It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSN debunks the top 10 conspiracies

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
This one is in of itself very curious.

Finally lunar rocks, much older than any rocks on Earth, have been worked upon by several scientific institutions unrelated to NASA.

From Top 10 Conspiracy Theories-Conspiracy 7-Moon Landings

Now if the Moon was formed from a chunk of the Earth that got blasted away from a major impact, why the hell would they say that rocks on the Moon would be older than rocks on Earth if the Moon is made from elements OF THE EARTH!???

A conspiracy within a conspiracy. Like a riddle wrapped up inside an enigma going into a black hole and out the white hole and around a rat maze.

Curious.

Cheers!!!!

The Earth is a dynamic system. The rocks on the surface are "recycled" through tectonic action. So any rocks we can find are 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc., generation rocks. Nothing mysterious about it.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
meh

[edit on 11-4-2009 by C0le]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I'm seriously irked. They didn't have Pearl Harbor on the list.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Ridiculous - it's crap like this that makes the lot of us look like whack jobs...

The intense nature of the fires, caused by aviation fuel and the length of time they were able to burn, have been proven to have caused the collapse of the towers, including the tower that wasn't a specific target.

Hmm.. So the plane which flew (how many miles exactly from takeoff to the crash?) had enough jet fuel to burn ONE building down (how many stories high?) and the one NEXT to it (what, was the wind just that powerful?)

JFK

The core of the conspiracy is that of the three bullets fired by Oswald, one missed, one hit Kennedy alone, and a third (the single or "magic" bullet, depending on your viewpoint) passed through Kennedy's neck and then caused Governor Conally's chest, wrist, and thigh wounds.

Oh Please. And whatever you do, please be sure to avoid mentioning the trajectory of both rounds fired - and the angle of which they hit the President....

Roswell

It was a weather balloon.

Ah yes, that explains it all. Had to laugh at how this is how they chose to open the debunking session around The Roswell Incident...

Moon Landing

There is a lot of evidence of man on the Moon. Not least is that the Soviet Union tracked the landings at the time and accepted the achievement.

My favorite part, is how they have a picture - with the flying flag....
right next to their 1-paragraph-debunking sesh.

AIDS

AIDS was manufactured by US scientists in biological weapon laboratories and was deliberately introduced into the US homosexual and black African communities. Search for a cure is delayed by the pharmaceutical companies who profit from the vast number of drugs used by sufferers to suppress the progress of the disease.

OKay... and this isn't plausible....? Right.... keep popping your pain meds...

Princess Diana - How the hell is this rated above JFK & 911....? No disrespect... I just wonder is all..

- I never thought there was a conspiracy here..

Global Warming

...with it, the need for governments to find a replacement fear factor to control their populations and scientists to be able to justify funding.

...specifically the release of carbon dioxide from the burning of fossil fuels, are at least part of the cause.

*Quote cut for relevance, and bolded.

Create a global problem, provide a global solution = unite the world with promises of "We know what's best for the world, believe in us, put your trust in us." Make money under a guise of "possible world destruction..."

Part of the problem? Right, and who caused the last ice age? Or the last Flood (no biblical references please)? It couldn't possibly be that the world is going through its natural cycle....now... could it?

NWO

...in fact control the major political organizations and media outlets and determine history towards a system of world government.

...If there is such a society, one would have to note that they are pretty incompetent.

Quote cut for relevance

Right... because simply stating "They are pretty incompetent" proves, and supports the justification of such a conspiracy theory being debunked... Huh. That's not an explanation, nor does it prove anything.

Now.. good investigative journalism, would have led this writer here - where they could sift through some archives, and no doubt, come up with better counter arguments then this.

Tell me, how does the writer say "Well, this is the ultimate in conspiracy theories." about the NWO, then offer such a half-assed explanation..?

Interesting...

- Carrot

[edit on 4/11/2009 by CA_Orot]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
What's funny, is that quite a few members of ATS use those same caliber of arguments, especially the Freemasons here.

Don't throw "stones," people.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
In response to the 5th..........

I cant believe that this has been running on msn so long....
There are far too many people out there with their heads in the sand.........

I just had a look on their messageboard and was surprized to see that the responses were far and few between........
I can just imagine what the response would be like if the same were posted here.....................
the whole site would go into overload, the servers would explode under the pressure!!!!!
I would hope that with current events as they are, the realization that WE ARE CONSTANTLY BEING LIED TO, will lead people to question things more.

TPTB will have to be a lot sharper............I am convinced that this is the beginnings of a massive AWAKENING........

Hightened awareness, shift in consiousness, enlightenment, slap in the face with the wet fish of reality, call it what you want..............

As Bob Dylan once sang "The times they are a changing".............

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
ou’d expect us to rubbish such experts on the Illuminati such as David Icke (we're some of us lizards, you know). If there is such a society, one would have to note that they are pretty incompetent.

hahaha i agree with this.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I read that list and I found their attempts to debunk all of these to be shoddy at best. This was played for laughs the MSM wants everyone to be nice perfectly behaved mindless consumers and zombies it's easier for them and the government to rob you that way.

[edit on 033030p://3026 by mike dangerously]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I notice that no one is brave enough to put their name to that travesty.
We can only hope that this monumentally insipid article only inspires people to find the actual facts.

OT - I despise this character minimum policy.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Wow that's total bull. Complete lies from the popular media!
Makes me sick that they assume they know everything about all conspiracy theories. Honestly, do they think we are that dumb? I'm sure some sheeple are.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Top 10 Conspiracy Theories - MSN Encarta
You’d expect us to rubbish such experts on the Illuminati such as David Icke (we're some of us lizards, you know).

read that. it isn't even worded correctly.

amature msn columnist. i expected more from encarta.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by memoir

No it sure does not. But the Bohemian Grove and the Nazi’s do. I still think we need to find some good rope and trees for all our traitors of BOTH political parties.

Mod Edit: Review This Link: ABOUT ATS: General ATS discussion etiquette: Posting In All Bold

[edit on 4/13/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
That was a terribly written article.

About #10

Flaws in the theory: Well, this is the ultimate in conspiracy theories. You don't know that Encarta is not an agent of this New World Order. You’d expect us to rubbish such experts on the Illuminati such as David Icke (we're some of us lizards, you know). If there is such a society, one would have to note that they are pretty incompetent.

Wait, what kind of logic is this? We know that the elite are meeting in secret and whatever regardless if they want to do it by accident or intentionally they are moving towards a global society, hence globalization, hence they want a world government. To think this is not true is silly. Of course there are globalists in the political establishment.

Silly MSN.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
thats got to be the most narrow minded piece of debunking ever. Sad that many people will read it and believe it!!

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The only thing that is debunked about 9/11 is that Al-Qaeda weren't involved (they were).

However, what if the govt let them do it? or even helped?

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

that's because the earths rocks are constantly recycled from core to crust, wheras the moon has no such geological cycle

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
This one is in of itself very curious.

Finally lunar rocks, much older than any rocks on Earth, have been worked upon by several scientific institutions unrelated to NASA.

From Top 10 Conspiracy Theories-Conspiracy 7-Moon Landings

Now if the Moon was formed from a chunk of the Earth that got blasted away from a major impact, why the hell would they say that rocks on the Moon would be older than rocks on Earth if the Moon is made from elements OF THE EARTH!???

A conspiracy within a conspiracy. Like a riddle wrapped up inside an enigma going into a black hole and out the white hole and around a rat maze.

Curious.

Cheers!!!!

Not a conspiracy as much as an embarrassing misunderstanding of basic geology.

Moon rock would be older than earth rock, especially if it was formed from a chunk of Earth that got blasted away from a major impact because the age is determined by when the rock is solidified from magma.

The Moon solidified before the Earth's crust even formed.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I enjoyed this fine, scientifically detailed debunking:

10. September 11 Terrorist Attacks

The conspiracy: Elements of the US government were involved in arranging the attack, in particular Vice-President Dick Cheney and Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, providing the neo-conservatives with the excuse to begin the military “democratization” of Muslim countries including Afghanistan and Iraq.

Flaws in the theory: The intense nature of the fires, caused by aviation fuel and the length of time they were able to burn, have been proven to have caused the collapse of the towers, including the tower that wasn't a specific target.

Fires proven! That's a wrap!

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
They lost all credibility when they called it the "Council of Foreign Relations". It's the Council ON Foreign Relations. If you're going to list organizations in a desperate attempt to debunk a theory, at least take the three seconds of time to double check the correct name of the organization.

On nine of the theories they at least gave a little bit of information - no matter how flawed and full of nonsense that information may be - to "debunk" the theory. On the most important one, they give absolutely nothing. This is not a debunking:

Well, this is the ultimate in conspiracy theories. You don't know that Encarta is not an agent of this New World Order. You’d expect us to rubbish such experts on the Illuminati such as David Icke (we're some of us lizards, you know). If there is such a society, one would have to note that they are pretty incompetent.

Lets debunk the "debunking":

Well, this is the ultimate in conspiracy theories.
Good, more incentive to give us some actual information about it.

You don't know that Encarta is not an agent of this New World Order.
You're right. We don't. If you are, you proved your list is worthless. So whats the point in making this pathetic joke? To fill character space to avoid having to provide actual information, maybe?

You’d expect us to rubbish such experts on the Illuminati such as David Icke
I'd expect you to provide information since this is allegedly a debunking.

(we're some of us lizards, you know)
What does that even mean? Someone needs to learn some grammar.

If there is such a society, one would have to note that they are pretty incompetent.
Tell us why one would have to note that. The way I see it, one would have to note they are not incompetent, but in fact, very intelligent as they have avoided detection by the masses and managed to seize control of every major country, military, and corporation.

What a load of garbage. And since every brain dead moron reading it got a nice snicker out of their witty response to 'ruling the world', in their minds, the theory must be complete BS. It eases their insecurities more to believe in the upbeat, sarcastic debunking by the overpaid loser who wrote it than believing dark shadowy entities are controlling every aspect of their lives in an attempt to enslave the world's population.

And while we're on the subject of how much garbage this list is, if we are talking in terms of significance to the world, #8, #7, #5, #4, #3, and #2 should not be on this list.

Try again, MSN.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

"If there is such a society, one would have to note that they are pretty incompetent.
Tell us why one would have to note that. The way I see it, one would have to note they are not incompetent, but in fact, very intelligent as they have avoided detection by the masses and managed to seize control of every major country, military, and corporation. "

you do understand it was on MSN right ? there have been movies about skull and bones, and almost everyone has heard of the NWO, heck even eminem rapped about it

the point is simply a secret society should be, well, secret

[edit on 13-4-2009 by syrinx high priest]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join