It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lose your property for growing food?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisCrikey
.... Come seize it, A - holes! I'm using only heirloom seeds, no hybrids. If my garden gets contaminated and all my seeds inert by Monsanto products and pollens floating in the air WHY CAN'Y I SUE THEM??? Do they think they own the air too?

Down with Monsanto! I wouldn't put it past them to try and own the parts of the air that contain their seed. All farmers who grow using quality genetics have to put up with those A - wipes at Monsanto telling them "Farmer! Your crop has our genetics in it, due to pollination the previous season(s). Your food legally belongs to us.

Well this is where Mr/Mrs Farmer needs to say "Really? Well I can see where your coming from, and I am grateful I am not where your coming from. You have my permission to leave with as much as you can shove up your arse."

To which Monsanto replies, in fancy legal flare, "we are the masssters of your seeds preciousss. It is mine mine mINE! FILTHY Farmerss!" and then try to sue said farmer. Farmer counter sues, or sues before them, on the grounds that Monsanto genetics had sex with his plants WITHOUT his permission, and he would like to know whether Monsanto take responsibility for their genetics or not. If they don't, then just like a stray dog or a wild cat, those genetics are not "owned" by anyone, and are free to do as they, or nature chooses. If they DO take responsibility, then just like an owner of a dog that has mauled someone, or pooed on your neighbor's Persian carpet, they must take responsibility for this.

Anyway It makes sense to me... But there's a lot of senselessness going around... Ink.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Inkrinhuminge

I agree but at the ends its going to take some very smart arse to challenge the role of how air is going to be monitored for now own.

perhaps it will be a new trend to sell air space in the future and what its in it, as long as its within your space limits.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I wonder what this couple talks about when the sit and eat dinner together? If I could be a fly on that wall...

Even small farms need regulation, and this should be left to the states. But this just seems excessive to the point of being sinister. This is a scare tactic for people who want to produce their own food. An rational individual would sell what they could not eat themselves. This leads me to conclude that this is to make individuals wary of trying to step outside of Monsanto for food production.

[edit on 02/21/09 by daeoeste]

[edit on 02/21/09 by daeoeste]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by truth bearer
(how could they miss me I'm 6'3" and 345 lbs of pure organic muscle).

mmmm, are you married??
have any brothers?

Yeah, seriously this is ridiculous and people will not stand for this, I mean if this doesn't wake you up what will??

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Inkrinhuminge

Well this is where Mr/Mrs Farmer needs to say "Really? Well I can see where your coming from, and I am grateful I am not where your coming from. You have my permission to leave with as much as you can shove up your arse."

Bwaa Ha Ha Ha!!! This is a perfect reply.

I have heard that they genetically engineer their crops to work with certain pesticides, I wonder if they could engineer a way to have crops die if they do not receive a certain mineral or supplement to the water that they use for the crops? This would be bad if their crops did happen to infect a natural garden or farm.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Hmmm... well there are few things that we (at least some) of us can produce on our own that are needed for life without "help" from the govt.

Those are food & water. Simply can't live without either one.

Some can grow their own crops and have been doing so without "help" from the govt. This bill changes that and gives govt control over food.

Now the other - water. You'll die quicker without it than you will food. In many parts of the US people still rely on a personal well for water simply because city water lines to not exist in the area.

If I were to make a prediction - something to control personal water wells will be popping up soon. That would give them a lock on food & water.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aoxoa
This is for commercial growers, that intend to sell their products and not just home owners or etc who eat their own produce. ...

But there is in no way any statement that is being made that states if you grow your own food etc, you will be regulated. ...

As a farmer though these would apply to you (If you intend to sell the produce), not as your title suggests that growing your own food would result in all those legislations.

1. Ever go to roadside prduce stands? Farmers' markets? This applies. They're gone.

2. No one says your own garden is subject. YET. (If your garden "affects commerce," you will be regulated.

3. The title says nothing about "growing your own food."

Go back. Read the OP, AND the links. You might want to consider the couple of posts about the farmer who ate what he grew and the feds got him because by doing so, he "affected commerce."

Deny Ignorance.

jw

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

I have to agree with you. We have city water, water rights to a reservoir, and a well. Already, the local water agency ( several of whose members were indicted for corruption last year) has tried to regulate use of our own resources - we paid for development and maintenance of the reservoir by taxes.

I grow vegetables in small plots. Sometimes I have excess. I also sell livestock offspring that I don't want to keep or butcher. This fact alone makes me subject to these new regulations if enacted.

I will not stand for it nor will I pay a single nickel for their "record keeping" and documentation regs. I add nothing to the soil but manure. I do not use pesticides.

This is intrusion beyond reason.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Dang- I have a lot of friends who work/live on an organic farmand this wouldn't help them any. The owner and his underpaid employees and the many volunteers barely get by but they do it because they truly care about the food people eat. They're fully organic and pour their hearts and souls into everything they grow. And because of this they'll be punished. God forbid they get any federal subsidies- the struggling Big-Ag needs those- not the eek-out-a-living farmer.
And they are some of the only sources of true slave labor in America today- in Florida illegal immigrants pick produce for nothing.

Washington is the Worst thing to let your children believe in- it twists their logic into a complete 180. Imagine if the rationale and morals of Washington were forced onto a child fully-- That kid would grow up to be Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Lenin, Allister Crowley, and Obama rolled into one.--Pure evil.

Small farming operations would thrive in the near future if not for this crapola. But instead let's give Big-Ag a decisive edge.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
This is ridiculous my family is having a garden this year to learn and we really want to do it right next year. I guess when they come on the news and say it's against the law to grow your own food we'll just have to dig it all up... a million dollar fine? Not worth the risk.

This is evil evil evil.

What are they going to make illegal next? Canned Goods? Dry foods such as rice and macaroni?

This is ridiculous. I'm sure I'm not giving them any ideas with that. They have really probably thought of everything. You should not centralize the food supply like this, and you should not mess with it with some neo-con philosophy, or whatever philosophy they have on this. The philosophy could be wrong, and the food supply is too important. If I was in government I'd say let the people grow food all over, too much food is a good thing.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I think a lot of people on this board confuse the Disney version of farm animals with the REALITY of livestock. I've seen many farms along the east coast, many run very poorly.

Working with livestock IS NOT like having a dog or cat or horse. These are filthy animals, many mishandled by incompetent "farmer" types.

We're not living in the 'good ole days' as many like to believe, many farmers are NOT gentleman farmers keeping things well kept. Even small farms that are operated like a business do everything to lower costs, keep things simple. This leads to sketchy practices.

Over the years I've seen shyster-farmers have 18-wheeler trucks drop off "food" for animals which was nothing more than GARBAGE and hay, mostly garbage. I can only imagine some of the other ways they cut costs and quality.

I am ALL FOR SMALL FARMS and growing your own food if done properly. But, seriously, who want their cows eating garbage???? You are what you eat, people.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
So grow for yourself. You won't make a living selling veggies out of your back yard anyway, and if you're not farming for distribution, this crack-head legislation doesn't apply.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
You just gotta love how the government is trying to monopolize the farm industry too. Its bad enough that they spray all forms of pesticides and chemicals all over the food, but now they try to take away the few sources of actual nutritous food left. They are slowly poisoning us, and there is absolutely nothing that we will be able to do about it if this comes to pass.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

there is absolutely nothing that we will be able to do about it if this comes to pass.

ignore their laws, and fight. grow your crop, when they come to tear it down, put a bullet in one of em. destruction of private property.

it's difficult for people with families to consider such action, but it will come to a point when people have nothing left to lose.

when was the last time police helped you? aren't they just imposing the will of the government, and now the corporations as well?

I thought they were here to serve and protect, us?

What really needs to be done is when the feds come to your home and tear up your garden, you need to contact your local police, and have the local police arrest the feds in violation of the constitution..

seems pretty far fetched huh? well if we can't get the locals to do their jobs, then all that is left is to protect ourselves, by whatever means necessary.

i don't even own a gun, so they'll be forced to shoot an unarmed man, not like that's stopped them as of late.

my only hope is that the shooting of an unarmed man over a garden hes trying to feed his family with will be enough to get PEOPLE TO ACT! FIGHT!

Protect yourself and each other from this tyrannical government that has become destructive to its own means.

We're on the cusp of seeing global genocide in action.

[edit on 17-3-2009 by djzombie]

[edit on 17-3-2009 by djzombie]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The fact that woman is trying to do this.
And the fact that her Husband working for Monsanto gives her a massive conflict of interest.
Why isn't something done about this corruption?
Why do people constantly overlook it and don't care about it?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Well it's just like that no one makes the connection that the CEO's of the "failing" banks, and receivers of the bailouts, are also the board of directors for the federal reserve.

Yeah, let's print 2 trillion dollars... for ourselves.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by evo190
[I am ALL FOR SMALL FARMS and growing your own food if done properly. But, seriously, who want their cows eating garbage???? You are what you eat, people.]

The same applies for these government-protected companies, who feed their lifestock hormones and pump them full of drugs to keep them producing more and more and on top of that they feed them GMO foods to boost the output even more.

Besides, this bill isnt about lifestock, its about vegetables and fruits. The government wants to ban people from growing their own fruits and vegetables.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
More Monsanto and alimentarius crap! We're seeing TOO MUCH OF THIS lately, and it's becoming glaringly obvious we're screwed. Eat healthy while you can, people!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Lose property for growing food?
We lose property regardless if we grow food.
So let's grow money instead.
Everybody counterfeit money like governments do.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sadisticwoman
More Monsanto and alimentarius crap! We're seeing TOO MUCH OF THIS lately, and it's becoming glaringly obvious we're screwed. Eat healthy while you can, people!

I'm glad you made the connection. The US and the UK are the testing grounds for these kinds of Orwellian control models. Coincidence?

The Codex, the Universal Commerce Code and every other convoluted contrivance they can muster will be used to eliminate every 'cornerstone' of freedom in their sights. And, although I would love to believe otherwise, the government will encourage and cooperate with it at every turn - because it increases their power over the population and makes them more of a 'vital' component of everyday life (such as it is).

Sadly, the opportunists know who to sleep with to make a killing from the plan.

It's a club - and you're not in it!

This trend will increase in severity until there are no more aspects of commercial exchange from which they don't get a direct cut. It starts with 'safety'.... then it moves to 'permission'.

I suspect they will soon eliminate the state-level governments as 'contributory to the 'unmanageability' of national prosperity'. Obviously self-determination is their enemy.

As for calling your representatives..., I remember the senate and congress being literally bombarded with 'no bail-out for banks' emails, faxes, telegrams, and phone calls. It was one of the nation's largest unprompted spontaneous calls for action by the people.... they did it anyway, and not only did they do it, they added billions in earmarks to salt the wound.

They don't work for us. They haven't since a long time ago....

They lie. They're actors. It's showbiz.

[edit on 17-3-2009 by Maxmars]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join