It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 158
<< 155  156  157    159  160  161 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I’m soooo not wanting to post this but I need input.

Please be honest - I’m trying to learn here.

Does this at all give the *effect* of a transparent barrier kind’a thing between the *dry* area of Antar’s cavern and the *wet* outside where the fishies?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f4f74a2fe881.jpg[/atsimg]

For me this is just pixel poo
but, I’ve gotta learn sometime...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a0514357bee7.jpg[/atsimg]

I'm looking for some constructive criticism please.
thanks
gracie

Cim Thank you.
(I'm just completely frustrated with being ignorant on how to do it right)...

[edit on 31-7-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I am sorry but what's to criticize?
It's beautiful, to me anyway.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
That is even better than I imagined it. What we could do is simply take out the lilly pads and use just the oceanic floor instead. As for the jellyfish it is without a doubt a very important piece to this scene so go for it.

Now on the u2u you sent, there was no link to click on, so if you have more I would love to see it. I ahve time to work on the next post tomorrow am so it would be great to have the pillar if you have it ready too.

What can I say? masqua can I give her 500 of my ats points?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6c8c8e0602a9.jpg[/atsimg]

Ok, made the Pillar central in this one, crystal on top and seafloor - no lily pads.

EDIT: Got the Jellies

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Oh look! It's Antar the Mermaid -

(Not for use just for smiles)...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/394a720578c0.jpg[/atsimg]

peace

[edit on 1-8-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Just a brief note. Tonight I plan on finishing up the construction of the Semi Portable type 1 and working on a reply post to Silo13. In the post I plan to introduce "AGNES", "VINNY" and "Waldo" Note that these are not characters or NPC's. Silo you know what Waldo is and I'll be introducing it in my post. I should either be able to finish the post either tonight or tomorrow after my RPG group meeting.

Edit to add:

Finished the graphic work and I'm showing these as a sneak peek as what expect.

AGNES:
Assault Gun Nominal Energy System. A energy gun equivalent of the M60 machine gun. Needless to say the troops who have to use this monster hate the name thus they call it the "Big Fun Gun"... Well, you know how troopers are. Requires a lot of training to use without inflicting a lot of collateral damage.

Link to pic Here

Vinny:
Deson's personally modified AGNES weapon. Private issue. He feels that energy weapons can sometimes can defeated by either reflective or ablative armor. Therefore he added a Gauss gun attachment. It fires steel needles at hypersonic velocity. The weapon is serving as a prototype and Deson is "Field Testing" it.

Link to Pic Here

Waldo:
A all terrain amphibious 6 wheeled vehicle with a pair of "Waldoes" (Mechanical arms) mounted on each end for taking samples. Driven using levers that you can see on the seats like a tank. Highly maneuverable. Can turn in it's own length (spin end for end). Has a cargo bay in the back with mounting blocks for a semi portable type 2 (that I have yet to design and is even bigger than the AGNES system). Designed for Silo and Chumly to use. Chumly chose the colors. In my upcoming post Chumly and Silo will be getting the vehicle for the first time. Yes the headlights work.

Link to Picture Here

[edit on 31-7-2009 by Deson]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Deson - It’s all in the details isn’t it...

The blocks in the back of Waldo, the shark gill type ribbing on the side of Vinny, those little touches that turn a lump of weaponry or vehicle into a masterpiece.

A big woo-hoo for the three new additions to the Opera... I know I know, don’t make them talk, lol...

Then again I bet Waldo is voice command too!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I have a few questions regarding the USS penelope. I am sure they have been answered elsewhere but the threads on this voyage and the yydryl as so massive that I dont really have the time to spend hours sifting through endless amounts of data lol.

As the new Science officer of the USS Penelope, there is some crucial data that I need regarding the ship itself.

What is the main computers operating speeds and total database capacity

I need information on the propulsion systems such as what fuels the FTL capabilities. What is the energy source. (I was going to assume it was dilithium crystals and antimatter/matter reactions but decided to ask instead of assuming star trek)

Some weapons/defense and tactical data on the ship would be nice but not necessary since I am not a tactical officer.

If someone could refer to thread pages with this info that would be great.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
In addition to Mr Ts questions, I'd like to know how much vodka we keep on board at any one time.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

This thread by MF_Lueder may be of help to you. It lists background and there is a link to the specs for the Penelope. www.abovetopsecret.com...

As far as the exact drive system and power system, I don't think it's been hashed out. Pretty much assumed a form of FTL (Space warp, wormhole, etc) for the ships. I do know that the Penelope has some working with Nanobots as well.

Hope that this is of help.

Silo13, yeah one thing that I do either for better or worse is try to get as much working detail as I can. (switches, control systems, what have you.) In Bryce, I also label the parts, (Foregrip group, heat dissipater arrays, gauss ammo chamber, main power section, etc.) Those are some of the names of the parts for AGNES incidentally.

Badgerprints, well considering that the Yydryl is a combination of inorganic and organics, creating an entire vodka distillery and manufacturing system (probably in a tree) would be very easy to do so storage of Vodka would be not a problem. Wanna Defect? (chuckle)

Just a joke here.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by Deson]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Silo13, yeah one thing that I do either for better or worse is try to get as much working detail as I can. (switches, control systems, what have you.)

That's what makes it great.

I'm going to have to learn a system for keeping all my *parts* labeled like you do.

For example, the last pic of Anta's there had 32 layers.

Talk about a brain cramp!

It will be fun to get going on the Waldo! Thank you again for such a great set a *wheels*...

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

As far as the main computer and onboard database, I'm pretty sure I've referred to it a couple times seeing as my character is hooked up to it, but I don't think that we ever really went into detailed specs for the system.

The computing power would have to be tremendous by today's standards. Quantum computing would be the norm. Let me explain.

Today, we use the on and off states of the electron to crunch data, eg. the 1's and 0's of binary code. A quantum computer is capable of using way more than just the on and off state because it essentially works calculations in alternate realities.

Sounds messed up and weird, but that's how it works.

Basically, the computer would look for alternate versions of itself in alternate universes and use them to crunch data. It's some messed up stuff, and I might have gotten it wrong but that's what I've read about it anyway.

So you could assume that the processing power would be huge, but then it would have to be to run a wormhole generator.

As far as the Penny's weaponry goes, I did a summary of all things that go boom on one of the first few pages, I don't remember which. I think Luder posted it in his thread too.

Hope that helps.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I noticed this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Which had this link:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Could the Ophiuchus Consortium, the Orion Alliance and the Earth Federation all be in the same trouble?

Things seem to be getting hot in our neck of the stellar woods. I don't know if you want to use a potentially exploding Betelgeuse in the opera, but it sure is fun seeing relevant information pop up in other ATS threads.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Long post, not much action but it sets the stage. Just posted.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Anyone from the Penelope still around? Feel like I been talking to myself in the story thread.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerOfAUTMN

I'm here, just been uber busy.

I wonder what happened to Slayer, Studious and Neno?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I just
'couldnt' help myself, I wasnt even in creative mode, but wanted to use my beautiful new picture so bad I just jumped in and wrote a bit.

I think it would be so wonderful to be in an undersea city like this. I have wondered about the USOs and just how it plays into some of the craft we see in the skies over the oceans.

It is fun to incorporate thoughts into the opera.

I squeezed this in as I made watermelonrind preserves, banana bread, dehydrated zuchini, bananas, and cut up tons of squash for freezing.

Not to mention mowing the lawn until the belt broke on the mower, and picking green beans, pulling weeds and cleaning house, cooking and many more daily duties with life in the country.

OK I am putting it all off right now as I guzzle coffee and check in to see if there were any stars on mine and silos post with the artwork, for those that flagged us, thankyou!

And silo, what can I say but thank you.

Can we next do a hallway with Aquatic scenes on either side? And also the Cloud dome is it finished? I will have to slip back in there to escape the footsteps... It does not have to be perfect just you know a picture is worth a million words!

FUN!

And Deson, what ever happened to that weapon belt you made me?

CM, are you going to set the whales onto old Atlantis soon? How do we do it? Any ideas? Remember they are very telepathic so they can contact you.

I would also like to steal a lightningcloud craft at some point can it be done some how jetting out of the sea?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Antar, please remember that I lost EVERYTHING in the computer crash. All construction files that I used for your shurkens, the scabbard, the elevators, travel pods, pistols, carbines, rifles, shuttles and the fighter. In short pretty much everything that I made. The only remnants are the pictures that I uploaded into my gallery Here.

I have lost months of work.

The fighter I had to rebuild from scratch. The AGNES system and chumly's vehicle are new construction.

I wasn't involved in writing in the thread at the time. I figured that you being the writer would mention that you had the shurikens with scabbards on a belt in one of your posts. You can download the pictures from my gallery of what you want to use. I've found that a resolution of 500 by 400 works well for posting purposes. So the picture of the unfolded shuriken you my need to download and re-size on your computer. and then upload into your gallery on the media site so that you can link into it from one of your posts.

edit to add:

Please also note that anything that has the word "post" in it's title is already re-sized for posting purposes.

[edit on 2-8-2009 by Deson]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Deson, I really enjoyed the post.
Really, a lot.
I’ll let Chumley drive, I’d hate to take the thrill from him!

I’ve got a quick note to put up in the storyline, one I talked to Studious about - so let me get that up and then I’ll answer your post.

I’m looking forward to it!

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

No problem, take your time. I won't be able to get towards a reply until either tonight at the earliest or tomorrow due to some major problems that have developed on the home front. Oh man, I think I need to do some fishing in OZ tonight in Second life to calm down after what's been going on here.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Antar, I didn’t even think I’d get this far -
- but, I’ll just keep on going on.

When you get a moment please send me a U2U (or post here) a quick description of the ‘Cloud’ room.
I’ve started on the hallway to get there so all set on that.

Also, will the cloud room be above ground or just be so HUGE it can have clouds and lightening.

Will there be another ‘pillar’ in that room also? One like the pillar for the crystal?

Oh, and no thanks needed - though I’ve turned gray, lost weight, started drinking and broke a tooth, I’m enjoying learning Photoshop!
*wink* - Naw, glad you enjoy the pics.

top topics

<< 155  156  157    159  160  161 >>

join