It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed-up Americans mobilize: More than 150 tea parties

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
How about the subsequent bailouts?!
Oh, that stuff is alright because Obama is signing them?
BS...

I would rather people wake up late rather than never at all.

Yeah but you have to agree the timing is more than a bit suspicious.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Jester

"lol are you serious? "tea party". What is that going to help? "

I'm pretty sure it is meant to be symbolic.
If it were meant to be a detrimental blow, people WOULD start hijacking cigarette cargos and dumping them (especially now that they're up at atleast 5 bucks a pack regardless the brand). And maybe it will come to that.
This is a first step.
A symbol letting the Fed know that we are on to them and we are sick of it.

Trust me, the WhiteHouse is putting attention towards it right now.

This is a message. We told them no on the bailouts, they couldn't care less. Before long they will have no choice but to care. And worry.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

What on Earth could you mean?

I don't care the timing.
Better late than never.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
I totally agree with you!

They had to wait eight years to figure out how corrupt the american government was and when bush jr. left they suddenly saw the light and are attacking Obama like a pack of hungry wolfs. If thats not opportunism then I don't know what is.....

Besides people forget that the first bailout money was proposed by the republican administration during the fall of 2008. McCain went as far as to implore Bush to bypass congress and force the bailouts by executive order!

Correctamundo!!

In fact the main reason Obama has to spend more is precisely because Bush handed out that money to the banks and corp$ with absolutely no oversight as to how and where it was spent, and here those companies are now holding our economy hostage once again and howling mad because Obama is actually forcing them to show the People what their plan is for its use.

For all of you angry that Obama is doing this, lest you forget, had Reagan and his cronies not gutted the protections put in place by previous administrations (such as the Sherman Anti-Trust Act) we simply wouldn't be here today, and that's a fact you can take to whatever bank is still running at 100%.

Businesses that are "too big to fail" are too big to exist.

They wouldn't be "too big to fail" if it hadn't been for Reagan, Bush 1, Clinton and Bush 2 letting them run wild over the past 30 years.

THEY set the stage for this situation. And now you're blaming Obama for taking the necessary steps to fix it and put things right, just like the good little right-wing lap-dogs you are. Meanwhile the mega-rich, international corporate interests who are really responsible for this whole mess are laughing Their butts off while their Ditto-Head puppets dance.

Every time one of you posts some crap like "Obama's just as crooked as anyone and voting doesn't matter" They win.

Every time one of you pulls up the stupid BC issue They win.

Every time one of these stupid, misguided "tea parties" takes place, They win.

They're laughing at you while you march across the chessboard like good little pawns.

It's a simple fact, folks: Conservatism is about greed and nothing else. All other emotional arguments They use to con you are just buttons They know will get you in their corner. They're all about dividing and conquering and putting you in your place.

Liberalism and the progressive movement are all about bringing us together so we can truly defeat Them.

ONLY as One Nation can we win.

Live together or die alone. That's your real choice. There's a war on, a war for the existence of the Middle Class and the soul of America. Maybe some of you on the "Right" need to reconsider who you're really fighting for.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

reply to post by jfj123

You would be wrong there.
I was one of many who were VERY vocal about Bush's policies. And I was this way while serving as an Army Infantry soldier.

Good for you !
Seriously, it seems like most of these supposed patriots have come out of the woodwork now just because a democrat is in office.
I do applaud you for coming out against the bush administration.

On a side note, Thank you very much for serving our country. I consider soldiers such as yourself to be hero's of the highest order .

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

The people who make this a partisan issue are doing more harm than they could possibly understand.

You're so wrong I can't even stand it.

One party fights for the People.

The other fights for the Rich.

It's a FACT.

Deal with it.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The liberals and Obama are loving these "stimulus" bills. It's just another way to make the government bigger in their eyes. At least Bush publicly said many times he was very disappointed that he had to sign them but he felt he had to at the time. Probably from all the liberal vultures in congress and in the media putting pressure on him. Funny how nothings changed since Obama took office but no one is saying anything about the same exact issues to obama.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by The Nighthawk

I suppose YOU are forgetting (rather convienently probably) that Obama voted for these same bills before he gained his office.
More of the same.
More of the same.
More of the same.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by The Nighthawk

Talk to the hand... The NAFTA hand.
Pushed for and signed by a liberal.
Two sides.
Same coin.

FACT
Deal with it.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic
reply to post by Techsnow

IMO,many should NOT have had those houses to start with,sorry.

It's not your "God given right" to own a home,especially is you put no money down when you buy it and they knew that you couldn't afford the payments when you filled out the paperwork(low doc of course) they so graciously steered you through for a house that was probably MUCH more than you really needed?

Thats not how it happened. That is what the banks and the Fed want you to think happened. Sure we had too many people that bought over there heads but most of the foreclosures are not becau8se they ever extended themselves but because of and adjustable interest rate.

Read this thread amd learn something.

Heart attacks and forclosures

Most of the poeple with an ARM mortgage were fine with the initial 6-7% rate more than likely more than what you are paying, then the ARM went to 9-12% and they could not do that payment.

Beat up the crooks not the victims.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Thanks for the compliment, but as I've said before, I don't care the timing.

Better late than never.
Don't listen to people who tell you that one of the party is out for your benefit.

They are all imperialistic dogs bent on the enslavement of their own populace.

[edit on 16-3-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
All true patriots and heros. It begins now,I'm so going on the 15th,thanks for the links. I checked one out it was very helpful. There is an event scheduled about 60 miles away from me and I'm taking the day off to go think I'll skip the pay too.
I think we should pull a nationwide solidarity work strike too. Just for one day, this time one week the next. Maybe the week of July 4th lets just all take the whole week,without the pay,thank you.We should have done it with the first bailout.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

Seriously, it seems like most of these supposed patriots have come out of the woodwork now just because a democrat is in office.
I do applaud you for coming out against the bush administration.

I would say they are coming out because the banks see some help being sent the peoples way and the banks run the show. You didnt see anything like this when they bailed the banks out but now that there may be help for your friends, family and neighbors everyone NOW calls for fair play?

Most people are so brainwashed in this country its pitiful.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Look, all I and all of the people I know, want is a fair shake.
It ain't going to happen.
I have and will take up for the sake of the Constitution of The United States Of America.
Let the chips fall, I'm sick of us Americans bickering over right and left.
We are at the point, thanks to Gov't. disinfo and politic-speak, we now snipe at each other and not at the liars that we have to elect.
Thanks, CBS,ABC, NBC, etal.
Right and wrong got lost in the quest to make sure you're side is right.
STOP IT!
I want the federal Gov't to shrink down to the size of maybe, random thought, Omaha's Gov't.
Not picking on Omaha, just wondering, how much Fed does it take to , AHEM, post roads, provide for the National Defense, and deliver the mail?
All other rights are or are not reserved to the States.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LAUGHING-CAT

I agree with everything but one.

The roads are left to States.
The Federal Government was given the authority to protect against counterfeit, piracy and other felony offences on the high-seas.

Nothing else.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
"one party fights for the people"

" one party fights for the rich"

thats the biggest bunch of bs i have ever read.

they both fight for control of you and thats its it.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic
reply to post by Techsnow

I am all for these peaceful demonstrations that at least let the people in power know we're not all drinking the Kool Aid.

Great point! Big 'Lone Star' for you.

Obama's goal is to get as many people as possible on his dole to ensure a re-election constituency and the demise of conservatives/libertarians.

Tea Parties will be our first step to showing where America really stands.

deny ignorance

jw

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
reply to post by jdub297

I think these "patriots" are really just opportunist, neo-cons who have absolutely no interest in protecting our country.

Not everyone from Texas blindly supported all of Bush's policies. Most Obama supporters disregard the lies, theft and harm attributable to his campaign, administration and ideologies.

Watch what happens to the Constitution under BHO!

You are sadly mistaken.

Deny Ignorance!

jw

[edit on 16-3-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
A continuation of the partisan rhetoric only plays into the Government's hand. Creating tension between the masses serves two main purposes:

1. It distracts the public from analyzing the real issues
2. It ensures the majority does not unite and oppose Government policy

There is no real secret as to what is going on here. The longer they keep people in the dark, the longer they can play them. Educated middle class Americans protesting is something which has to be take seriously and not underestimated.

[edit on 16-3-2009 by SphinxMontreal]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The whole thing with Rick Santelli and him calling for a tea party is unnerving to me. Unnerving because he only was frustrated at the fact that money could have been allocated to homeowners in addition to the banks. I don't recall him voicing frustration with the way gubmint was recklessly throwing money at AIG and every other global scam artist. That's what annoys me. If he doesn't have beef with the real root problem here and only has a problem with homeowners getting money out of it then I care not to side with him. The gubmint shouldn't be bailing out ANYONE. Not the homeowners, not the banks and not the corporations who insured bad loans. It's terrible practice through and through and it spells disaster for us all.

I'm with you on calling out the gubmint giving OUR money to these robber barons but leave Santelli and the rest of CNBC out of this. They have been wrong from the beginning and in my eyes they have been colluding with the globalists.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join