It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cool article about Atlantis and Lemuria

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

www.geocities.com...

ATLANTIS AND LEMURIA

Robert Burns

At the time the earth first began to settle and form it's atmosphere, there was but one sea and one land. That land mass is referred to by science as Pangea. As the earth continued to cool, with volcanic activity going on miles beneath the surface, Pangea began to break up, dividing and separating into continents. The geological records shows that great tracts of high ground today were once part of the ocean floor. How could any intelligent individual possibly imagine that the exact reverse is not also the case? Illustrative of the even now "unquiet" earth are the examples of the Indian subcontinent having literally rammed into the bottom of Asia, raising the Himalayan Mountains as a result, and the great Rift Valley of east Africa which is slowly pulling apart, giving rise to yet a new land mass in the distant future. Looking at any map of the world, one can easily see exactly how the east coast of North and South America once fit into the west coasts of Europe and Africa. As snugly as a jigsaw puzzle but with one salient exception. The area defined as the Caribbean and the Sargasso Seas, including what has become known as the Bermuda Triangle, comprises what amounts to an anomaly in the geography. Here is a gap. An area which does not "fit." Before his death in 1945, the famous "Sleeping Prophet," Edgar Cayce, predicted that the first bit of Atlantis to be rediscovered would be found in 1968 off the island of Bimini. Right on cue, the "Bimini wall" was discovered ...

Mod Note: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS - Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review This Link

Mod Note: Quoting External Sources - Please Review This Link

[edit on Tue Mar 10 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Do you have a link for the article? It would be much easier on these poor old eyes if I could read it with the proper spacing (not to mention I think it may be a T&C violation not to give proper credit like that).

I love reading about Lemuria/ Atlantis, so I thank you in advance!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hollywood11

ATLANTIS AND LEMURIA

Robert Burns

The area defined as the Caribbean and the Sargasso Seas, including what has become known as the Bermuda Triangle, comprises what amounts to an anomaly in the geography.

found this page after a quick google search
looks word-for-word to me

www.geocities.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Let the Mods themselves correct him. Everyone has got the latest U2U reg the new policies about quoting etc...

By the way lemuria was a thought exercise only. and altantis existed in Plato's writings only.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by b4tee4

Just when I think I can't get any more stupid today......

Thanks! Much appreciated!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
What a crock of

doesnt make any sense

pangea was far from being around at the formation of the earth
Unknow continents > 1.6 billion years

Rodinia 1.3BYA>
it breaks up into
proto Gondwana,proto laurasia and some others 750mya
they
in turn form pannotia 600mya
it breaks up into

laurentia, baltica, siberia and gondwana 540mya
they then combine to form pangea 250 mya

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
More airy fairy Atlantis stuff that isn't really coherent.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
The point is that all this scientific theorizing and nonsense about so called "Supercontinents" in no way disproves Atlantis or Lemuria.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   

The point is that all this scientific theorizing and nonsense about so called "Supercontinents" in no way disproves Atlantis or Lemuria.

Who says it does? It's irrelevant.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Hollywood has never learned or happens to convenienty forget that

You can never prove a Negative.

and i suppose he is allergic to Occam's Razor too.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by coredrill
Let the Mods themselves correct him. Everyone has got the latest U2U reg the new policies about quoting etc...

By the way lemuria was a thought exercise only. and altantis existed in Plato's writings only.

That is a common myth, look up the Olmecs, they believed their ancestors came from an island in the ocean called Oxlahun-ti-ku, there are many references, I'll look a few up.

EMM

www.atlantisquest.com...

Edit to add link and change name.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

[edit on 10-3-2009 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectroMagnetic Multivers
That is a common myth, look up the Olmecs, they believed their ancestors came from an island in the ocean called Oxlahun-ti-ku, there are many references, I'll look a few up.

Keep looking.
The Oxlahun-ti-ku were the Gods of the Upper World, not some island in the ocean.

Harte

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by coredrill
Hollywood has never learned or happens to convenienty forget that

You can never prove a Negative.

and i suppose he is allergic to Occam's Razor too.

Atlantis is proven many times over here. It is proven through scientific investigation, but also higher methods of investigation, such as people with supernormal abilities looking back at the past.

Don't pretend like the skeptics don't try to disprove it any desperate way they can.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CeltAngel

The link is at the top of the page.
second line.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Ok. Since it is Proven that they exist, point out some evidence on which they got proved?

[edit on 11/3/09 by coredrill]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

These are they who are in the Land of Serser; 'they have received their bread, and they have gained the mastery over this Lake, and they praise this great god. Ra saith unto them:--'Eat ye your green herbs, and satisfy ye yourselves with your cakes; let there be fulness to your bellies, and satisfaction to your hearts. Your green herbs are of the Lake of Serser, the Lake which may not be approached. Praise ye me, glorify ye me, for I am the Great One of terror of the Tuat.' They say unto Ra:--'Hail to thee, O thou Great One of the SEKHEMU (i.e., Powers)! Praise is thine, and majesty is thine. The Tuat is thine, and [is subservient] to thy will; it is a hidden place [made] by thee for those who are in its Circles. The height of Heaven is thine, and [is subservient] to thy will; it is a secret place [made] by thee for those who belong thereto. The Earth is for thy dead Body, and the Sky is for thy Soul. O Ra, be thou at peace (or, be content) with that which thou hast made to come into being.' Their food consisteth of bread-cakes, their green herbs are the plants of the spring, and the waters wherein they refresh themselves are cool.

Book of Gates

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

but also higher methods of investigation, such as people with supernormal abilities looking back at the past.

No, just no!

I'm getting really tired of this airy-fairy guff that takes up my bandwidth.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki
I'm getting really tired of this airy-fairy guff that takes up my bandwidth.

Dude, think how the long time posters here feel about it!

I'm with you.

Harte

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
It's not unreasonable to believe that at some point in the distant past some island sunk into the ocean or was flooded over. From there it just turned into a fairy tale about how it was the greatest civilization ever when in reality it was probably some island cannibals living in huts.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Atlantis is proven many times over here.

You have proof of a bronze age culture that existed 6,000 years before the bronze age and was defeated by another bronze age culture 6,000 years before the bronze age (or, indeed, that named culture existed) and whose capital city was destroyed in an earthquake and the land around it was flooded such that shallow shoals now cover the site?

Or are you referring to a different Atlantis?

(There can, of course, be only one Atlantis - that as described by Plato. A bit like Narnia really. Only that described by CS Lewis is really Narnia)

btw for a really good read about Lemuria and Mu and such things I thoroughly recommend Ted Nield's book Supercontinent
It has a great chapter explaining how the concepts of such imaginary places evolved and how ludicrous they really are.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join