It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed-up Americans mobilize: More than 150 tea parties

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by neo67

They took all of it - "ALL"

There is no gold, it is all in a private reserve if you know what I mean and its a foreign entity.

They robbed us all blind - Did anyone catch Cramer "Mad Money" on John Stewert "Daily Show"

Does that tell you anything? It does me!

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

But I guess I'm wondering why people are fighting so hard to reinstate a system, or perceiving to reinstate which I don't want to debate right now either, that has obviously failed. A system which has cost them so much.

So We DO Agree..
We will have to talk more later because I do have to go to work tommorrow so I can earn some taxable income to help fund the banks and there bailouts.

But seriously, I can't answer your question. It might be ignorance, a sense of entitlement, LAZINESS, Just don't care, Afraid to Stand UP for it. who knows?
But I think it's gonna hurt...

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by lunarminer
reply to post by neo67

The largest gold deposit in the world is actually in New York City! It's true, it's under the Federal Reserve Bank. This depository contains a significant portion of the US supply of gold and the gold of other nations.

International transactions are conducted in gold, and when one country buys something big from another, they call the Federal Reserve Bank and they move the gold from one stack to another for a buck!

Here's a link, www.nytimes.com/2007/10/31/nyregion/31gold

ok but does the us government add to it like they do the oil reserve?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by prd1

Glad that you took a look. Tell others about the thread if you will.

I am not much younger than you, 48, and I am back in school. I am going for my Masters in Business. I am going to try and organize the "Integrity Party" at my school, and then I will use that organization to spread it to the other college campuses in Atlanta. Once that is done, we will try to spread statewide.

I am hoping that the movement will catch on and that others will carry it to other states. Like you, I am fed up with the corruption in our political system and I think that we desperately need a game changer.

I am looking at the long view with this and I know that it will take years, probably decades but we need to start now.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienChaser

Well, I think I have a partial answer, and it does hurt

The human-being is at the same time incredibly complex and incredibly simple.
The truth I don't think most of them see, or perhaps don't want to, about the system is that it's working exactly the way it's supposed to. Or, perhaps more correctly, as it has been planned to.

Feel free to contact me. I'm always happy to share and commune ideas and thoughts. It's the only real currency we have, as far as I can see.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lunarminer

The majority of my family has relocated to cleveland tnn. All were from Flint MI. So you may have an idea of their attitudes . I've been out of work since jan. so I may pack the Hog and head south for a while. This may very well be a good time to get together and butt heads...plan to make plans. cast seed to the spring winds . If I may ,I'll copy and past it inother forums with your permission .

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
You know, I have never been to a protest. I guess better late than never. Come on people, lets band together. Its good to look around and know your not the only one...April 15, 2009, I will be at the tea party in my city.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by prd1

You have my permission to post anything in that thread that you would like.

I have checked out the rules for registration in Georgia and I have to say that I was surprised at how simple the rules are. So, my next step is going to be scheduling a group meeting on my campus. I will put the results of that on the thread. Keep me posted on what you're plans are. By the way, Atlanta still has quite a few jobs, depending on what your skills are. The rest of the state is really hurting though.

I'll see you all at the demonstrations!

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
i figured out how to pay off the national debt tonite.....

price of gold in 2000 was $272 its over $920 today and has hit $1000 an ounce twice in the past 2 years.

my plan of action: buy gold and add it to the federal reserve just like we buy oil an add it to the federal reserve. in 10 or 20 years. sell high not all at once that would flood the market thereby lower gold prices but a "time release" approach and let the market absorb it.

the 2 biggest gold markets in this world right now are china and india.

i think its something to be looked into i have not seen any politcian have any clue or plan year to date to even address the defict.

can you imagine our country without the 10 or 12 trillion defict hanging over our heads.
can you imagine........less taxes for everyone

of course the obama regime needs to stop spending out freaking money.

sorry for being off topic and sorry for the lame idea

[edit on 16-3-2009 by neo67]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by lunarminer
I am hoping that the movement will catch on and that others will carry it to other states. Like you, I am fed up with the corruption in our political system and I think that we desperately need a game changer.

Why not try to organize at one of several of the tea parties coming to your area? Why not consider a "party" that has already been organized, like the Libertarians? They've got a plan and are about to 'roll' a state government. A small step, but all journeys begin with a step.

deny ignorance

jw

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Hey, thanks for your comments. I will be going to the demonstrations around Atlanta and I will take some flyers with me.

On the subject of reforming the existing system, I don't think that it is possible to use an existing party to do it. I like the Libertarian position on a lot of things but then again, I think that they are way off on others.

The problem with all other political parties is that they have a platform of positions and the candidate must compromise his beliefs in order to conform to the party. This is part of the problem with the system that is in place today. The compromises that a candidate must make for his party damages his integrity and starts the individual down the path of corruption.

The candidate must be free to make up his own mind on the issues according to his own conscience. The party should support him/her in that. That is where the Integrity Party would be different. There is no formal platform for the party, instead the party is there to support the candidate in their own positions and to keep them from compromising their beliefs, this helps to maintain the integrity of the individual. Lying, cheating, and stealing is not tolerated by the party, and so the traditional slimy politician can not survive for long in the Integrity Party.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Go America.......Wake up please....wake up...please.......Americans

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by antmax21

From what I see here and elsewhere, something serious is brewing.

It will happen in our lifetimes that government in the US, maybe elsewhere, changes dramatically.

jw

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Im glad Im finally seeing progress regarding the awakening!

Starred! Keep good cover on the topic guys, were not too far away from changing it all.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo67
i learned of the teaparties thru fox- this isnt being shown on any other msm news stations.

guess they dont think the american people voicing there disatifaction of the obama regime is important.

i support what these people are doing speak out agianst wrong its our
duty.

i am surprised rick santelli still has a job anyone speaking out agianst obama gets destroyed.

nbc is one of the most pro obama cheerleaders in the msm.

[edit on 16-3-2009 by neo67]

This is true. I looked at CNN, NBC, MSNBC & CNBC

It's creepy visiting those web sites ... I have all my shields at maximum and the shiny glimmering of their sites reflect from my glazed gaze. I hope that I wasn't infected at all although I just feel all dirty now...

CBS scripting kept trying to reconnect to my Firefox (I use a proxy and it reveals their attempts realtime) more than once AFTER I left... I have no time to research their _javascripting code. Those websites are a dirty stain on the technological web.

Sorry to get side tracked... I'm on late again

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo67
i figured out how to pay off the national debt tonite.....

price of gold in 2000 was $272 its over $920 today and has hit $1000 an ounce twice in the past 2 years.

my plan of action: buy gold and add it to the federal reserve just like we buy oil an add it to the federal reserve. in 10 or 20 years. sell high not all at once that would flood the market thereby lower gold prices but a "time release" approach and let the market absorb it.

I think we all appreciate ideas for repaying the national debt, unfortunately this is particular idea is misguided. The Federal Reserve is not ours. It is a Private Banking System that controls our economy. The last thing most of us want to do is give away what little gold is left to these Private Bankers.

Again, it is terrific to post ideas, thats what this place is all about. Sorry if I came off rude.

If you want the real story on the Federal Reserve System do a Youtube Search or Google "The Creature From Jekyll Island". It is a history lesson that the entire country needs to learn. Seriously, it is interesting, enlightening, and enraging.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
"Bailing out reckless businesses and individuals is neither the burden of responsible, hard-working American taxpayers nor the role of government."

This is probably the most appropriate way to explain the current situation, because it can be understood by everybody. It no longer matters how many times it's been said. Keep saying it until there's nobody who hasn't heard it. Now is the time.

- Strype

P.S. Bailing out reckless businesses and individuals is neither the burden of responsible, hard-working American taxpayers NOR the role of the government.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

Fed-up Americans mobilize: More than 150 tea parties

www.worldnetdaily.com

Patriots put blazing heat on Washington, rebuke reckless spending by government
A revolution is brewing as American patriots and free-market advocates protest against with more than 150 nationwide tea parties.
John M. O'Hara of The Heartland Institute is helping coordinate a number of national tea party events.
"Our message is simple: 'Bailing out' reckless businesses and individuals is neither the burden of responsible, hard-working American taxpayers nor the role of government," he said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
forums.wnd.com
www.reteaparty.com
taxdayteaparty.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Thousands gather for 'Tea Party' in Protests
CNBC Host calls for revolution (tea party), mocks Obama plan

The bottom line is, the Large Corporations are driving the government
not the other way around. All those Corporate Bribes (I mean donations),
sets the whole tone as to who's in charge.

They're not going to get the $160 Million back, the only chance would
be tax. But....how much collective Tax will there be on $160 Million ?, $16 maybe.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
A tea party sounds so.....silly.

FEAR US FOR WE SHALL INTIMIDATE THE GOVERNMENT WITH TEA.

:shk:

This is so serious it calls for torches and masses approaching Washington, the hell with the sissy tea party.

These are different times.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Im not sure if you know where the term "Tea Party" comes from.

They weren't drinking tea

It was a revolt against tea taxes in Boston in 1773 which led to the American Revolution

It wasn't about drinking tea . lol

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join