It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could someone explain the Codex Alimentarius and why it's so bad?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I've searched and seen a lot of information about this but it's all a blur and doesn't really make a lot of sense when you read it all together. What exactly is this and what will it do to us? Explain it to me like I'm a 5 year old. That way I know I'll understand.

Anyone?

[edit on 3/17/2009 by Telafree]

[edit on 3/17/2009 by Telafree]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Telafree

This basically will provide that natural herbs and vitamins will be outlawed and only be allowed to be produced by Pharmaceutical companies to increase their profits.

This was passed and signed into law and can be enacted at any time, they have already outlawed a root called ephedrine root claiming it was a national health emergency. It killed 100 people one year, while alcohol and tobacco kill millions and are legal.

Vitamin C will be the next one that will be outlawed, and if you pay attention to the news cycles you will see te stories already appearing about vitamin c overdoses.

Simple 5 year old terms - outlawing plants and making it mandatory to buy them from drug manufacturers and often with a prescription required. Can't have the drug companies losing money to people taking vitamins and natural herbs for their health, that stuff keeps you healthy and takes money out of the pockets of the likes of Donald Rumsfeld.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
could this have anything to do with my doctor pushing vitamins on me? Hes been talking about vitamin d as if it's the saviour to all my problems.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I think I read too that if Codex went into full effect in America, the organic food label would be gone. If organic food was sold, it would in effect go against Codex, and the USA could get in trouble with the WTO.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I doubt that your doctor urging you to take vitamins would have anything to do with the Codex Alimentarius, at least as it's been presented in conspiracy circles.

Since you've done some searching, I'm sure you've seen this, but for others reading this thread, here's the official web site for Codex Alimentarus.

Codex Alimentarius article at Wikipedia.

I'm curious to see what other responses you get. I haven't put the time into this to research it myself, and most of the claims I've seen have been through so much spin control and are so heavily weighted against the whole thing that their bias makes it impossible to get a comprehensible picture. I don't doubt that there's some pretty depressing stuff going on under the guise of providing good nutritional guidelines for the world, but I've just seen too many false or misleading claims to accept any of it at face value.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat

I'm curious to see what other responses you get. I haven't put the time into this to research it myself, and most of the claims I've seen have been through so much spin control and are so heavily weighted against the whole thing that their bias makes it impossible to get a comprehensible picture. I don't doubt that there's some pretty depressing stuff going on under the guise of providing good nutritional guidelines for the world, but I've just seen too many false or misleading claims to accept any of it at face value.

That's my problem, which is why I started this thread. I am hoping to get some really clear explanations as to why it's bad because at first glance, it doesnt seem all that bad.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Your doctor is pushing vitamin D because he knows you need it.

And once again, just to clarify false facts, the codex does not ban vitamins and supplements, It only bans claims that they cure disease without any medicinal proof.

Keep taking your vitamin D. It does the body good.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

But obviously the whole thing can be perverted by the likes of Monsanto, right? And be used simply for profit.

I'm also new to this Alimentarius stuff, but it's showing up a LOT lately.

I just bought some new C and D vitamins.
*opens pill bottles*

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telafree
I've searched and seen a lot of information about this but it's all a blur and doesn't really make a lot of sense when you read it all together. What exactly is this and what will it do to us? Explain it to me like I'm a 5 year old. That way I know I'll understand.

Codex Alimentarius is a slow and steady, all encompassing "law of the land" continuing it's assent into governments around the world. Devised 30 plus years ago by the FAO/WHO, Codex are regulations that stipulate the control of all food, of all varieties, throughout the world.

To give you an idea - in Norway and Germany the entire health food industry has literally been taken over by the drug companies. In these countries, vitamin C above 200 mg is illegal as is vitamin E above 45 IU, vitamin B1 over 2.4 mg and so on.

Codex Alimentarius is supported by multinational corporations such as Pharmaceutical Giants and their conglomerates such as Monsanto.

More important that vitamins of course is food. With Codex, food will become strictly controlled and regulated. Legislation will ensure produce is grow via GMO seeds and they will be the main stay. Nutrients will be defined and they will not be in our interest. Monsanto is a big part of Codex, afterall it's a hundred year old corporation and now owns ALL the world's major seed companies.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by StrangeBrew]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Yeh basically they are doing this, saying that its for safety reasons.
But once again they lie, and they are doing it purely so the pharmaceutical company's can make big profit from natural substances.
For example, cholesterol medicines come from natural things.
So they banned the natural things so you have to buy the drug.
It is nothing but a scam.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Anyone have any really credible evidence on any of this?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Simple and short answer is :

Anything that has vitamins in it or is healthy and beneficial to the human body will be outlawed while anything that is known to either kill or cause bodily harm will be the ones pushed.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teki187
Anyone have any really credible evidence on any of this?

Pepsico's Grandma's Cookies.

They used to be healthy as ever, I'd eat 4 cookies and feel great, nowadays I won't buy them due to the elimination of the vitamins and nutrients.

Seldane allergy prescription medication
Outlawed in 2004 under the guise of a rare overdose, declared illegal by the FDA in 2002.

Watch the ingredient list and the nutrition facts labels on your favourite foods, make a mental note of the DRV percentiles (daily recommended vitamins). Watch for that list to change.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal

Simple 5 year old terms -
outlawing
mandatory
manufacturers
prescription
required.
Donald Rumsfeld.

You don't want to take another stab at that, do you?

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I just wanted to say that this is a very important subject, and I too would appreciate anyone that could breakdown the whole Codex thing, I'm very familiar with it, but I'm still not set on what it's true intention...I'm guessing to "dumb down" and population control, but it's so crazy how it can be so overt but yet sinister at the same time.

On a second note, I can say that I recently went to a film festival and saw the premier of "InGREEDients", which really breaks down alot of crazy stuff pertaining to the TPTB and what we eat.

I'm grateful that this filmaker lives in the same city as me, so I was able to do an audience Q&A with him, and boy let me tell you this documentary will scare the crap out of you. He was an RN and was scared what he was feeding his newborn, so for the last two years he put in the research and made this film.

By the way, I tried to bring up Codex to him, but it "wooshed" over many in the audience and I looked like some conspiracy nut, so I backed off the question and never got a good response. To be honest I don't think he knew much about it either, which is not surprising since most of us fall in that category pertaining to this.

I recommend it to all.

[edit on 18-7-2009 by OnTheFelt]

[edit on 18-7-2009 by OnTheFelt]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Nice post.....Well this is well discussed topic here on ATS. For more information, the below links may be useful.

www.healthfreedomusa.org...

video.google.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Regards,

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by disgustedbyhumanity

And once again, just to clarify false facts, the codex does not ban vitamins and supplements, It only bans claims that they cure disease without any medicinal proof.

Can you back up your statement ?...

In the mean time hese s another link
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Though I pride myself on being extremely skeptical of alternative sources, though you can't put much faith in what the media tells you either, I think this lecture video presented below is a reliable source for understanding the reality of Codex Alimentarus. The reason why I said skeptical of alternative sources is because Dr. Rima Laibow also has a very sensational fearmongering video describing Codex and in researching her and her claims, I've found a lot of counter information about her and her husband as well. You will most likely see a video of her when you put Codex A. in the search engine - google, yahoo, youtube, etc. But google Laibow's personal info, bio, etc. and you will discover a lot more than what she wants you to believe.

Here is the video by Ian Crane (it has nine parts):

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I still see NO HARD EVIDENCE of them banning organic foods and causing 3 billion deaths.

Someone please point out hard facts in there legislation pointing to this.

I have been researching it for days, can't find anything other then a whole lot of skepticism.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Just 29 days left until implementation...

top topics

join