It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 223
<< 220  221  222    224  225  226 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I like it! Nary a miscue that I could see as to characterizations, and it's defused itself - more or less. That can be worked with! Check it for typos, and fire away in the story thread!

I've got the better part of two more posts hashed out, one generic and the other specific, but can't use either one at the moment. The second one involves the last breaths of Bransom. It's sort of grisly, and involves neno in a cold-blooded murder that's made convincingly to look like an "accident", and I'm just not sure whether to use it or not when the time comes.

The first is yet another "dream sequence", and so requires neno to somehow get some shut -eye.

I suppose I need to start thinking on a third, something more relevant to the situation at hand!

Great job, Silo. As far as I'm concerned, you can post away!

Edit to add: I really liked where neno picks up on Dag being a girl, and BIAD subtly corrects him by calling him... er... her.. er... well, anyhow, calling Dag "boy" right out loud where neno can pick up on that... all that testosterone clouds the mind at times, eh?

edit on 2011/2/7 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Ok, will wait for BIAD and then go from there - like you said typ o's etc - wasn't going to put a lot of time into refining it if it was a wash.

Also, if you'd like to add the dialog you want post it and I'll insert + give credits.

Got any ideas how we're going to get back on the Yydryl?

Looking forward to the Bransom scene - grizzly or no...

Thanks

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I'm hoping Tibbs, being a veteran of the Interdimensional Timeways, has a nugget stashed to get us home...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Brilliant!!!
Onwards!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Done and thanks you two.
I did some editing (like where I called Neno Neon, lol) and cleaned up and tweaked a few things but it's basically the same.

Now, how in the blazes do we get out of there! BIAD???

By the way, before I forget. If I didn't mention it before in the working thread I asked CindyMars a while back (via email) if she minded us 'cabin breaking'. She loved the idea and said we're welcome to 'stay as long as we want'.
I have a feeling Silo might not last that long, but I wanted to carry the word forward if I forgot to before.

Thanks again!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I've made that precise same mistake - typing "neon" for "neno" - that's what put me on to the typos to begin with. I've done it so often that I'm subconsciously geared towards looking for that combination!

Now, what do you mean "Silo might not last that long"? Silo can't die - it will leave Yydryl entirely crewless!

That makes Silo immortal...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Yeah I got a kick out of the Neon part...

Oh, and what I meant was CindyMars invited us to stay as long as we want, but, I have a feeling if Silo doesn't get back to Ship soon she'll expire. Maybe we can figure out a way to ship her back to the Yydryl on her own so we can hang out on earth?

No, honestly I've no idea what's up next... I'm hoping you two can figure out a way to get us back to Ship.

hint hint lol

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Now, how in the blazes do we get out of there! BIAD???

Hand the eyeless freak a piece of quartz and ask him to scratch it!
Watch what happens... and if it goes well, his hair stands up with the
static!!!
Trust me.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
This is the post we've been waiting for - we have most of the characters consolidated in one place, at the same time, and can forge onward from here. I'm all for moving the whole gang back to 'our' time and place, rather than just sending Silo back on her own.

Think for a moment - your sister is in a bad way, may not make it. Are you gonna curl up a little geegaw in her hand and say "click this - it might get you to a hospital, or it might drop you in the middle of an ocean, but I'm gonna stay here and vactaion out my R+R - see ya, and good luck!"

Nope.

So I'm all for all of us going back - after we try to stabilize Silo.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

You're right Neno - upwards and onwards...

Take us home!

peace

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I'll try to get something up in the story today. I've got to go back and review to get my bearings - find out where Silo is, how things are arranged, etc. Since there isn't any blood expander around, I'm thinking that some broth out of bullion cubes or something like that might be in order to get her condition brought up enough to travel. Fluids and electrolytes, administered orally. Probably unlikely to find any IVs there, so we'll have to work with what we've got.

I can't recall if Tibbs got neno's trinket fixed, or recharged, or whatever it was, so I'll have to check into that, too. Might be a ticket home.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Yeah... the Vithian got the necklace fully charged and ready.
I'm still abit behind on the characters... what does 'Milli' look like?

If worst-comes-to-worst, you may look to call on BIAD's brother
for assistance... although I presume you are not on his 'best chums' list!!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Milli is an off shoot of Carpet - a Milli-Being (millions of parts making a 'one'). He has no 'look' only a voice.
He uses Squatch the cat as a host - or anything with natural fibers. I dunno how Cindy and I came up with him talking, but, there ya go, the magic of...bs maybe? LOL

Beyond that I think you've got pics of Chumley, Silo, and Dag? All we've got so far is pretty youth with violet eyes and ash blond/white hair.

Adam? A young Sean Conery is the only name I can think of in English that might do it.
If you know Italian actors he's an older version of this guy: Riccardo Scamarcio

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thanks Silo... I have a small episode that may assist, but I think Neno may
have something too...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Oh, Neno, Silo is still wrapped in animal skins laying in front of the fire.
Unconscious - massive blood loss.
Nothing that getting her back to Ship and her PHARS (healing cell/machine in her rooms) can't fix.
I think.
Not sure...
We'll find out.

peace

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I'm trying to 'see' Adam... did he get his missing hand soerted?
I do apologise for not payinga attention -Silo, I race ahead and
miss so much.
Dag is just a boy also?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Oh, Neno, Silo is still wrapped in animal skins laying in front of the fire.
Unconscious - massive blood loss.
Nothing that getting her back to Ship and her PHARS (healing cell/machine in her rooms) can't fix.
I think.
Not sure...
We'll find out.

peace

Oops. I didn't catch that in the review before I posted. I'll have to figure out a fix for it. Maybe I can have Chumley put her to bed at the beginning - something like "Chumley, oblivious to the tension, had picked up a pile of furs from before the fireplace and disappeared somewhere with it." Dag, being he quick 'lad' he is, would likely have noticed that while everyone else was focused elsewhere, maybe.
edit on 2011/2/10 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

Edit again: How's the revision? Does that cover it?
edit on 2011/2/10 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Great work - really enjoy the new posts.

I want to hear the rest of BIAD'S story too...

Here's a question for you two...

I have no plans for the 'baby'. For me 'it's' a lost-leader for future plots. If you have use for it, go for it. Margot confirms 'it's' important? I've nooo idea at the moment but I trust her judgment.

Take into consideration the 'Rootak' (CindyMar's creation) have the baby and there's enough evidence in the story line for readers tot hin it's alive. On the other hand the Rootak are impossible to find unless they want to be found (big footy things that they are).

So the question is are you going to take that on? Follow Margot's orders - or - do you want Silo tell you it died? (While she's in and out of consciousness)?

Makes no difference to me either way - you're call - just let me know what you want Silo to tell you about the baby.

Thanks!

edit on 11-2-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

About the location and disposition of the baby - I dunno. I'll have to think on it, maybe sleep on it. Margot said something like that in the last dream-thingy too. Might have to do something to get it out of the 21st century, or might have to leave neno IN the 21st century.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Yeah, that's why I was asking as Margot brought it up as important.
I'll stay away from the subject (in the story line) until I hear from you - or - just touch on it briefly, like Neno asking a vague question here or there.

WAIT! Could it be? The baby is... NENO?

lol

later
edit on 11-2-2011 by silo13 because:

new topics

top topics

<< 220  221  222    224  225  226 >>

join