It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there more liberals or conservatives at ATS?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I'm a liberal, and it seems like most people here are either fellow liberal hippies or very conservative. We all share anti-government views though.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
My guess would be liberals.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I would imagine there are a mix of both. And a good share of them would not have a preferred party they belong to. The purpose of the liberals and conservative poles are to ensure each side battles it out so no one party is in complete power. And as I said before there are some with no party or are in another party all together.

It would be interesting though to make a poll on a thread. (does ats have poll option yet?) Then we could in a way take a tally on opinions and political affiliations. Then again that might not be a good idea on ATS. Mob mentality might kick in.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I am a liberal myself, actually I think that's an understatement, but I can find myself being conservative about certain topics.

I mean we can't always be all Gun Ho about everything can we?

No I think ATS members are all a bit liberal in a sense, I mean it takes a somewhat liberal mind to accept that we are being played by some shadow government and that Aliens visit us everyday.

I think it's a good mix of both, with some far right and some far left.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
There's paranoid people, delusional people, curious people, sarcastic people, educated people and less than adequately educated people people. No offense intended but it's the internet and that's what I think. People of both parties are from all those groups or more. I left out soulful people. There are a lot of those here. We are A melting pot of the internet.

From the anti Obama threads I would think ATS is more conservative just because it's only been 7 weeks. Call me naive, I don't care.

I am on the razors edge of liberal, libertarian and centrist according to online political tests. I am also crazy as more than a couple people here can attest to. Crazy can be conservative or liberal. That's equal opportunity.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I have no clue. I am 25 and have yet to figure out any diference. Maybe I don't care anymore. I guess I am just a mutt. I could take a lil from the all.
Anyone care to explain the diffrences?

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
There are much much more active conservatives on ATS and the proportion to threads and replies should alone indicate this. The overall population accounts to a slight bit more liberals but I doubt thats relevant if your just a lurker.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
My observation has been there is mix of both on ATS. While I abhor labels, I've always aligned more with the libertarians. I see a balance with the religious right on ATS as well as some with some seriously alternative ideas.

One thing I can say for sure about ATS, I've learned a lot about patriotism in the true sense of the word. Just because I don't like guns, I understand how important the right for others to bear them is so vital to the Constitution. Regardless of our personal views, the Constitution is not open to interpretation and should be upheld. I hope that's where the left and right can come to agreement, our commonality.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Well anybody who does not know and wants to find out can easily just to go this website and take the quick quizz they have and they will kindly give you an estimate of where you would stand.

Political Identity Test

Enjoy!

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I tend to see more liberal leaning posts here.

I am liberal leaning, myself and I am certainly a hippie at heart.

The conservatives on ATS seem to be more extreme conservatives IMO.

So in my opinion, I think ATS tends to be more left leaning and I base that on my own experience with ATS and seeing more left leaning posts then I do right leaning.

Although in any given political thread there does seem to be plenty of Liberals and Conservatives to give there opinion and debate each other.( Iuse the term"debate" loosly)

[edit on 14-3-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Guess according to the test I am a liberal left wing typedude.
I guess I was thinking backwards ? I don't know but thanks for that link

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Liberal vs. conservative is just a bunch of nonsense

Sorry

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Fun test!! Star4U

Heh, put me right where I thought it might; I'm a leftist-libertarian. I'm almost right there with Ghandi, just a lil more towards anarchy vs communisim.

Tree hugging, bleeding heart liberal

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I am a dead middle libertarian.

Dead middle moderate....as well...according to this survey.

Kinda crazy that most of the leaders on this chart show up as leaning on fascism. Only 2 do not...and they are lefties.

I show up 4 squares down from the center.

No leaders are anywhere close to where i am.

Thanks for the survey...very cool....i showed up where i thought i would on the chart.

S & F.

[edit on 14-3-2009 by David9176]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Interesting quiz! For me, in the 3 to 6 o'clock sector, I am 2 squares down and 2 squares right of center! I guess that means I can relate to pretty much everyone except extreme left wing facists

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
According to the survey posted above, I fall right in the same spot as ghandi and the dalai lama
I can't complain about that.

I dont think that people necessarily fall into the two categories of liberal or conservative and it would be hard to say if there is more of one or the other that visits ATS. I would like to think that we are more diverse than that.

just my spare change

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SleeplessInUS

According to the survey posted above, I fall right in the same spot as ghandi and the dalai lama I can't complain about that.

Me too.

Although some of the answers were iffy.

[edit on 013131p://bSunday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Yup I fall under the Dahli as well, not surprising I do agree with alot of what he's written and spoken of.

It's funny to see how soo many leaders are to the right and in the upper end of that quadrant, funny how they argue back and forth all the time yet their differences in opinion are minute.

Just another piece of proof that most of these crooks are working together and their little "fights" are nothing but distraction to keep us occupied.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Are we supposed to be one or the other or something?

It seems to me that most Americans feel they need to be one or the other, and once that choice is made any thinking just stops and they follow what their chosen side dictates.

A very convenient way to make you feel like you're participating, and have a choice, but the reality is you don't.

The reality is EVERYONE is both liberal and conservative in the real sense of the terms. Politically it's just a trap to keep you from thinking for yourself. No one can truly be just conservative, or liberal.

For one the terms are meaningless by themselves. There are conservative liberals, and liberal conservatives. There are left conservatives, and right liberals.

So how can the terms liberal and conservative really indicate anyones political stance? Only in America I guess...

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I came in at Libertarian, just as Tothetenthpower, right around the Dahli.

Every time, with every political test ever. Libertarian.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join