It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whispers/Voices- The Mystery of The Forest/Jungle

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Here are excerpts of the article in a local newspaper:

Strange things are occuring in the woods behind an army base - at least that's what some of our readers claim. Since some time they cannot peacefuly walk there. They hear whispers coming from behind the trees. Someone saw eyes looking at people. Stories of strange occurences started appearing some time ago in the western part of our city. In the last few weeks, some residents got seriously worried.

- Whenever the whather is good, me, my wife and grand kids are taking a walk to these woods – says mr Kazimierz – We know this area like our own pockets. We know the trees and where to look for mushrooms. Lately, I felt odd there.

(...) At first I thought it was only me feeling like someone was following me, but my wife confirmed it. You could hear somebody getting closer, but you can't see anything between the trees. I'm fairly sure it wasn't an animal.

Mr Radek got scared too, and he walks with his dog in this area almost daily - I heard it too. One day, the sounds were following me. I ignored them at first, but suddenly I felt a cold sweat on my back. I became aware someone or something was following me. I stopped. I thought I'd see some movement. Nothing. I moved on and heard the rustling sounds again, even my dog became agitated. The sounds were getting closer and closer from two sides. I couldn't help it, I started running...

At home, mr Radek begane to analyze what he witnessed. - I am sure I wasn't imagining things. I ran away, cause I thought some thugs were after me. Between the trees, I found no one, though. And I should, because the rustling sounds were coming from very close.

Pretty interesting

Ofcourse, I'll write a full report in this thread as soon as I get there.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I myself talk to trees in the woods around my house,and animals.when u ask a tree a question or though u have to wait for a bit and when the answer comes it takes a long time,trees just talk so slow its almost hard to understand.Talking to insects are just the oppisite,You cant even hardly understand there superfast thoughts/speeche.It all has to do with the time perception of what ur talking to.1 hour to a tree isnt even a minute to us, and a minute to a insect is like a week for us.This is why it isnt understandable,or seem to be a old languge,its all about the precpective of time.to fast or to slow and it almost sound uninteligable.Im 50% cheeroke and my greatgrandma told me about talking to trees,cedar trees are suppose to be the ansestors of the cheeroke,u must ask questions slowly and concise,and wait a long time for answers when dealing with trees.But everything has a spirt but resides in a diffrent time prospective so communication is difficult.A small example of this would be looking to a man from new york talking to a man from alabama,the man from newyork would talk so fast and funny the man from alabama though he was not american,yet he is,and the new yorker though the alabama man was slow or dumb becuse he took so long to talk.The new york mans time prospevctive is diffrent becuse he lives in the fast paced city,and the alabama man lives a slower life both are comparable,just the prespective is diffrent.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by relu84

Now that is very interesting, keep up the good work and if you come across more articles do not hesitate to post them.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Seems pretty obvious to me, peoples altered state of mind makes their brains start interpreting sounds with their anxiety. If you're alone in the forest (particularly a night), you're likely to get nervous, you'll feel like you're being watched.

It's the same as seeing faces in random patterns, you anthropomorphosise noise into something that seems living and aware.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

Thats definatley a possibility.
Nice avatar by the way

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Wow, I thought I watched a little to much tv. Dude get out and take a walk or find a hobby away from the tv or the computer. Tv is mainly for entertainment and most of it is fiction unless your on the national geographic channel. On the lighter side though, lighten up and seriously, take a life break.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jalien

I'm not sure I follow, I rarely watch TV and I am always outside, either hunting, out with friends or doing something. The only time I am on the computer is at work. So I am not sure what you meant by that post. But anyway...

Keep the great work up the rest of you serious posters!

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
video.google.com...

i really good video of
"the secret life of plants"

wow i had little to know clue it was like this.
thing twice about eatting salad any time soon. also makes me wanna go buy some house plants lol

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I am not sure about the "whispers" but do know that when I go up into the wood and have been there for a couple of days, relaxed, focused, I do feel closer to something that seems to be larger than myself.

Some more food for thought along the lines of "whispers". If we can hear plants "scream" do they in fact also whisper and being in a relaxed state of mind enables you to feel or hear them?

Stressed plants cry for help

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by nonnez

Very interesting, it seems that a lot of folks are leaning toward plants as the culprits. Very interesting.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Fantastic!!!!!!

YES i have experienced this.

Last year i was going through somewhat of a trial and tribulation deal (lots of extreme coincedence etc.). Anyway, i ended up taking a highly mutated plant (cough cough you know what kind) to plant in the Santa Cruz national forest. I went alone at 2am because i guess it felt right.

Anyway, the forest felt like it was watching me, and every once in awhile i swore i heard a faint "wisshuhhssssuhhhh" sounds. Anyway, i when i got out to a clearing there was a large orange orb in the sky near the eastern horizon. It managed to transmit to me the idea to line up the top of the prominent tree with the orb. Sure enough it brought me to a spot where the earth was easily dug, where most was hard pack.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I hear them all the time

on Lost

But seriously, the mind fills this stuff in when we are alone.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
What a wonderfully refreshing thread. I make a point of walking in the woods quite frequently, mostly alone because a part of me realizes that something semi-visible resides there. I've sensed it, enjoyed it, even seen it out of the corner of my eyes, but never heard it or any whispers...yet. Thanks for this read though.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

A gnome is a mythical creature characterized by its extremely small size and subterranean lifestyle

You have probably read about these small skeletons found throughout the world but I thought I would supply a link in case some aren't aware of them. Is it possible some of them are still around and we don't notice. If so, I would think they would be very adept at staying hidden.

Source on Little People

Pedro Mountain
The mummified remains of a tiny humanoid like being were discovered by some gold prospectors. The mummy was determined to be an authentic human being, a full grown adult, a bit under 2 feet tall. Like so many controversial finds, the remains have been stolen.

Lancashire Towards the end of the 19th century hundreds of extraordinary flint tools were unearthed beneath the moorland peat of east Lancashire's Pennine Hills. By their miniature size, they seemed not to belong in the province of man, but rather in the realm of Gnomes, Elves and Faeries.

Thank you for such a great thread.

[edit on 14-3-2009 by liveandlearn]

[edit on 14-3-2009 by liveandlearn]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
We are starting to step into the 4th dimension of time. Ghosts and trees mark moments in history.It emanates from the earth.We are walking through dimensional time slipping.It is why there is so much ghost activity throughout the globe, why we are seeing so many unexplained objects and creatures.

Those Flashs like in the show Lost are similar to what is going on today.
Pisces to Aquarious.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Very interesting never knew baout those small skeletons before, need to do some more digging and that dimension stuff seems quite possible with the veents that we are seeing. Again thank you all for your great contributions!

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I will tell you of a dream I had recently, and long before I heard of this phenomenon...well this is the first I have heard of it.

I was walking with a person which I could not see. They took me to the edge of the forest and pointed to it.

In the forest I saw shapes, and phantom images of what looked like mythical creatures.
I was then told this:

"There are many spirits in the forest. Sometimes they harm people, even though they are not allowed to do so. Be warned."

Now of course I found the dream odd.

Even stranger was that my spouse told me of a similar dream that she recently had that was essentially the same thing. She was asked "If she still spoke to the spirits in the forest", and told me when she was younger that she used to play in the woods and speak to invisible friends or "animal people" that lived there.

Very odd.

- Lee

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Reading all this gives me goose bumps NOW. Why? Never had experiences like that.

I have spent years in my -teens in woods. I would disappear in nature and listen to it for hours. Never heard a suspicious sound or whisper apart from wind or water or leafs. Nevertheless being with nature puts me in almost trance/hypnotic state and recharges me instantly. I can fell the slow and powerful force behind all living creatures - I perceive it as a consciousness of life when in large amounts i.e. woods.

Thanks for the thread.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
If we actually had any proper education in school we could understand all this stuff that eludes us.

Why do almost all of us feel a shift of consciousness in the woods? Is it because there is more oxygen to go around? And would that be accompanied by being able to perceive more stuff - extrasensory stuff? Or is it that the woods are the places where various spirits or beings reside?

With every phenomenon encountered we realize we didnt learn anything in school.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The human brain is truly a marvel. I think that one of its greatest abilities is pattern recognition. This particular ability seems hard wired into the deepest parts of our "wetware". People see faces in rock formations, landscapes, objects, etc. We can immediately recognize almost any face of someone we know out of a crowd of hundreds of people in an instant.

From an auditory perspective, I believe the human brain is always "scanning" for any recognizable sounds its familiar with whether we are aware of it or not. The most common of these sounds scanned for are likely to be speech heard in our primary spoken language. The white and sometimes pink background noise generated by being in an outside environment we are not accustomed to likely puts these "pattern recognizer" functions on high alert (stressed or not).

Perhaps any sound that can remotely be made recognizable is found and immediately brought to our attention by our minds. The ones that come the closest to being recognized may also sound like speech but maybe no particular words were deciphered.

I've noticed that a fan near our kitchen which, when turned on, gets my auditory imagination going. But it's not necessarily voices or whispers that I hear. Since I am a musician, it's usually melodies and chord progressions (although sometimes I hear vocals "in the mix" also). At first, I thought it was a TV or stereo someone had on somewhere in the house. But, upon turning the fan off, I heard silence. Sometimes, if I combine the sound of this fan (white noise) with the sound of water from the sink, I hear even more melodies and even entire sections of songs which I've never heard before (pink noise from the water?). It's a great tool for composition.

The whispers experienced by those in the preceding posts may or may not be induced by the background noise but it's one possible explanation.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join