It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the odds for life on a planet?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Le Colonel

You make a great point with the mirror thing. like A-R pointed out we are infact the reason for the universe.. not god but just us..

let me try to say this in a logical way that people understand here

We ask questions becuase that is the game.. the methord of asking infact keeps the universe going because its quantom.. without the questions we ask there is no need for the universe or humans.. now why do we ask and why is the universe based on this principle? well it could be said that the univers is god asking if he wants to smoke a ciggert or not. the universe could be a thought in a higher bieings thought prossecss "would make sens" but then the the point is why bother asking??

for me this is what sets us apart from aliens "they stoped asking" and got on with the job of staying alive inside the question "Life" itself is a question.. do we as humnans want to keep on asking? or to just fade away?

this is the question facing ALL of humanity right now

our path has 2 ways .. No questions and exstinction or do we use our questions we ask to keep us asking why

infinity is the key word.. we can keep asking but its up to us if we chose to do so..

life is out there.. the universe has made it that way in order for the universe to do what it does "propergate" the question to renew.. we are the force that makes it renew itself..

I want to keep asking the question always..

humans have the gift of asking the questions THATS what makes us human..

lets keep asking !!

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

All people know this. Deep down, all people realize that they are completely and totally insignificant. I just hope that our words here can help more people realize that it is alright to acknowlege this.
Because once you acknowledge that this is insignificant, the easier it is to disregard the crap that doesn't make you happy while you are here.

The realization that this body is insignificant. Once you realize that, you are open to spiritalization. That is where Religion got a hold on people, or science. But they are both trying to define the 3demsional reality we are in. There are greater energies at work in the universe, magnetic fields, particles flying through our body at the speed of light (or close), these things exist in another realm other than our own. Our energy, our soul, our self, will leave this body when it expires and we will be in another realm.
Food, sleep, everything you think as reality is nothing but a slower vibrational state. Higher energies travel, vibrate faster and exist within this one, but in another state completely. We go there after. The ancients have all been saying this. all religions say this. there is no hell, there is no heaven, there is only after. I dont know what it is, you have to be there to know, but when you are there, you will not want to come back, cause want will not mean anything. Its another state of being. (like Q in startrek if anybody reads that)

Im rambling now, too many drinks and spliffs. Nite folks.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Yeah, fun talking guys.
Same here, though. I'm out. And most likely done with this thread.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Because once you acknowledge that this is insignificant, the easier it is to disregard the crap that doesn't make you happy while you are here

I wil be honest.. i may not think the same as others.. infact i hate my life not becuase of how i am or how others are but the sheer hate i have for the over complexness of such a simple question.

My name my have changed,, but My views are the same.. and the question still remains,, i dont hide who i am i dont hide how humanity is i dont hide the truth.. but i look i see i hurt just the same as the next person..

In some ways my understanding of life is a burden for me and me alone.. but i know in my heart we are going wrong, we ask if there is life on other planets when the amazing thing is we are here.,

god? did god or the probibliyt of mathmatics put me here? did i question it just like every other person "yep"..

I cant make others belive what i say, i cant make people think the world is round..

but and i say this with my hand on my heart.. we question life and our own reality because we have to, we question god becuase that is one of the same thing, my life is no different to yours my preception is ..

the universie is alive, we question it as a fucntion because if we dont we wouldnt be here..

i dont know it all i dont even know why i know what i do or why i was givin this prespective, but it was for a reason.. and i will never stop saying the truth..

it has nothing to do with god nore some agenda it has to do with the very very real fact i look out my window and cry.. our entire life is based on a lie and a question..

we can do so much more if we wanted.. and ants yes ants make me feel humans are the dumbest things on this planet and we are content to see our own race removed from this "dream" we call relaity..

how very sad..
i hope one day someone looks at my posts and understand the magnutide of this other than my spelling and grammer.. and gives me some credit for being honest.

looking in the mirror is the reason i say what i do.. i dont hide how i am but many people do..

humanity looks right back at you everyday i just wis that mirror would relfect better

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jeffcoatsawakening

You might want to look at drakes equation, it says that there should be at least over 600 planets with beings that we can communicate with. Earth is nothing special, just a small blue dot in forever.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
if there is an infinite number of planets (which there would be considering new ones are born constantly)

then that means that there are an infinite number of planets that have life

remember, if you take an infinite number, and apply any mathematical equation to it, its still ends up to be infinite

this also means that the percentage of other "intelligent life" in existence is 100%, with something like this its either all or nothing, and since we exist it proves that its possible

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by iwishicould

spot on

We are the reason for aliens, we are the proof

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join