It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there more liberals or conservatives at ATS?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Mmmmm..... I'm right there with Gandhi too, but draw the line at sandals, a loincloth and bedsheet.... especially in this climate!

I really hate the pigeonholing that goes on sometimes though. The whole idea of Republican/Democrat or Labour/Conservative is merely to keep us divided while the two main parties collude to keep the illusion going. If we all stopped arguing and stopped to actually look at what they are doing, both main parties, then the illusion would begin to crumble. They rely on this illusion to keep us divided and unfocused for their own benefit.

I've been called both a lefty and a right winger over the years, depending on my answer to a particular question, but that hardly qualifies tagging me as either left or right wing.

The common ground that should be uniting people of either political persuasion, is that they are getting screwed big time whatever party holds power.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I believe that Political Compass test is a bunch of hooey. One supposes that on the questions regarding race, the more racist your response the further right you go on the scale. I also presume that believing penalizing businesses which lie to people would slide me to the left. Many of the questions there deal in stereotypes rather than core beliefs.

Why not questions such as:

Do you believe in more government involvement in solving YOUR problems?
Do you believe illegal immigration is harmful to your country?
Do you contribute generously to charities or would you rather the government take care of the needy?
Do you believe the rich have no right to have so much more than the poor?

BTW, I doubt Gandhi took that test.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join