It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White house jokes Cheney is Limbaugh stand in

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

WASHINGTON -- Obama administration issued a scathing response on Monday to criticism from former Vice President Dick Cheney, calling him part of a "Republican cabal" and saying his economic advice should be ignored.

He goes on to talk a little more trash about Limbaugh. I guess the only good Republican in their eyes is the kind that agrees with everything they say.

Easy to have bi partisonship when you bully any that disagree with you.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Something you must understand is that Democrats and Republicans are two sides of the same coin. Who would the Democrats oppose if the Republicans were gone? They are every one of them, Democrat and Republican, a bunch of lying, whore mongering, thieving, sodomites. The only difference is that Republicans will screw you right up front, while Democrats screw you in the rear.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

I rather it be to my face honestly.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I believe it was Jay Leno who said that Politics is theatre performed by ugly people.

I think this level of discourse from the Obama White House has all the charm of a gaggle of fratboys.

It is time for them to start acting like adults and working hard to address the USA's problems which effect the whole world.

Since there really is no difference between the two dominant parties in the ruling elite in the States, perhaps this will draw more attention to Ron Paul and his ideas which are sober, realistic, and worthy of a great nation.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I think its funny how they got the hat trick this time.

They hit-

Bush
Rush and
Cheney

I wonder when they will stop pointing fingers. Yes Cheney talked about them. Why not use that oppurtunity to talk about what he said instead of insulting 3 people?

[edit on 17-3-2009 by jd140]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I think Cheney is a creepy scum bad.

But, I don't think the White House has any room what so ever, to making judgements or jokes about any one at this time.

I guess everything going on with our country is just a laughing matter to them.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Just low class. Like 5th grade low class.

But hey, when you are issued talking points...you better use them.

Just like 5th grade I'm sure he got extra credit for creativity.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Look, I have deep antipathy for Dick Cheney. But Gibbs was totally wrong for his comments. One, it was disrespectful to the institution of the Office of the Vice President. Two, it plays into hand of the opposition, Limbaugh et al will eat this up.

IMO, it was no different in decorum than when Biden made fun of Chief Justice Roberts. The President, his Cabinet and his staff ought to remain above the fray and focus on the issues of the day.

I think Obama will come to regret Gibbs' flip remarks as well as his own appearance on Leno soon. Inappropriate, at best. But, in a sense, both incidences are indicative of where our country is at right now - bread and circuses to occupy the stupid people while our country collapses.

Oh, but I do wish Cheney would crawl back into whatever hole he came from. I think all civilized people, including journalists, should refrain from giving him and Bush a platform to re-write history and/or tell us more lies. The next time I see them on T.V., I want it to be for show trials.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I fully and absolutely agree with this statement. I'd love to add something to it. But it says it all perfectly.

Originally posted by jd140
I wonder when they will stop pointing fingers.

Never. The Obama administration will feed off the people's hatred of the Bush Administration for as long as possible. It's like a blank check waiting for Obama to fill in or like a credit card with no spending limit. Obama and his cohorts will use it whenever they screw up and want to deflect the blame.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
This is Dem strategy for 2012. To bad mouth any republican that steps up to the microphone.

If a Republican dares to say "Hey stop spending every dime we have" The Democrats go after them saying that the entire party is the party of "no"

If the Reps filibuster, then it's Partisan politics.

What the Reps need is a singular strong voice and message relevant to the current economic and political climate. And no tax cuts aren't going to do it. Fiscal responsibility is.

Something better than tax cuts alone and better than massive government bailouts is what is going to solve the current economic crisis in this country. What the Reps need right at this moment is someone strong, intelligent and balanced. Smaller government and lower taxes is a good ideology to have. But that won't solve every problem. Also if that is going to be the party line of the republican party, It is important to put those principals into play instead of saying one thing and doing another.

As far as Darth Cheney goes, I disagree that Obama is making this country less safe. Torturing POWs (call em enemy combatants, terrorists, anything you like, they are prisoners from a war therefore they are prisoners of war) and warrant-less wire tapping are not what makes this country safe. If that is the only way you are going to get valuable intelligence about the enemy you are doing things way wrong.

This is not Nazi Germany, we as Americans are supposed to be held to a higher ethical standard and show the world through our words and actions a better morality. One hopefully the world would want to emulate.

Calvin Coolidge said it best, The business of government is business. This government needs to be run exactly like a well run business. A good business runs in the black, no business ever has survived (until recently) by running into the red and taking on more debt than it can ever hope to repay.

Part and parcel to the problems today is the Federal Reserve itself. Why our government has to be loaned the very money it is charged with creating is beyond irresponsible, it is loathsome, awful, and treasonous in my opinion. Using a private institutional bank and printing our currency through loans guaranteed to that bank at interest is appalling!

This legislative and executive branch need to hear out reasonable and sound ideas from the right. If they ignore prudent fiscally sound advice from the republican party they do so at the peril of the 2010 election. I fear that the democratic party will indeed loose the next election cycle massively if they do not take steps now to be more bi partisan and inclusive to the people that believe that our country should be more fiscally responsible.

What will happen down the road and what unfortunately must happen is that taxes across the board will have to be raised. It already has started, they have increased taxes on items like cigarettes. These hidden taxes are going to multiply till eventually they will be forced to raise income tax as well. You cannot balance a budget where there is way more money going out than coming in and expect to lower taxes on 95% of the taxpayers. Once that they are forced to raise taxes on everyone from the wealthiest to the poorest Americans. Republicans will be able to come in as the new "saviors" with the promise of cutting taxes.

The problem here is that historically the republicans tend to cut taxes only on capital gains and income for the wealthiest Americans leaving the brunt of the tax burden to fall on the middle class. They also cut our own throats in the future by cutting spending on education by calling that fiscal responsibility and increasing spending militarily. Our government has to balance our national security with our future fiscal security by making sure that every American has the realistic opportunity to better themselves and go on to higher education. Having generations of illiterate idiots flowing through our schools whose only hope at education comes from military service is a terrible practice.

The democrats in this country need to be more centrist, have the balls to cut spending, and be more fiscally responsible with our tax money. Otherwise the republicans will sweep the mid term elections, they will cut taxes on the wealthiest Americans, make sure to drive business overseas, and expand militarily. They will slash education and medicare once again and call it fiscal conservatism.

Democrats for their own good need to lay off of Rush, Cheney and Bush and concentrate on fixing what is broken in this country, do it soundly and with a long term strategy that will not leave us completely bankrupt. They need to insure that every American has the opportunity to go to a good school, and make sure that our country is protected from those that wish to do us harm.

Partisan name calling and belittling the other side is not going to fix this country. What will fix this country is solid ideas and business acumen. This government should no longer be run with lawyers but with people that have proven that they have the ability to run this government in the black and in fact show a profit. It is possible. But not possible if these people continue to run on the same failed policies of both political parties.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Michelle obama was right when she said America is a mean country, except she forgot to take out America and Country, and add in Democrats are a mean party.

problem fixed

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
if history has taught us anything americans have short memories. the bush cheney hate will sooner or later evaporate. and this country will still be screwed.

the only people who really hate bush/cheney are the extreme far left. and there are more independents and republicans than them.

i saw what gibbs said and the arrogance of it burns me up. acting like 2 year olds when theres more important things to be doing.

it seriously burns me up when dems think better of "terrorists" than a president and vice president of this united states.

[edit on 17-3-2009 by neo67]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by neo67

When I saw that clip the one thought that jumped into my head was what if we had another terrorist attack on U.S. soil any time soon. Would Obama want that clip played on every news network over and over again?
These guys act like since they won the election they have free reign to do anything they want.
I was really hoping Obama would come in and at least try to do some good but it seems like the blame game is much easier. Do they not realize that this will catch up with them??

new topics

top topics

join