It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 220
<< 217  218  219    221  222  223 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Ok, Adam, Dag and Chumley are going to meet up now at the cabin. Call it serendipity. Anddddd, I've no idea if they'll need help getting out of there or not.

Love the last few post there BIAD!

peace

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Rising to pace the room Adam tried at calm, but he was furious. Furious at Bransom’s cruel treatment of Dag. An innocent. He wanted to kill her, but his own base desire to do her violence disgusted him. Adam made his way to a small portal in the side of the room to stare into space. Deep, peaceful space.

Thankfully, nenothtu seems to have no such compunction. He's in touch with his inner barbarian, at peace with his less gentle side. I don't believe he's got any discernible self-loathing over the ummm... sudden actions he is prone to taking from time to time, either.

Does that make him evil? I dunno. I suppose that's in the eye of the beholder. What it DOES make is Bransom a marked woman. She seems to have stepped over the fine line between President and Dictator in his absence.

Remember, neno has spent most of his life as a mercenary. That means he sets his own loyalties as he sees fit, rather than just having loyalties issued to him, as appears to have been the case with Adam's door guards.

So then, when he returns, there's a choice to be made. Loyalty to a crippled UEF governing establishment rapidly going off the rails and over the banks, or loyalty to the people who make up the UEF, and apparently AGAINST that establishment.

That particular choice is only a difficult one for blind patriots, whose patriotism is issued to them by the very establishment that cannot survive without their support.

In this case, it won't even survive WITH their support.

Nenothtu is about to go all assassin on us, which he appears to be in training for at this very moment. Renegade? Only time will tell.

Not sure what to do about Penelope at this point. Most of the character writers have fallen by the wayside. Keep her going with NPC's, or come back to a derelict, mysteriously devoid of crew? Starwolf got crunched by the Buzzards ('scuse me while I cry into my keyboard!), and Penelope is a bit big to fly with just the untrained three of us. Run her with NPC crew? Steal a smaller shuttle type ship from the derelict Penelope? Beg Yydryl for a berth on her crew?

I dunno. Decisions, decisions. The only thing I know is that Bransom is a goner as soon as neno hears Adams report!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Ok, Adam, Dag and Chumley are going to meet up now at the cabin. Call it serendipity. Anddddd, I've no idea if they'll need help getting out of there or not.

Love the last few post there BIAD!

peace

It seems that since Death has promised to "take us to SILO" when this job is done, that may turn out to be serendipity X3!

My poor pet "kitty"! Probably getting hungry by now, I'll bet the upholstery in that flyer will be a mess when we get back to it!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Don't worry about that ferocious creature prowling the cockpit of the Sprite, I keep
bringing him food every so often, although last time I nearly lost my whole dress!

Sorry for the delay, in the real world Mr. Death jumped a close friend and with my
position in my hobby, the financial side of running it had been left to him.
A lot of folk are looking to me to clean up things and get them back on track!

I have another episode in my head ready to put on here later today (it's 4.00am here!)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Hey, it would be cool Serendipity 3 came about. LOL, we'll all crash CindyMars cabin for a house par-tee!

As for the Penelope - wouldn't it be cool to leave here like that... Scary creepy cool that.

Yeah, Adam has this inner turmoil thing going - unlike you're getting in touch with your 'inner barbarian' was it? ROTFL

Hope to have a SHORT post up soon. The long ones are just too...well long I guess.

joy

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Don't sweat it. Take care of first things first, and we'll be here when you are. Sorry to hear about your loss.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
BIAD - wow, death at your door. Take care my friend and peace to you and yours... Of course the Opera can and will wait. I hope and pray for peace for the family of your friend too.

CindyMars sends each here a 'Hello'! She's more than willing to have use use the 'cabin' as a little 'house party' is need be. She's looking forward to seeing how we 'break in' to her place.

BIAD, please do not think I'm being crass to include Space Opera info in this post, but, It's better to do so than to have the post removed all together - and CindyMars did send her best wishes to us all.

peace

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
To Silo & Nenothtu.
Thank you for the condolences, he was a great guy and I'd known him for
many years. He was sort of chap that would say just keep going, so I will.

I really enjoyed the last posting... I laughed at the Ike and BIAD meeting
and the words just seemed to just pop into place!

Let's just keep going!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
"It's all in hand..." Har har har har har!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
"It's all in hand..." Har har har har har!

Sorry... I couldn't resist!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
*Looks at above posts...and writers...*

Not gonna say a thang...

And from there - almost all the ducks in one place at CindyMars cabin.

Will hang for bit and see what happens...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Knock Knock,
Who's there?
Pants.
Pant's who?

Badgerpants.

Just wanted to drop in and say hi guys. Hope you are all doing well. I'm still too busy to dedicate any time to writing but I just wanted to say hello and that I miss working with you guys.

Take care.

Bill

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Just poking your head in the door but not coming back to write?

Tease!

Wrap that job up and come back home!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Hi Silo... I'll push it along now and get the trio there a.s.a.p.
I hope to get chance sometime later today.

Oh how 'Boy' will miss those swishing dresses!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Take your time
No rush... But I am looking forward to it!

*Waves Hi to BadgerBritches*

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Neno cleared his breathing passages and scratched his stubbled chin.
"Mr. Nenothtu...?" Tibbs said and turned to face the Gunslinger, Neno recognised a
genuine earnestness in the little man's voice, "... I think that servant is you"

and

"I'm nobody's servant... and if he offers me the position, he'll find he's backed the wrong
guy" Neno hissed and readjusted his low-crowned hat, the temperature around the
gunslinger had suddenly dropped -Tibbs felt and the Vithian gulped with trepidation.

Now, THAT'S one bad hombre!

I've been batting a similar notion around in my head, but it just won't jump into words for me. Now, the part about being death's servant is creepy, but when you think about it, they do seem to have SOME sort of linkage, always bumping into one another. After thinking about it, I've come to the conclusion that is the very reason neno isn't as scared of Death as the average human usually is. He's already seen Death, wearing a thousand different faces in a thousand different places, and realized it's always the same guy - anywhere, anywhen.

While they're not exactly best buds, I reckon you could say they're pretty constant companions, and neno has realized that Death is always around, always lurking somewhere, doing his job. No point in being scared of it or trying to run, because when your number is up, it's up, and there ain't no escaping it. Best to just be at ease with mortality, and recognize that it's coming for everyone and everything, sooner or later. I suppose that realization would tend to vaporize one's fear of Death. Vaporize the fear of Death, not necessarily a grudging respect for it.

Then again, he could just be tired of livin'....

There's a lot to be said for being able to stare Death in the face, stare him down and not blanch in the process, knowing that ultimately, subject to the rules of the game, Death WILL win in the end, but not getting scared enough to back down. THAT'S defiance!

Like I said, THAT'S "un hombre malo"!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

But can you look in a mirror and say 'DEATH' three times...
On never mind, that's Candy Man. (Damn good flick).

I've got a post brewing - the 'kids at the cabin' - but it'll not bungle up your plans so I'll post as soon as I get it edited.

peace

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

First off... edit on 2011/1/24 by nenothtu because: Cleaning up a toxic attitude spill in the edit room.

I giggled at that and so did BIAD!

Secondly, poor Death is now in a bit of a pickle! If Neno's idea is true and Mr. Death wants
you to be the 'Silver Surfer' to his 'Galactus', then the poor Keeper Of Souls will be trailing after
you, begging you to sign on the dotted line.
(By the way, the only Surfer is Jack Kirby's Surfer) -one for the stalwarts.

It's gonna be difficult for you to ignore.... tut, tut!!

I enjoyed it.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

First off... edit on 2011/1/24 by nenothtu because: Cleaning up a toxic attitude spill in the edit room.

I giggled at that and so did BIAD!

Yeah, now I have to get a fresh mop for the edit room - that one is spent, it's DONE! I had to edit it about a dozen times, mostly for typos, and the last couple were changes and clarifications, but I'm done with the edits now.

Secondly, poor Death is now in a bit of a pickle! If Neno's idea is true and Mr. Death wants
you to be the 'Silver Surfer' to his 'Galactus', then the poor Keeper Of Souls will be trailing after
you, begging you to sign on the dotted line.
(By the way, the only Surfer is Jack Kirby's Surfer) -one for the stalwarts.

It's gonna be difficult for you to ignore.... tut, tut!!

I enjoyed it.

Aye, but wouldn't that screw up neno's mortality? Like the Queen song says, "who wants to live forever?" Neno won't bite on that deal - immortality has to get downright boring after a few centuries, after you've seen it all - at least twice, and remember it from the first sighting anyhow. That's probably a factor allowing him to do what he does - the knowledge that it HAS to end sometime.

The interplay in that contest of Death trying to get neno to sign on COULD get pretty lively, though!

edit on 2011/1/24 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Just a quick note.

First, as you might have read Adam is uptight about sexuality.
He’s no ‘phobe’ but it will be interesting to see how he interacts with BIAD.
That, and I’m sure BIAD will figure out right away what Dag’s secret is.
I can only imagine how much fun BIAD might have torturing Adam over that secret, one Dag will do anything to keep hidden!

top topics

<< 217  218  219    221  222  223 >>

join