It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two US Navy ships collide off Iran

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Q: You know what the best kind of "Marine" is?

A: A "sub" marine

sorry....just an old bubblehead joke

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by XIZTENZ
[off-topic content removed]

1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content. You will also not use common alternative spellings or net-speak alternative for profane words.

[edit: quoted content]

[edit on 21-3-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Like a few other people said on here, there are a couple CO's XO's, and Navigators that will be departing their commands for a nice quiet retirement running DRMO or a weather station in Alaska. I was stationed on the USS Tarawa for 3 yrs and I'm suprised we never got into any accidents. We lost a Commadore to sexaul harassment though. He hit on the Jag, go figure.

-Aza

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
bleh it double posted

[edit on 21-3-2009 by Azathoth]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I heard about this on many different news sites and stations. What is this? They Keystone Cops join the US Navy?
Does the military choose to be silly when a Jimmy Carter type president runs the administration? Remember the rescue of the hostages in Iran in 1979? About 300 miles from Tehran helicopters crashed into themselves? What the hell were they doing setting troops down so far from Tehran? Is this a plan to make Iran think we are bumbling fools?f Uh, are we bumbling fools? lol. Oh, there's got to be a conspiracy somewhere here. lol. By the way, I was a long time member of the US Army and I saw many stupid bumbling think happening. In fact, at my retirement ceremony I was given NO awards,lol, becuase I always spoke out about stupid things and stupid people. About 4 months after I retired I received an Army Achievment Medal in the mail. I laughed loudly, showed it to my kids and said, this is what happens whebn you server proudly and point out stupdity. And then I promptly tossed the medal in the garbage can.
I thought, how about a bronze star for saving some soldiersl lives during Desert Storm. Not a chance, because in my after action report I pointed out the incompetence of the commander for choosing the original course of action. By the way, the Colonel receivedn a Silver Star for his outstanding bravery in ordering his driver to shoot at a shadow whichb turned out to be a camel, on reconnasaince I am sure, and the Colonel couldn't fire on it himself because his pistol hadn't been cleaned for 7 months and was full of sand. LOL. Anyway, I just had to respond to this SNAFU by the military.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azathoth
Like a few other people said on here, there are a couple CO's XO's, and Navigators that will be departing their commands for a nice quiet retirement running DRMO or a weather station in Alaska. I was stationed on the USS Tarawa for 3 yrs and I'm suprised we never got into any accidents. We lost a Commadore to sexaul harassment though. He hit on the Jag, go figure.

-Aza

I was on that old tub too! "Good" old LHA-1 was my FMF hell... Along with LHD-7 (Iwo) You know they are decomming her on 31MAR? (Tarawa)

[edit on 21/3/09 by cbianchi513]

[edit on 21/3/09 by cbianchi513]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Both ships arrived in Bahrain safely. The USS Hartford reportedly has significant damage to her sail. Both ships were on their way to port for shore leave and provisions. All 15 injuries were on the Hartford.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join