It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Obama be impeached for sheer incompetence?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

I think Obama is doing quite well for his first 3 months in office.
Hes practically disbanded the DEA, will soon make hemp legal to grow, and as far as spending more than Bush did, get real. Bush passed an $800 billion stimulus package as well.
Hes also making headway in our healthcare, get ready to see national healthcare, which despite what others may think, is MUCH needed in the US.

Don't get me wrong, I have my problems with him, like any president. I voted for Ron Paul... but to say you want him impeached for incompetence is just stupid. Bush was way further away from knowing what the people want than Obama is.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nicholaswa

Originally posted by nicholaswa
I'll repeat...40% of the earmarks in the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act were put there by Republicans.

Hypocrites.

I don't see anyone defending Republican earmarks.

Where have they defended Republican earmarks?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

On the right track there JSO! I wouldnt worry too much about nicholas, he seems to be the type of person just to throw out insults, and snipe off. I stated early on in this post that when people finally started posting the websites w/ the facts that they would start going around the issue. Its true, you can see the liberal mindset very clearly, getting ugly and being disrespectful, instead of acknowledging the facts.

Keep up the good work man. Like ive said before, blame who you want, but facts are facts, and once you know them you cant pretend you dont.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

What? Derision of earmarks as a general philosophy, discounting the fact that Republicans like them almost as much as Democrats, is pure hypocrisy.

Again...your entire argument is short on facts, but long on vitriolic hatred.
Suggesting that a President be impeached after 7 weeks, when his approval rating is over 60%, is hardly patriotic, so quit crying and admit your true motives...you just wish we would've elected McCain....

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Actually, my friend its not short on facts, if youll read through the post, hes made many references to MANY websites both liberal slant and conservative slanted, that report exactly what hes proposed. Im sure you want nothing to do with those kinds of facts tho, since you seem to take more joy in insulting people than doing your homework.

TROLL ALERT!

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Trojanman_18

...........Trojanman......i dislike obama and his policy VERY VERY strongly.

But you sir, I have to commend. Your post is the most honest, non confrontational post ive seen yet from an Obama supporter. Tho I dont agree with some of your views, I do believe that people on this website, could take a page out of your book on how to talk rationally and intelligently about issues that they may disagree on. Big star for you my friend, and dont be a stranger to share your view points, you are a credit to your party.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

once again, just because you dont believe they are facts, doesnt make them NOT FACTS. Read the websites hes posted, read the references, just because you dont like it doesnt mean its not true.

P.S Yes he has spent more, heres the link ONCE AGAIN, read it.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB
I don't see how people in this thread can get off on bringing up Bush's failures up.

If you really dig deep youll see things really werent that bad when he was president. Things took a nosedive in his literal final days so you realy can't put this on him. Facts are facts and the biggest fact here is that Clinton and the dems created the situation we are in many years ago.

I dislike Obama. I feel he is far more incapable than Bush. Sure, he has a degree and is a smooth talker with a teleprompter, but I think he's slowly showing all he can do is talk the talk.

I'm still hopeful, but anyone that denies this guy is already on his way out is blind.

So if I crash a car litterally 1 minute before I stop driving does that mean I am not responsible for the damage???

The reason people are getting off on bringing up W, is because he killed the economy
in the first place, you wonderful partisan you.

A FIVE TRILLION dollar GND accumulated under W - his cabinet let the BANKING ELITE go WILD...

Anyhow don't lie and say your hopeful, I know you from the primaries, you didn't like Obamas face since the moment you saw it.

oh wait, CLINTON created this mess 2
-

You should go into comedy

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by nicholaswa

What? Derision of earmarks as a general philosophy, discounting the fact that Republicans like them almost as much as Democrats, is pure hypocrisy.

Again...your entire argument is short on facts, but long on vitriolic hatred.
Suggesting that a President be impeached after 7 weeks, when his approval rating is over 60%, is hardly patriotic, so quit crying and admit your true motives...you just wish we would've elected McCain....

You make a very common mistake when you equate conservatism with being Republican.

As far as the rest of your post, well, it speaks to your own fears. I will take the advice of others here who have warned me of that type of attack.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Trojanman_18

Originally posted by Trojanman_18
Now I am a gun owner and I do shoot on the weekends, but the Assualt Rifle ban was a good idea. You're telling me that you use a machine gun to hunt deer? What's next, you're gonna want to hunt deer with a 50cal. tank killer? There has to be some kind of control on what the average guy can carry or just open it up and let everyone arm themselves with C-4, and rocket launchers.

I won't derail this thread by getting into a gun discussion here (I'd be happy to discuss it in another thread), but I would never attempt to defend assault weapons on the grounds of hunting. There are much better ways to defend them.

Sitting down with the enemy is some what of a new Idea this decade. I think there can be no harm done by doing this, but Obama should man up and tell those A-holes that we're tired of the crap going on in the Middle east and call them out on it. kind of like sitting your 12 year old down and warning him if he doesn't do his homework, he's not going to be able to walk for a few days after the beatdown you give him. That's what my mom used to do with me and I turned out ok.

But it won't work. There are no 'moderate' Taliban. Even the experts agree it won't work:

Obama's call on moderate Taliban useless - analysts

I'm still behind Obama, but I want him to stop being such a wussy and get things going.

I never trusted him from the beginning. And the more I learn about him, the less I trust him.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123
His approval ratings are astronomical right now,

Last I saw it came down to 59%. That's not astronomical.

Originally posted by johnnyg5646
there are only two types of republicans.
... extremely rich ... poor people who are complete idiots

:shk: OY!

Originally posted by JMasters
Republicans...You can't Impeach some one for being black

:shk:

You can't Impeach some one for for not continuing an illegal war

Whats amazing is that people are still spouting this. The Iraq war isn't illegal. Go google up all the UN resolutions that Saddam broke and the fact that him breaking them was grounds for war by UN standards. Go google up that our gov't approved our going to war.

You can't Impeach some one for for giving money back to the people who were taxed

huh?

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
He has started proceedings to close Guantanamo

yes. And where are the terrorists going to be housed?
Want some in New Mexico?

He has a website for us to track the money of the stimulus (transparency)

There shouldn't have even been a 'stimulus'. It's non-stimulating.

He has started to end the war in Iraq

that was to be cut back anyways. And he's now saying he will leave ~50,000 troops there for training purposes. A 'presence' for an undetermined length of time. JUST LIKE JOHN MCCAIN SAID.

He put strict restrictions on lobbyists working for him

After he said he wouldn't hire any and then broke that promise.

He signed a bill against pay discrimination

Presidents sign bills all the time that are helpful for different people. Heck, Bush signed a ton of bills sending millions upon millions of $$ into AIDs research for Africa. So what?

He is VERY open about what he's doing,

You really think so? You really think a lawyer-politician with nefarious underworld connections is telling you everything that he's doing?

having press conferences almost every day

that's the only thing he's doing right.
But he's still got that damn teleprompter all the time.
Time to cut the teleprompter cord ...

He reversed Stem Cell restrictions

Not good.

He's taxing the wealthy and giving tax breaks to the poor

Atlas Shrugged. Who is John Galt. :shk:
That's not 'change'. That's typical liberal 'soak the rich and buy the proletariat vote' looting of the wealthy. Nothing new.

The whole demeanor of the White House has changed. It's less formal and more approachable.

Nebulous statement.

[edit on 3/11/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
You can call it what you want to, but I think that many people are generally upset that a man of color (yes, I know he's mixed race) is our nation's leader. I think this sole issue alone is the basis of 90% (barracks calculations) of the Obama bashing we see. When is it ever backed up with intelligent points and thorough research? I know I am new here and I may catch heck for voicing my meager opinion on this topic but so be it, because that is all I see most of the time. Folks with half a brain cell can easily turn their displeasure with a man of color in the white house into a big "to do" with all these political issues to supposedly back it up to lend credence to the underlying fact. Here comes my strawman...how many of you all protested Bush and his ilk? How many of you had issues with Bush's political meanderings and numerous diplomatic blunders? How many of you spoke out about his crimes against the Iraqi and American citizens...and well, hell humanity as a whole, druing his double term?

I am part black, and I didn't vote for Obama. I didn't vote for either candidate to be honest, neither of the dog and pony show players particularly provoked my interest and sympathy to their "cause", so I could not in good conscience give them my vote of approval. That said, Obama is our new president, fellow Americans, and the man deserves a chance whether you agree with him or not. Whether you voted for him of not. he's only been in office a hot few minutes and already look at the criticism. That's where I came to my opening conclusion about his skin color being a factor in all of this Obama-Bashing, no matter how clever it is presented. No president on recent history deserved impeachment more than little Bush. I for giving Obama the respect he is due and an open ear and above all, a chance. I fear we humans have not come as far as we assume we have in "civilized" nations.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by Seasick]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I didn't vote for Obama, but the fact is, he is our commander and chief. Like it or not, I have to get behind him and support him.... to a degree. It's only been 50 days in office. Lets try and give the man the benefit of the doubt. If he turns out to be at half the superman that the Dem's make him out to be.......Who knows? Go easy on the guy and lets see what happens.....

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Seasick

Way to turn this whole thing based on reporting news sites and facts into a racial issue..........that is EXACTLY what we dont need, and exactly what Democrats and the Obama clan used to run their campaign on ....

Dont turn this into a racial issue, his color is the last thing i look at when stating facts.........ridiculous to even bring up the race card, shame on you.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by ManBehindTheMask]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by Seasick

Way to turn this whole thing based on reporting news sites and facts into a racial issue..........that is EXACTLY what we dont need, and exactly what Democrats and the Obama clan used to run their campaign on ....

Dont turn this into a racial issue, his color is the last thing i look at when stating facts.........ridiculous to even bring up the race card, shame on you.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by ManBehindTheMask]

That was my opinion, I wasn't stating a concrete fact, of course. What you do is what you do, but you can't change how other people perceive things, and I resent your accusation that I am trying to change this topic into a "racial issue" as I most certainly am not. Forgive me, I'm not politically savvy as I see the world of politics and party affiliations as a waste of time for commoners such as myself and a general source of amusement aside form the wars and taxes...I won't be apologetic however, for my opinion. I said what I meant and I meant what I said. Feel free to disagree.

On topic, I do not feel that Obama has even served in office long enough to be judged competent or incompetent. Apathy would be better than the brazen and rampant polarization of opinions of the man at this point in time, again, just my most humble, noobish opinion.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Did you seriously just post a link to Fox news to support your argument?!
Clearly we're not going to agree on much, as I tend towards a foundation in reality, not right-wing propaganda.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Yeah right. I haven't seen you bring up a single "fact." You're offering vehement arguments based on fiction and right-wing propaganda from places like NewsCorp.

You may not be a racist, but you are trying hard to justify your pre-conceived notions about our President, and making statements that fly in the face of facts...so it's easy to conclude that your motive isn't concern for the welfare of your fellow citizens...it's also easy to see that you have little if any regard for the truth...so what else are we supposed to think??

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join