It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Maps, WTF?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

This link better work.
Nellis Air Force Base photo of simulated targets, industrial complex and air fields.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whiteone
They are bombing ranges, here's a link to info about them and others:

home.comcast.net...

Good job finding this

Click on the link Whiteone provided. Go to the Roswell portion and click on the first couple of photos in the series (PBR13 & 14). It is the same location.

Why do you keep guessing when the proof has already been provided? In the second image, PBR 14, the symbols are the same. This occult business is some pretty wishful thinking. Must be a boring day?

I give this a week before it shows up on an outlandish website somewhere complete with fabricated stories and faked evidence to back it up.

That is not a swastika forward or backward. Those are to match the targeting sights on the bomber.

[edit on 3/17/2009 by Blaine91555]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Yeah, there's also two massive runways nearby and last I checked there are jets parked on both runway complexes. That supply train must be how the government gets the supplies they need out so far in the desert.

37.429206,-116.85359
37.359852,-116.838012

There's lots of interesting stuff out in the barren places and I'm guessing that there's a lot more underground that we can't even see at many of these locations.

I followed a road out of Area 51 on Google Earth and found something buried beneath the sand at 37.302196,-115.833439

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

The town is empty and there are no trains at Nellis. Sorry to say.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
It looks like a denver airport, but smaller.

anyway, i assume there is a significance in the way those "lines" were designed. Something wroth zooming in from space.

S&F for you OP

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by raj9721

A couple of things come to mind after reading "The Rise of The Fourth Reich" by Jim Marrs. Operation: Paperclip, Nazi engineers and scientists working on ICBM's and the symbolism that they used. Maybe it is a temple to Shiva or something. I hope it is some sick persons idea of a joke. Because if this is real, we are in some trouble.

[edit on 02/21/09 by daeoeste]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

The following links might aid:
home.comcast.net...

bbs.keyhole.com...

Hope it helps.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Is this thread some kind of a perception test experiment?

Originally posted by wonderworld
reply to post by notreallyalive

Also my google image is not looking down on the oil wells. It's a ground shot camera view, near the location that shows an oil drilling rig or maybe 2. They are oil wells. This is off highway 457, very close to the symbols. Bombing wouldnt be allowed.

Can you post some pics?
Does it look like a real oil rig or a fake one intended as a target?
Could it be another set of fake targets, but this time with real materials for testing of ordinance?

[edit on 17-3-2009 by spacebot]

Originally posted by Outcast2
reply to post by wonderworld

The following links might aid:
home.comcast.net...

bbs.keyhole.com...

Hope it helps.

Whoa! It is indeed a bombing range!
Nice catch!

[edit on 17-3-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

This thread would be a great example of how people ignore facts, don't click on provided links and don't read the posts.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
FFS guys, read the previous posts and stop speculating about Aliens, its goin boring

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I admit that I never read past page 2..

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
it is a swasitca. eww.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
AAF Precision Bombing Target military geoglyph, specifically the one located in Roswell.

They were used during World War 2.

examples from virtualglobetrotting.com...

virtualglobetrotting.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I'm betting it's either a LHC (Stanford has one too), or one of the jokes google puts in. They've found other funny things, like building that spell out "attack here", or funny cornfields like the one in scary movie 4.

I'd chock it up to the latter.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I wish people would read threads before posting, especially in this case. Jeese.

Provided we have Whiteone's link to show it is indeed a Roswell practice bombing site....

Originally posted by Whiteone
They are bombing ranges, here's a link to info about them and others:

home.comcast.net...

.....I think we can rest easy over the issue of why there WERE symbols placed here in the first place. Factory, Ship, and Nazi symbol to make it more realistic once the military members who are in practice go over to actually bomb NAZI sites.

The big question in mind is why they are still erected NOW? Some members here have some interesting theories and I guess that is where the discussion should be headed next. Agree?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

This thread would be a great example of how people ignore facts, don't click on provided links and don't read the posts.

yes I found this on a link around page 3?

Arguably the most elaborate targets were associated with the Roswell Army Air Field. Over half of the 34 RAAF targets are either swastikas or reverse swastikas superimposed over a bull's-eye target. Large berms, 6 feet high, 15 feet wide and 1,000 feet long form the cross-hairs in the center of the target. Small appendages placed half-way down and perpendicular to each leg complete the appearance of the swastika. In some cases other crudely made targets representing ships, ship docks, and oil storage tanks are visible around the perimeter of the swastikas or bull's-eye targets. Measurements taken from aerial photos show the ships to be approximately 800 feet long by 200 feet wide and the storage tanks and ship docks approximately 350 feet square.

[edit on 17-3-2009 by CHiram_Abiff]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Proxy911
I'm betting it's either a LHC (Stanford has one too), or one of the jokes google puts in. They've found other funny things, like building that spell out "attack here", or funny cornfields like the one in scary movie 4.

I'd chock it up to the latter.

Or, perhaps something to do with one of the links MikeBoyd suggested. Who KNOWS!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

The big question in mind is why they are still erected NOW? Some members here have some interesting theories and I guess that is where the discussion should be headed next. Agree?

HERE is the best theory?

The bombing ranges were used just a few short years, from 1942 to 1945. A typical training mission consisted of dropping 100 pound concrete or sand-filled bombs. A small spotting charge, that fired out a flash of flame and smoke, was attached to each bomb allowing air crews to observe the accuracy of their practice mission. Sometimes other weaponry such as high explosive, water-filled chemical bombs and incendiary bombs were also used. For more than 60 years natural erosional processes, human activities and encroaching vegetation have attacked the targets, completely erasing some and leaving others scarcely visible. Targets graded into the soil have fared the onslaught poorly while the swastikas, made from piles of rock and soil, are persisting slightly better.

[edit on 17-3-2009 by CHiram_Abiff]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

The reason they are still around is because they are in a desert and have suffered very little weathering.

That's the same reason there arn't many pictures of the other precision bombing sites beyond the desert.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by thinker23
it is a swasitca. eww.

someone who forgot to use his brain...eeeeww

PS: its called "svastika"

[edit on 17-3-2009 by OTTOKARMA]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join