It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's play photo - interpreting

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
it,s still active me thinks, plenty of rabbit run type track,s on the ground
i,d say its a metiorlogical station of sorts, is this mainland based or perifoiry island type of rebro station, used during the cold war...... if theirs an underground facility, its huge judging by the dicoulering of the ground,

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by foxhoundone

Still active, but not even close. Drop a hint, it's not military, but would still be of interest to most people like us.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Voiceoftreason

This one is obscure. Perhaps a SIGINT / ECHELON site. Looks it could be in the UK.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Number 1 could be a SETI listening site

Could be anything really

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Nope, It's a satelite tracking station.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Do you have any more?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Wow, I really am suprised that nobody has noticed this...It was the first thing to catch my eye as soon as the image loaded.

Look at the upper most edges of the main large building in the photo. The surrouding trees, and most of the buildings all cast a large shadow to the upper left corner of the picture, as if the sun is pretty low in the sky. Yet, the largest object in the photo does not cast any noticable shadow on the parking lot directly behind it.

Either that pic has been photoshopped, or the sat photos have. Since I havnt looked at the sat photos yet, I cannot confirm.

Anyone have any input on that????

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by frey51

Have you entertained the idea that the terrain behind said building is elevated, and due to the angle the photograph was captured on /more or less directly from above/ you can't see the wall and the shadow it's casting on that wall?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Voiceoftreason

I do believe it is in the shape of a number. Many might say 6 some will say 9.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by frey51

you a assuming that the ground is flat and the building is a " standard cuboid "

look at this crude graphics

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/b02f8e567c2c4ee2.jpg[/atsimg]

first is your assumption - however from the single over head image - its hard to tell if this is true

second - option 1 - a building built on a slope

third - option 2 - a building with a canted roof

both option 1 and 2 are plausible senarious - and buildings similar to these designs are in existance all over the world

i would need to see a topo map showing that the ground is flat , or ground level shots showing the wall height is equal on all sides and the roof line is horizontal , before i will entertain notions of ` image tampering `

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join