It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's play photo - interpreting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Hi, not so long ago someone on this forum raised the question of Russian and Chinese "Area 51". This reminded me of a place I know of. Anyone want to play photo-interpreter and tell what's interesting about this photo?
I'll check back in a couple of hours and provide the answer. Think of this as a little game to hone your interpreting skills.

[edit on 12/3/2009 by Voiceoftreason]

Mod Edit: Direct Link to Image

[edit on 12-3-2009 by Gemwolf]

[edit on 12/3/2009 by Voiceoftreason]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I'll bite.

Hmmm, No parking lot lines in the parking lot.

And there are some odd structures nearby int he shrubbery closer tot he cliff face.

The grey part to the north side of the building is a bit odd. Maybe the future foundation for an expansion to the building at a later date.

There is some other stuff going on with the bottom right side of the complex, the shadows have an unexpected look to them like as if the shape of the structure there may not be what it looks like.

I dunno, stabbing in the dark here.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
no roads leading to this building lol. I would say the sqaure building with the garden inside, but then again, they love their indoor gardens over there. It may be a high security like a HIIIIIGH security prison.

Cherry

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Looks like some sort of school or training facility to me.

Obviously not a like large traditional school, but the grassed internal quadrangle looks like an area to sit and study or whatever.

There also appears to be a bus parked there, another indication of it being a school or training facility.

There seems to be a basketball or tennis court at the back as well.

The buildings further out could be huts for sleeping as well

but if they are the place would probably need some sort of kitchen facilities, which could be near the right hand side of the building.

I'm probably way off lol

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Voiceoftreason

Im probably looking way far into this but it seems that the shadows in the photo do not appear normal.

Im probably wrong though but worth a bash

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
an entrance to an underground facility, note the helo pad that looks like a playground, odd shaped outbuilding,s maybe some sort of guidance equipment

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Looks like a massive cave entrance but I haven't opened it in Photoshop to play with the levels to determine if it's just a shadow caused by some overhang on the cliff.

IRM

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
There IS a paved road leading to the installation on the left it is just overgrown with a tree canopy. Can't be anything TOO uber-secret, there are no data transmission dishes on the roof or near-by. Just one central A/C unit apparent. Outlying structures small, possibly administrative offices or janitorial/security. Where is this? The only thing weird I can see is that it is at the mouth of a canyon. Almost looks like in the NE or even Tennessee area.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by djvexd]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Looks to me like some wealthy person's fancy mountian side mansion with several guest houses and private heli-pad.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by foxhoundone
an entrance to an underground facility, note the helo pad that looks like a playground, odd shaped outbuilding,s maybe some sort of guidance equipment

Okay, so far the imaginary points go to Foxhoundone for realising this is the entrance to an underground facility. What you're looking at is one of two entrances to the wartime european hq of the Warsaw Pact. Roughy equivalent to NATO hq Europe, except in a Cheynne Mountain type facility. When I get home from work, I'll give you the coordinates for your viewing pleasure and do a short write-up on this wonderful place. I'm thinking about doing a series of write-ups on places like this that are not generally public knowledge. Facility for training terrorists from communist allied arab regimes, anyone? Please let me know if you're interested. Ta.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voiceoftreason
Hi, not so long ago someone on this forum raised the question of Russian and Chinese "Area 51". This reminded me of a place I know of. Anyone want to play photo-interpreter and tell what's interesting about this photo?
I'll check back in a couple of hours and provide the answer. Think of this as a little game to hone your interpreting skills.

Mod Edit: Direct Link to Image

Well that someone would be me!

Anyone wanting that thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I can now go on and read the posts herein!

[edit on 12/3/2009 by GEORGETHEGREEK]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Definatley...bring it...I love new info
Was that pad near the NW side the entrance? If it is in western Europe then it is probably for sale...anyone want to start an ATS bunker fund?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Central Europe. And it's not for sale. I can say what it was, I couldn't tell you what it is now, since the country's joined NATO. You'll have to make your own conclusions as to who's using it now. I've been out of the game for a while now, but I'll bet it's still active. Also apologies to Georgethegreek for pinching his inspiration, but I won't be posting anything about eastern a51s, because I wouldn't have a clue where they are.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
s&f well done i enjoyed that sooo much. thank you took me back to me old cold war days

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
You're welcome. I'll post a few more soon. And the coords for this one in about 7 hrs time.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Right, here we go : 50 02 31.63N 14 22 26.08E

Have a nice look around, plenty of interesting stuff in the vicinity ie 500m radius of this lovely place.

What it is: The former Warsaw Pact's command post for the European front. Built partially in a nazi underground factory, which has been further extended, provided with food, freshwater etc. Links underground with the Prague castle and Ruzyne airport. As you can see, the Communists had no issues placing a prime nuclear weapon target on the outskirts of a city with a population of 1.2 million.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Great.

Love to see some of the other images.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Thanks that WAS fun...SF
Good to have a break from the headsplitting bad stuff for a while

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
That was interesting, it's always fun to see how people interpret different things..

I was lurking the post but my curiosity got the best of me on a question.

the overall pic to me(personally) looked anomalous, I agree the no roads leading into the facility, and the buildings in the shrubs were odd. But my main question is to those that questioned the shadows.

Not trying to call you out or anything, this is merely a curious question but what made you think the shadows were "wrong" or "different" or what made you question the shadows all together?

I ask that because I didn't see anything odd about them, but I am curious so i can learn.

Figure I would ask that in the interim till we get some more pics from the OP to play with

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Right, I'm back and I have two sites this time. Soooo...

1: This should be easy. What's this?

files.abovetopsecret.com...

2: The second location has features that always tell you something dodgy's going on. I'll get you started. Within cca 250m of the given coordinates, you should be able to see: SAM pads, LF masts, and multiple tunnel entrances. The whole area is currently a special forces training paradise. It used to be a comms centre up until the mid 90s.
49 58 35.26N 14 25 22.85E Enjoy.

[edit on 14/3/2009 by Voiceoftreason]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join