It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 162
<< 159  160  161    163  164  165 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Studious

Like I said in the U2U - yes, she did.
But no problem we can work out of it.

Anyway, if I could get some information from you or if you could point me to the part in the thread where it explains the pod went from being a tiny thing you could only lay down in - to something big enough we could all watch the tapes on it? Or am I missing something?

My eyes are tired so I'm sure I'm not seeing or understanding something correctly about the pod, sorry...

[edit on 8-8-2009 by silo13]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

My apologizes I posted my post before I read your last U2U.

I'm only saying I never received any U2U from Cindymars about wanting to be at the meeting by the pod. (I know because I never deleted any U2U's I only save them.)

She did however say that she wanted to be at the larger meeting with the entire Penelope crew at the large conference table.

This doesn't mean she didn't want to be at the meeting by the pod. It just means I never heard she did.

As for the viewscreen I said in my last post...

Originally posted by Studious
Unrelated:

As for viewing the data tapes I pictured everyone huddled around a small television screen in the "coffin-like" pod.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by Studious]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

No problem Studious

How's this?

I’ll have to break into the conversation and interrupt your tapes Studious. (Sorry)
Deson will be at least assured enough they’re valid not to incarcerate you, but.... I'll still have to interrupt.

Deson, I‘ll inform you I‘ve yet to make contact with CindyMars and we can‘t continue without her and since Chumley is the only Security Officer left on Ship (an already established fact) he should be there for the *reading*.

Also, Ship will probably chime in something about needing the information to be read on her information banks to check for corruption in the tapes which Chumley will concur with - he may be a mountain of goo but he’s an expert with the computer systems.

Also, who knows what kind of gimmicky thing the pod could be showing us? (NO insult, just prudence)... The tapes when they’re played on Ship’s system will automatically scan for falsifications etc and all in all will lend a lot more credence to the Studious tapes and ensure we back him with no doubt. NO insult Studious but it does make sense to do some scanning of this material from a guy who we should have clapped in chains...

So, I’ll make these suggestions and well have to head off to the conference room like Deson suggested, or, to somewhere you feel comfortable Studious.

Does this sound ok? Something along these lines?

If not let me know, or as always if you have something to add let me know. I’ll pass the post by you all before it goes into the thread as - with so many people being involved in one scene I feel we should touch bases before posting, but that’s just me...

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

That sounds good.

Are you going to put up a new post where you contact Cindymars and Chumley and we all move to the conference room? (I'm assuming this is what you meant.)

Or will we need to move the meeting earlier and change some posts?

[edit on 8-8-2009 by Studious]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well one thing that is kind of interesting to see is that I would see like 4 or 5 members online and somebody would make a post in the Opera and it gets like 1 or 2 stars kind of makes them/me feel like we are being judged.

Slayer, I gave up looking at stars a long time ago.
When?
When we’ve had new members join (not you Deson - you deserve every star you’ve gotten in my opinion and more) but other new members who come in - ransack the place - get 12 stars on a first post to never be heard from again - after leaving a mess for everyone else to clean up.

As for the judging - I don't think it goes that deep...

[edit on 8-8-2009 by silo13]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Give me until tomorrow morning your time - no need to change anything in your post.

By the time you all get up in the morning the post should be up (baring a catastrophe here)...

Thanks for the input

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Hey guys I want to thank everybody...

I've enjoyed being a part of a great thread. It has for the most part been a blast. I can't honestly say all of it but what they hell such is life. I'll be looking forward to working with the crew of the Penelope on a proper exit.

I think you all are a wonderful group of individuals with many talents.

Remember I'll always be on your Six

Luv ya all

PEACE

Slay

[edit on 8-8-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I'll be looking forward to working with the crew of the Penelope on a proper exit.

Woah!

WhaddidI miss?

What's going on?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Wow - what a difference a few hours makes.
Really a shock to read this.
I hope you’ll reconsider.
If you don’t - know you’ll be missed in a big way.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I just came online after my role playing gaming session.

Silo, Studious, no problem with the waiting until Cindymars comes back. I agree about it being initially being shown on a smallscreen. That would make sense. Think of packing along a laptop in a pod. makes sense really, could serve as commo, survival information, and the person in the pod could use it to serve as a "diary". Thus Silo could kick in with a "CindyMars" needs to see this as well as the rest of the tape." type of comment.

Slayer, I'm sorry to hear about your desire to leave. I really mean that. Is there any way for you to reconsider your decision? I've always enjoyed your posts. The additional graphics (wherever you are getting them from if your not making them yourself) have always added a special something to your posts.

Please reconsider. I for one am not writing in the thread for stars. Instead I'm writing because it's a interesting experience that I've never had before. I've never been involved in any form of collaborative writing before so to me this is new. If we can't persuade you not to leave then I must thank you for one thing at least. Your not simply vanishing on us but preparing a exit post. For that alone, I applaud you. Do us a favor though. If you must leave the thread at least make it to where there is a chance that you may be able to return. That way if you decide to get involved again, you will be able to do so and I'm sure that other writers can make adjustments to suit.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I've got a post ready.

It pretty much covers what we talked about so I'm going to just post it - just remember please if you've any problems with it I'll do *fix it* work on your 'order'.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

It's sad to hear your leaving Slayer.

Are you leaving because of other commitments, or is it something I (or any of us) did?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Fighters are all back on board.
Mr. Toodles and Slayer have some enemy technology and biology to study.

Hope they turn up something useful.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Oh hey guys....

No, nothing was said or done that made me make this decision. I've just been very busy in Real Life and with my other interests that attracted to me to ATS in the first place. I was not able nor will I be to give my attention to the Opera that it deserves.

I'm not gone yet.

I am leaving though.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I truly am saddened. You will be missed, Slayer.

I wish there were some way to convince you to stay on board. You truly brought life to the engineering section and its people.

Best wishes friend.

Should you ever need anything in rl or on here, shoot me an email.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

Oh, and I don't know if the video was for me or not - but thanks for posting it. It was kind of fitting....

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
My god what are yall going on about. I was going to come back to the Ship because I thought I should. What has Studious written NOW?
I have not read the thread yet so....?????

Being as I am at work, I will do what I can.

Love you all!
Slayer COME ON!!!!!!
WTF?
WHY?

Can't you just post less?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Originally posted by cindymars
What has Studious written NOW?

I really didn't do anything.

Two main issues arose and were fixed.

Issue one arose when Deson thought that Silo was planning something that would take her away from the pod. He tried to warn me not to write anything in the Story thread about Silo being by the pod because that might mess up what she was planning.

This I believe was interpreted as writing her out of the meeting, which was not Deson's intention.

Issue two was that Silo knew from your U2U's that you wanted to be at the meeting by the pod.

I was obviously not privy to those U2U's and received none from you about wanting to be at this small meeting.

(However I did know that you wanted to be at different larger meeting between the entire Penelope crew and the Yydryl crew. But this different meeting hasn't taken place yet.)

Since Silo was privy to those U2U's she worked out an excellent solution that allows you to be at the meeting. She did this by making a post in which the location of the meeting is moved. (This change in location also alleviates the problem of the small screen and allows the Yydryl crew to authenticate the tapes.)

[edit on 10-8-2009 by Studious]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Ah ha! I see, I thought you were misbehaving. LOL
Still haven't read it my boss is up my bum.

Not literally.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I was obviously not privy to those U2U's

Yeah, it's the last time I use U2U for planning.
I was sending to you and to Deson - somehow they didn't go through.

I still don't understand this though.

Here's what I mean.

I send a U2U. I am told it has been sent.

BUT - When I look in my *sent* U2U's it's still there, with a *N* next to it?

I've no idea how this happens.

Send, then sent, should equal = sent and received.

Anyway, for example I was sure I sent a U2U to Slayer. He obviously didn't get it. So, I went and started poking around in the U2U's and there were some unsent?

*Shakes head*...

Anyway... I'll keep it in the working thread from now on.

new topics

top topics

<< 159  160  161    163  164  165 >>

join