son Tagalog, so that he knows that part of himself. Of course you know, since you know so much about America that my wife is an Emperors daughter.

The reason I don't consider your accomplishments to be worthy of note or your advice worthy of action is because of the lack of understanding you have demostrated in your posts.

1. You think that only the President has power to make lasting changes. This is Huck Finn you're conversating with...the President of the US is MY Reflection...I am in control of your Republic. The only thing he can do is what I do first.

2. You think I have done nothing for this country...Haven't you read my story? I am the man in this piece, most of these people are my children.

3. The graveyards across this country are filled up with my old flesh and bones. I drink the water from these lakes and rivers and eat the food that creeps on and springs forth from the land.

This land was once a Monarchy, your Republic can live or die I don't really care. I see you as a person who has entered the story near the end and wants me to fight for something that probably isn't worth saving.

I figure we'll still have 50 states...we'll create a new government, no big deal. As far as your repeated threats of slavery...the gang bangers are killing cops now before they run, they don't just run anymore...if what you say happens, those people have a whole new problem and the gun fire is going to be coming from every possible direction.

I have control of the Military...Your slavemasters got crooked cops with pistols, I have bonafide Killers that will huff and puff and blow your house down.

Your view of the world...is hopelessly doomed to destruction.

There is no hope, I assure you of this.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by huckfinn]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Not sure how this all escalated into some sort of bizarre arguement... don't really care. I just had another 2 cents to chip in.

I have been pondering the actions of the Fed, Obama's administration, and the corporate (private?) sector. I heard on "Marketplace" on NPR (I know, I know- slightly biased) about the "new" plan to get rid of banks' toxic assets. It was pretty succinct, and I really wish I remembered the economist that was speaking, but here is what he said in paraphrase:

Basically, there's going to be an escrow comprised of a little "private" money, and a LOT of Federal money. They hope to purchase roughly a trillion (with a "t") dollars worth of (basically) "bad" mortgages, lines of credit, etc... Here's the thing... IF (BIG if) they make a profit, the profit is shared EQUALLY between the Fed (and supposedly- WE, the taxpayers), and the private investors. Ok, that sounds pretty good for the investors, no?
If the investment, however, takes a loss: The loss will be shared equally as well. Caveat: Up to a 14% loss. FDIC (WE the taxpayers) covers the rest.

Almost fooled you by putting that part last, right? Yeah... There's no fooling you guys.

I think this sounds eerily of Mussolini's Italia, c.1931ish... Any body else see this corporate/public merger as any other thing?

Someone re-animate Thomas Jefferson, John Hancock, Sam and John Adams, and General Washington. We need them.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by cbianchi513

Well, do you know how Mussolini's story end's. It was pretty bad. I am sure everyone on the Capitol knows how Mussolini's story ends and the story of his whole family.

The reason it turned into a bizarre argument is because the poster keeps telling people that they should attack and overthrown their government before ITS to late.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by huckfinn

Not sure I agree... like I said, not my problem.

I agree that leaders should take heed of the examples made of past tyrants, and strive to avoid such fates by committing virtuous acts.

Alas, these are American politicians we're talking about here...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join