It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's Calling the Shots Now: The Death of American Empire

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I think America needs a little humility to get her straightened up. Our education system and health care system put us far behind so many other countries that there is no reason for us to lead.

I'm the daughter of a soldier so I've had the "We're #1!" mentality pounded into me my whole life and I understand nobody wants to admit that our streets of gold have been tarnished.

It happens to the best of us, though, so I say we cut our losses, lick our wounds, and stay quiet for a spell while we learn to take care of our own first.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alora
I'm the daughter of a soldier so I've had the "We're #1!" mentality pounded into me my whole life and I understand nobody wants to admit that our streets of gold have been tarnished.

This is the worst and most pathetic side of America and Americans. To be wildly patriotic one's own country is just...well, cringe-worthy and incredibly silly. It's your freaking country, of course you're going to think you are the best for owning it.

I'm all for your team going abroad and you supporting them/your army invading a developing country and massacring them mercilessly, but to sit around at home patting each other on the back for being opulent...well, it just seems to lack class and maturity. It's the sort of pack-mentality I'd expect from a nation of children, you know?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainCaveMan

The Republic die when we were forced to pay Federal taxes, we became indebted to the Federal government.

The states lost their power.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

I understand. I do. But I don't know of any other way for a country to train their soldiers to go out and fight, or at least another way that is as effective. As I understand it, the military has to give their fighters the incentive to kill. Should they do that by saying "Our country is so-so, and good luck not dying"? Or perhaps something along the lines of "We need you to prepare yourself for death, you will put yourself in harm's way and there is a good chance you will die as you are killing others. It's worth it though, because our country is #20!"

I seriously doubt that there is a military out there, in any country, that doesn't tell their soldiers that their country is the greatest in the world.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I understand. I do. But I don't know of any other way for a country to train their soldiers to go out and fight, or at least another way that is as effective. As I understand it, the military has to give their fighters the incentive to kill. Should they do that by saying "Our country is so-so, and good luck not dying"? Or perhaps something along the lines of "We need you to prepare yourself for death, you will put yourself in harm's way and there is a good chance you will die as you are killing others. It's worth it though, because our country is #20!"

I seriously doubt that there is a military out there, in any country, that doesn't tell their soldiers that their country is the greatest in the world.

I understand, too. Not everything is about the military. I've met Americans who just blither on about their country like it was made of cheesecake (which would be worth a mention). We weren't talking about the military, we were just talking.

The thing is, why do you need "to give their fighters the incentive to kill"? I doubt Mexico or Canada are planning invasions any time soon, and your navy is pretty #-hot (and with the cash you spend on it, it'd better be), so whats the deal?

It comes back to the invasion of other countries. You don't have any particular reason to be there (other than money, but that isn't a seller to the people who won't see a penny of it) so you need something else to encourage your own people to get shot.

In steps blind patriotism, the killer of thought and reason, and you guys are infested with it. I want Americans to actually get back to the mentality and intellect of the men who managed a successful breakaway from the British empire. People who had some kind of clear reason for doing something, rather than just "we're fat, rich and bored".

Basically, your country needs to start playing nice with the other countries. I'm sure you've noticed that nobody else (globally speaking) actually likes America, and by extension, the Americans. Until you as a nation actually consider that other people might have value too, I don't see it happening.

And take some freaking responsibility too. It might not be profitable, but it's worth it for other people. How badly-planned was the infrastructure after the invasion of Iraq?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Oh, back off and don't make me your example. My original post spoke of America's need for humility so if you want to preach to an arrogant American, go find someone else. And if you'll stop being angry for a second, you will also see that I never said I agreed with my soldier father.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Oh, back off and don't make me your example. My original post spoke of America's need for humility so if you want to preach to an arrogant American, go find someone else. And if you'll stop being angry for a second, you will also see that I never said I agreed with my soldier father.

That's true, I apologise. I guess I just needed to get it off my chest, I didn't mean to impose on you.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I agree with your soldier father. American's have been the victim of a nasty little game for the last 40 years; orchestrated from London, soon to be known as the Loneliest Place on Earth.

The reason America is a nation of Children, because back in the early 70s a filthy whore, her pimp and their dog murdered your father, possessed your home and put your mother on the street to fend for herself. That's the Truth that noone wants you to know about.

Someone has really stepped in it and it only gets worse from here. Especially since you haven't got the decency to keep your mouths shut.

We will certainly all see who needs an attitude change.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by huckfinn]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Originally posted by JBA2848

The recent incident with China isn't as bad asChinese Sub Pops Up Within Torpedo Range During US Naval Exercise

Wow! Excellent link, JBA! Star!
Good relevance to the thread. That's what I'm talkin' about!
The way everything can lead to war between the U.S. & China.
I Hope not, tho.

Like HuckFinn suggesting the prospect of becoming allies...
A possibility too, I guess... Star, Huck!

[edit on 3/19/2009 by FRIGHTENER]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

I think America needs a little humility...I'm the daughter of a soldier so I've had the "We're #1!" mentality... while we learn to take care of our own first.

Great typing there, Alora, Star!
I'm the oldest son of an honorable U.S. Marine, so I can relate!
And if we could take care of our own a lot better, we WOULD have humility!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Originally posted by huckfinn

back in the early 70s a filthy whore, her pimp and their dog murdered your father, possessed your home and put your mother...
We will see who needs an attitude change...keep your mouths shut.

WHOOOOA!
Harsh, Huck, very harsh!
I'm not sure who this is directed at, or if it is anger or not, but wow!

Don't get me wrong, I don't offend easily, I'm all for open expression within the T&C's, but please, tell me where'd that come from? Or better yet, who it goes out to?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I can't see China wanting an equal partnership with the US at all . The chinese see the americans surely as fodder to manipulate as easily as the jews have done . The americans brag and swagger , but they only swagger the way the puppeteer sways them . You point them in any direction and they will gripe en masse at the target , ie look at how they can be programmed to all of a sudden hate france and their chips , then its Chavez , then it's Putin .. then it's Iranians , which other country has its populace programmed in this manner ?

No other country . Chinese will reap the benefits of this propoganda labotomized population , theres no need to treat them as equals at all.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
This is really going to damage my ego as an American.

I lied, it's not.

Now what?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by FRIGHTENER

There was a poster who referred to Americans as a “nation of children”. I agreed with this assertion and then went on to explain how this happened. It's directed at all those people that are convinced that America needs to apologize for or change its behavior.

The last 8 years, specifically, and every year since WWI has been one big set up aimed to destroy this country and have a good excuse to do it. The same sissy's I mentioned in the earlier post have been using America as cover to rob the world, and like all good liars, thieves and murderers they must have known that they would eventually need a fall guy and America was chosen for this role long ago. The same groups that destroyed a 4 thousand year old Imperial China 98 years ago are the ones responsible for these actions and know that since America/China are once again working together that they must work to undermine this relationship. If they do not, all their lying, killing and stealing will have been a waste.

When I read suggestions that I, as an American, should apologize to someone for anything, I get upset and need to get things off my chest. This line of reasoning is part of the general war strategy; to get you to confess to a crime you haven't committed. Along the same line was the statement that noone in the whole world likes you. It's all a big Game to them. Why do I care if the person who is sucking my ..... likes me or not?

I enjoy informing people of the truth instead…that this war won’t end well for you; it’s only going to get worse from here. I am not going to apologize, but instead I am going to keep on fighting, as I have not done anything to those people.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by huckfinn]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   

There was a poster who referred to Americans as a “nation of children”.

Yo.

Originally posted by huckfinnI agreed with this assertion and then went on to explain how this happened. It's directed at all those people that are convinced that America needs to apologize for or change its behavior.

I'm glad to hear that there are people who don't find me a million-miles clear of the mark, but why is it you don't think America needs to change it's behaviour? It's not like they're going to let Fritzl off just because his mum was a head-case.

Originally posted by huckfinnThe last 8 years, specifically, and every year since WWI has been one big set up aimed to destroy this country and have a good excuse to do it. The same sissy's I mentioned in the earlier post have been using America as cover to rob the world, and like all good liars, thieves and murderers they must have known that they would eventually need a fall guy and America was chosen for this role long ago. The same groups that destroyed a 4 thousand year old Imperial China 98 years ago are the ones responsible for these actions and know that America/China are once again working together they must work to undermine this relationship. If they do not all their lying, killing and stealing will have been a waste.

I don't know about Imperial China, but I do agree that there are subversive elements within your government that are ruining your country. The motives and ideals your forefathers fought against the British for seem to have been lost along the way.

Originally posted by huckfinnWhen I read suggestions that I, as an American, should apologize to someone for anything, I get upset and need to get things off my chest. I enjoy informing people of the truth…that this war won’t end well for you; it’s only going to get worse from here.

I don't see the necessity for threats, but I would feel the same way if someone was asking me to apologise for the British empire.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
America's not a head case...

This is how I see it...I am an American. I am one of those Americans who have been living in this forest since way before any United States existed. While, I flout marijuana laws, I am generally a good person. I don't know the people running this government or the other governments of the world. If Gazans, Iraqis and Afghanis were burned out of their homes and had to watch their children die, I say...be careful who you let in your house next time. But you won't be getting any apologies from me, as noone apologized for what happened to my Pap.

But I know when someone is trying to steal my money and my wife's money and it ain't gonna work.

My words are not personal attacks or threats upon you, but on your beliefs.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   

America's not a head case...

Opinion.

Originally posted by huckfinnThis is how I see it...I am an American. I am one of those Americans who have been living in this forest since way before any United States existed.

I assume this means a Native American, rather than just one of the pioneers from the 13 colonies?

Originally posted by huckfinnWhile, I flout marijuana laws,

Who doesn't?

Originally posted by huckfinnI am generally a good person. I don't know the people running this government or the other governments of the world. If Gazans, Iraqis and Afghanis were burned out of their homes and had to watch their children die, I say...be careful who you let in your house next time.

Wow, how very unfeeling of you. I don't think the Gazans really decided to "let" the Israelis in, it's more a case of them blowing the bloody doors off.

Originally posted by huckfinnBut you won't be getting any apologies from me, as noone apologized for what happened to my Pap.

You don't see anything inherantly selfish or child-like in this statement? I'm not trying to be provocative, but you must see how saying "well, no-one apologised to me!!!" makes you the lesser man here? No-one is saying it was right, whatever it was that happened to your father, but that doesn't mean you should propagate this victim mentality or the selfish streak that has accompanied it.

Rise above it, I say.

Originally posted by huckfinnBut I know when someone is trying to steal my money and my wife's money and it ain't gonna work.

Has the price of milk risen in America? It has in Britain, by over 30%. They have already stolen my money.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Why do I care if the person who is sucking my ..... likes me or not?

seems kind of obvious to me, because they might just decide to clamp down.

communist china seems to be firmly in bed with "no way man, we're not communist, we're good capitalists, swear to god" russia. why would you believe they will now ally themselves with america? america has nothing to offer them. everything in the US, including the government, is for sale. courting american support is completely unnecessary, if it is needed it can be bought for a few dollars in bonds. like you say, careful who you let into your house.

if a communist country thats cares not a toot for their own citizens owns and controls the US, which it seems to, then what hope do you think you actually have.

what type of return do you think china is expecting on all those US government bonds? it's not as if they can actually cash them, ever, so what is it they are after?

it became clear in the 80's that mutual destruction would be the only outcome of a military war between east and west. the way i see it, the east decided that if you can't take it, perhaps you should just buy it.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
It's not really child like, I don't expect an apology. I haven't asked and noone has offered.

A game is being played that is designed to make Americans feel bad about and apologize for things they have not done and have no part in. That is the foundation of my argument.

The Israelis are a part of the game...Gaza, Iraq and Afghanistan is Theater. An ancient ritual we have no real part in whatsoever. But we do have a part in the America/China show and a vested interest in it working out, so for anyone that is trying to screw that up they get fire and steel and no apologies.

To figure out the answer to the question...who's calling the shots now?", as I have, is simple, but requires to much time and space.

America certainly doesn't need any humility, but the opposite. America needs to stop apologizing and realize what is really happening to them. It will obviously take some time; We are but children after all.

China and America is probably the first international relationship that is being forged with America's best interests considered first before the interests of Europe and the Middle East and someone has a problem with this.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
No...just no. You have no reason to play the victim here, and I don't think many other Americans feel they should either.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join