It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's Calling the Shots Now: The Death of American Empire

page: 1/
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   

www.opednews.com

It may not be obvious today, and certainly it's not how the corporate media reported it, but future historians are likely to look back at March 13, 2009 as the day that American imperialism began it's inexorable decline.

...What China is doing is pulling the rug out from under America's six decades of global military dominance.

...if China were to decide to stop funding America's massive deficit, this could change...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.tradereform.org
www.americaneconomicalert.org
www.naturalnews.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Pentagon says Chinese vessels harassed U.S. ship
US warships head for South China Sea after standoff

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I've paid more attention to China lately, and events relating to China, and I'm learning about, and trying to understand America's huge debts and trade deficits with China.

This article gives a clear description of what I interpret as a financial, and possibly military threat from China in the not-too-distant future, and paints a picture of what could be seen as a conspiracy by China to bring America down.

It mentions the irony of how America used the same strategy of buying up industries & resources of developing nations to manipulate and control their political systems to its own advantage, always with the backing or threat of military power.

Could China ever put itself in a position to really threaten us both militarily and financially? Similarly to how America has done to so many other countries?

Was China's recent shenanigans at sea with one of our ships part of a new strategy to start messing with us?

Is it the beginning of some kind of long, planned-out trap, that we're falling for?

Could they succeed in some kind of new-age version of Pearl Harbor, to include financial debt, combined with a massive computer attack, combined with a military offensive?

www.opednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
It's obvious that China has becoming a national security threat. The second I read the article about Hillary Clinton saying that human rights issues would take a back burner to the economy while standing next to the Chinese president/prime minister (or whatever), I knew it.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
America is in debt,they cant maintain the status quo,but like many empires before it they wont let go.China doesnt need to use military means at all,much like britain was in debt to America,America is now in debt to China...either you can try and keep this facade going and completely crumble under your own weight or take the smart route,realise you simply cant support such a large military and economic machine,retreat into your own borders,settle your debts and learn from history that Empires always always fall.No one country has the foundations to support such a venture.Only as a global community can problems be solved,a country carrying the world on its shoulders is doomed to fail.Sadly i think America will keep tying to save face and the outcome will be far worse than if you learnt from your mistakes and started with a clean slate.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   

It was an Empire?
I thought it was a republic?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
If you didnt know already Chinese companies are silently buying up small companies on the US West cost.

There is even a small Chinese Car company that might buy Volvo.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Yup, a Nat'l Sec threat is what I think, too!
The human rights issues are serious in China, making them already detached from cruelty to humans!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Pretty good, Solomons. And I think you're right about most of that.
We've created our own monster. China & the U.S.A. will BOTH be the 800 pound gorillas in the room!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainCaveMan

I used to think of my country as a world superpower nation!
Then started seeing it as a sort of quasi-totalitarian fascist police state corporatocracy!!!

Funny, though, with a U.S. Marine for a father, I'd bleed on the flag to keep the stripes red!

But are we a Babylon? A Sodom & Gomorrah? A Godless heathen?

What is China? A communist police state? A communist republic?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
The problem with America is that it has allowed too many sissy's to immigrate here over the last hundred years. And the decendants of those sissy's are now very vocal contributors to America's policies.

China has never fought a war more than two miles from its borders and I know for a fact that it ain't gonna pick 21st century America to be its first try at militaristic expansion.

As far as this American Empire you propose, there isn't any such place...but only in the minds of psychopaths. probably originating from London or thereabouts.

This anti-China/America propaganda will get you no where. The only place that could possibly benefit from such talk are the nations in what is soon to be the worlds new backyard...the nations of Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Russia. Even New York, city and state, is on an irreversable decline.

The Pacific Ocean is now the primary stage of world events; political, military, economic and financial. China and America are the leading players. That event last week was nothing, the news stories ran with it in a pathetic attempt to characterize China as a threat. She's as harmless as a butterfly.

As far as who is calling the shots now. huck finn, the american, and his wife, who happens to be chinese in a manner of speaking, are calling the shots now.

I suppose it is correct though that there are some people in this world who's future sucks.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by huckfinn

Agreed. You pull our debt out, we will ban the sale of chinese originated goods.
We may take a blow but you will too.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
China is set up to become the next world police.
The US is being destroyed by design by a power that has been around for a long time.
The US has almost used up it's usefullness and will be destroyed from the bottom to the top, It will become a manufacturing country again, but for less than the Chinese get paid otherwise you will not compete on the world market.

China itself will not last long as world police, just long enough to do their job before they get taken down by the smallest of enemies, a virus known as avian bird flu.
I don't know if people have seen a pattern with this bird flu, but it tends to break out in asian countries.

who would suspect a race specific virus to get rid of the heavy muscle of China and leave the world open for a new UN with a new UN military to police the world for the new UN goverment.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by huckfinn
The problem with America is that it has allowed too many sissy's to immigrate here over the last hundred years.

LOL, I wonder if the native americans agree with you

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by huckfinn

Who you callin sissy, boy?
just kiddin.
No, I only posted it, I didn't propose we were an empire. I already asked: what are we, really?
The older part of me reacts emotionally, like a flag-waving, patriotic, "America rules" type of guy...
But the newer, more thinking part of me reacts a little less proud; or more logical; pondering vast possibilities.

I'm not spewing anti-anything! Just thinking for myself; unlike you, letting a woman help call the shots!
again, just kiddin, friend!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Star!
You're seeing what I'm seeing, in the way China is growing more powerful,
and the more powerful they grow, the more power they will desire! In that desire, they could eventually use tactics of a more forceful nature.

With the bird flu, patterns, you mention, are you suggesting a conspiracy by unseen forces, to keep the Asian populace in check, when & if needed?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by FRIGHTENER

You don't bring out the virus until after their job is done, it is pretty much weaponized now and won't be released by the US , but by another military which hasn't made its presents known yet.

The power in the rear who are guiding this whole agenda along are more than likely extremely racist and probably believe in the whole Aryan race agenda.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Funny how all empires fall..

Usually Greed and corruption collapses most and all empires. America didnt learn from past empires.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Thanks for the reply, munkey.
Interesting, and who knows- possibly valid theory & prediction you make.

Since we're talking Chinese, and American posturing, globally, and you mention the flu virus being weaponized, I can only shudder at what kind of biological warfare agents could be out there!

Which begs the question: Is World War Three likely to be financial, conventional, nuclear, chemical, biological, digital, or something unknown; and who starts it?

A lot of "what ifs" are certainly feesible from my op!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
There are obviously some people in this world who consider the prospect of an American/Chinese (Asian) alliance to be a threat to the traditional balance of world power. Think of it...on the western Pacific is a place that has 1/3 of the worlds population, a lot of wealth and nothing to spend it on and a strong identity. Japan, Korea, China. They are also driving technological innovation.

On the eastern shore of the Pacific is a country of warlike and industrial people. Our combined strength will dominate the planet without us actually trying.

The overall message I am hearing is one of hopeful optimism that China may dump America causing its economic collapse (Europe/Middle East), mixed in with utter horror that America is getting stronger and its military/industrial complex is pushing in on new territory (Russia).

Something is obviously trying to break-up this relationship before it becomes too deeply embedded. If it survives the only way to conquer America is to first go through China and the only way to conquer China is to go through America.

It's an impossible task and the greedy little sh1ts that want America to be a jewel in their Imperial crown, which it is not, for it is a sovereign Republic, know that.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The recent incident with China approaching a US ship while wearing nothing but there underwear isn't as bad as the one around a year ago when they had there sub pop up in the middle of US warships during there war games. Chinese Sub Pops Up Within Torpedo Range During US Naval Exercise

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join