It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed-up Americans mobilize: More than 150 tea parties

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
reply to post by StellarX

Are you taking a position on Americans' deciding to demonstrate against status quo (or worse) and their gov't's move to the left, or are you just posting to be critical of capitalism/conservatism?

What a foolish statement

conservatism means: to be in favor of the status quo, to oppose change...

What are you a LEFTY CONSERVATIVE or what???

These Tea Baggings have been highjacked by the GOP - good for you I figure..

FOX stirs the pot again - just like IRAQ - same ploy different details

I see millions of folks who are ALL "INDEPENDENT" spouting the SAME lines, but when they explore the actual grievances it smells fishy.

FOX provides the lines and folks spout them off...
" This tea bagging is being brought to you by AIG"tm

FOX's Ads are great - AIG?????

W A F J!

[edit on 15-4-2009 by mental modulator]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

As I have said in many other threads, the bi-partisan bickering begins to get old in this nonsense. In this particular thread I spoke about Bush and Congress in planning the collapse of the American economy to begin with.

Political Collusion of a President and Congress in Collapsing America, The Fall of the New Rome

And Obama is no different, just a different political party, different colored person than Bush, and speaks a little differently, but a politician, nonetheless.

Politicians do not care one iota about you and I as citizens, and our economic woes.

Who the Hell heard of giving banks money in order to loan citizens money, in order to stimulate spending, when they can not afford their house mortgages now, either due to losing their jobs, or someone else in the family losing their job, or their cars being repossessed for the very same reason?

I'm sorry, I'm not Republican.

I'm sorry, I'm not Democrat.

I'm sorry, I am an Independent, because I am not a partisan politics type person.

This tea-bag protest was a long time coming, since before Obama got into office, back when Bush got us locked into a war a lot of American citizens did not want us involved in. I'm sorry, I do not care about Iraq, nor North Korea, nor China, I care about America.

The only stimulus the politicians are giving, is to their pay-offs of the banks getting them kickbacks.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Just got back from the Atlanta Tea Party.

I would just like to say that those who are claiming that these protests have been "highjacked" by Fox News, the GOP, the NWO, etc, etc, ad nausium, could not be more wrong.

I saw Americans at the Tea Party. Just normal people who are Tea'd off about government spending and lack of accountability.

I must say that I do get a kick out of reading the posts from people sitting in their mom's basement and repeating what they heard on CNN as the gospel truth. Too bad that they didn't go to the Tea Parties, they could probably use some sunshine!

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
It is time to get serious. Tea Parties seem limited to taxes. We need to unite under the Constitution. Without the Constitution we are not the United States of America. The problem we face is not that our taxes are too high, it is that the will of the American people is not what is shaping the legislation, and the legislation if enacted will be ruinous to our country.
We have allowed Executive Orders to illegally suspend the Constitution. To suspend the Constitution is to make a coup d'etat against our country. It doesn't matter if it is supported by the President and congressional leaders and upheld by the Supreme Court and enforced by the army, it is still illegal and unconstitutional and treasonous.
We need to get together in Tea Parties and declare our allegiance to the Constitution and declare that anything else is a Coup D'Etat and treason and get the word out because the media is not going to.
Also, mandatory vaccinations are unconstitutional and illegal. Don't worry about the flu, the horrible swine flu pandemic of 1918 was caused by vaccinations, not by the flu. We should refuse vaccinations and challenge their legality if the government persists.
Whatever we do. we need to do it fast.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by m khan
It is time to get serious.

The problem we face is not that our taxes are too high, it is that the will of the American people is not what is shaping the legislation, and the legislation if enacted will be ruinous to our country.

We have allowed Executive Orders to illegally suspend the Constitution.

We need to get together in Tea Parties and declare our allegiance to the Constitution and declare that anything else is a Coup D'Etat and treason and get the word out because the media is not going to.

Whatever we do. we need to do it fast.

Maybe the People are waking up from "the Dream." Too long have we been lulled to sleep by soothing words and empty promises filled with "hope" that the government wouyld be the solution to our ills.

Isn't it time we finally say: ENOUGH!"

Obama and his cronies are out for power. Nothing more or less.

"Obama Social Agenda moving forward by crisis"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

deny ignorance

jw

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Since originally posted, I've been to 2 "tea party" rallies; in Indiana and Texas.

Although driven by taxes and deficits, the meetings included people concerned about a variety of government intrusions and expansion, and including critics of both the current and previous administrations.

Patriotism is beholden to no party.

As for Executive Orders, these have been the basis of Obama's overreaching from the start.

It is spreading and will include privacy and health as well.

Environmental Dictatorship By Decree

www.abovetopsecret.com...

jw

[edit on 17-8-2009 by jdub297]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join