It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop blaming Jesus for so-called 'Christian' acts

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

You happen to have bumped into a localised batch of Btardedness , and thats some pretty bad luck ,

That was so funny I nearly pissed your pants, sorry mate but I'm not one to sit back and allow crap to happen to me I'm afraid, someone has got to make a stand, it is one thing to get annoyed at a dog taking a crap on my lawn but I draw the line at the owners doing it.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Haha , fair enough , and given the profound (and also humourus) nature of your response, I cannot in all fairness say, that your view does not appeal to me !
I hope if you are going to do something about these "false prophets" that it has lasting effects.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Thank you to everyone who has bothered to reply to my post.

No, we can't stop ignorant people trying to brainwash our kids.

No, we can't force people to believe in what we believe in - except, sadly, those that do actually succeed in brainwashing our kids.

And a special message to moo - make sure the people who are brainwashing your kids are on the side of Jesus.

I will say it again, and I am here to proclaim...

JESUS SAVES

JESUS LOVES

JESUS FORGIVES

Yours in Jesus.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Quit bloody singing for the congregation and get out there for those three hours and so do something GOOD for your community!

I don’t care if it’s feeding the poor, making afghans to give to the homeless, cleaning up the filthy streets of trash, it does not matter!
Why?

Makes a lot of sense, from the Bible: "Whatever you do to the least of your brethren, you do unto me"

It's almost like saying, if you truly love God, you will demonstrate love and compassion to the lost, and the poor. Not just the love associated with emotions, but also includes the deeds, which can be the act of helping fulfill their needs.

This goes against what the society teaches us, which is to please the rich - for they might return the favor in time. But getting associated and helping the poor is a totally selfless act. It spreads the love, and helps humanity as a whole. That's a huge reward by itself already if you truly care for the future of mankind.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
It's interesting that you say "showed people how to live " and not "told people how to live"... perhaps that is where the other type of christians are getting it wrong do you think?

No, he expected people to do as he said, not as he did.

If he existed at all and if the Gospel accounts are to be considered credible, Jesus was a freeloader who, for at least three years, never did an honest day's work in his life but leeched off the people he conned with his love-thy-neighbour schtick.

To judge by his actions, Jesus wasn't very loving at all. He set families and friends against one another - and bragged about it. He treated other people's property with contempt, walking his disciples through other people's fields, damaging the crops and letting them eat the corn. He rustled other people's livestock and put a curse on their orchard-trees so that they would bear no fruit. He vilified, beat and castigated respectable merchants who were simply doing their jobs. He was bad-tempered, scolding and self-righteous; he habitually insulted people to their faces, calling them things like 'hypocrite' and 'whited sepulchre' and 'nation of vipers'. He largely ignored his poor old mother; whenever he did speak to her, he was dismissive and rude. He diverted charitable offerings to his personal use. He put his own people, the Jews, in danger by upsetting the Roman authorities.

Moreove, Jesus was quite open about hs agenda of violence and injustice: I bring, he boasted, not peace but a sword.

Originally posted by spellbound
And if he was around now, he would destroy all churches and all banks

What? The same Jesus who told Jews to be good little Roman subjects and pay their taxes? The same Jesus who told investment parables about risk and reward and encouraged speculation? The same Jesus who encouraged his disciples to take no thought for tomorrow, to eschew financial prudence and spend, spend, spend rather than save? The same Jesus whose underwear turned out to be woven out of a single piece of cloth without a seam - the La Perla of its day? You're joking, right?

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

(Hands on Helping the Needy) It spreads the love, and helps humanity as a whole. That's a huge reward by itself already if you truly care for the future of mankind.

Yeah, funny how doing something others find repulsive, or at best get over it by writing out a check or dropping a quarter in a styrofoam cup - can actually be rewarding, enjoyable and good for you.

More people should try it.

peace

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I believe that it is wrong of schools to try and enforce any religion on their pupils - unless, obviously, the school is of a certain denomination and therefore their parents have sent them to be brainwashed.

As for what to do, I think that any concerned parents should prepare a petition and present it to their school, along the lines of "My child is here to be educated, not taught about religion".

I am sure that you could bring the forces to bear on them.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

He sounds very bad by all accounts. I will obviously have to go and do some research...NOT.

Jesus was sent by God to deliver us from sin and let us have eternal life.

That is my belief and I am not about to go delving into lying books to prove it.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

That is my belief and I am not about to go delving into lying books to prove it.

The character of Jesus, as described in my post, is based on what is written in the Gospels. Surely they can't be the 'lying books' you mean?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
One of the most difficult things about being a believer in christ, is that many of the original scriptures are hidden, either in vaults which the vatican (or associated organisations of varying degrees of legality) control, and quite frankly, I dont think anyone who has studied the faith truely thinks that everything that Jesus wanted in the bible , ended up there. It is truely a leap of faith, because all we really have , are portions of the truth, and the blanks we have had to fill for ourselves.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
You seem to think there is such a thing as Jesus - he was invented by the church.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I don't trust any written word - so maybe that is true.

And I obviously can't prove anything about Jesus. I am just trying to send out the true message that Jesus brought to mankind.

And, btw, even if Jesus never existed (which I don't believe) the message of love and forgiveness is surely one that humankind needs, no matter who brought it.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   

I believe that it is wrong of schools to try and enforce any religion on their pupils - unless, obviously, the school is of a certain denomination and therefore their parents have sent them to be brainwashed.

Very well said

Im atheist and I wouldnt want my kids having religion fore fed to them. Thats what private schools are for

Just for the record, if my kids wanted to follow a certain religion, I would respect their decision

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
trevor 1214

You are assuming that Christ even existed. THe evidence suggests he may have been a fabricated figure. "The Christ Conspiracy." There is none one shred of historical record to substantiate a Jesus of Nazareth. The christians paint a portrait of a figure who was so important, yet not ONE historical artifact can be found.

you are an ignorant person. i hate to bring you back to Earth but there has been alot of geological evidence that Jesus existetd

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by trevorl314

Jesus Christ - you would think that his name meant 'Christian' - but the number of horrible acts that have been committed under that name defy belief.

Stop blaming Jesus Christ for the so-called 'Christian' atrocities.

The churches are at fault for taking his name and calling themselves 'Christian' and then for running the Crusades and murdering millions.

All wars are due to religion and greed.

Jesus was not about that that - he was, and is, about Love and Forgiveness.

Jesus Christ was crucified to save us - the whole of mankind.

Do not crucify him again by aligning him with the so-called Christian church which is totally corrupt, as are all man-made religions.

You are assuming that Christ even existed. THe evidence suggests he may have been a fabricated figure. "The Christ Conspiracy." There is none one shred of historical record to substantiate a Jesus of Nazareth. The christians paint a portrait of a figure who was so important, yet not ONE historical artifact can be found.

Don't you wish. The calendars are dated by his birth.

Secular historians (Josephus) speak of him.

The New Testament is written by people who knew him or who knew others who knew him.

The early "church fathers" wrote literal volumes based on things that were taught to them by people who also knew Jesus personally, witnessed his crucifixion, resurrection, and who walked and lived with him 40 days after his resurrection.

His influence is greater than that of any person who has ever lived.

Those who believe in him can and do testify of the transformation of their lives through knowing him, and hospitals, missions, everything we know of civilized society, the benefits to the world in every way, are from the people who are guided by him, who live selfless lives of sacrifice to serve God and man.

Likewise, those who serve his opponent, Satan, can be blamed for all the evil in the world. Satan energizes to evil the same way Jesus (God) energizes to good.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Hi Oz,

You are an open-minded person, of the type that I am trying to relate to.

Even though we have different perspectives, our goals are the same.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Salt of the Earth

Thank you, Salt, for supporting me.

It is so great to meet like-minded people, even if it is only online.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Back in ALL our forfather's day, there was a Goddess worship. Things were simple and happy. They lived by the season, sewed their grain, harvested it, and lived by it.
Was there more than met the eye? Of course there was, but everything was grand, why bother?
Then came the introduction of a male god. And religion, and persecution, and slavery by means of SIN!
How can you worship a god that doesn't let you be YOU? That keeps you in fear?
Fear is not good, fear is a negative energy. And dont tell me you arent constantly in fear of committing a sin.
You are NOT a god, you are a human being. You can NOT be perfect, and so you will always SIN, according to your god. What kind of life is that to live? Always living in sin, always feeling repressed, it's like living with a Gestapo!
Look, we all know right from wrong, we've known it always, it was instilled in us. There should be NO Gestapo watching over us, we punish ourselves enough.. Just think when the last time you went to sleep with a clear conscious was.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

Thank you, yum, for replying to my post.

Jesus wants you to be happy - that is what He is about.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
Back in ALL our forfather's day, there was a Goddess worship. Things were simple and happy. They lived by the season, sewed their grain, harvested it, and lived by it.
Was there more than met the eye? Of course there was, but everything was grand, why bother?
Then came the introduction of a male god. And religion, and persecution, and slavery by means of SIN!
How can you worship a god that doesn't let you be YOU? That keeps you in fear?
Fear is not good, fear is a negative energy. And dont tell me you arent constantly in fear of committing a sin.
You are NOT a god, you are a human being. You can NOT be perfect, and so you will always SIN, according to your god. What kind of life is that to live? Always living in sin, always feeling repressed, it's like living with a Gestapo!
Look, we all know right from wrong, we've known it always, it was instilled in us. There should be NO Gestapo watching over us, we punish ourselves enough.. Just think when the last time you went to sleep with a clear conscious was.

It makes no difference what sex God is or is not. I don't think God is a sex at all, but God created the sexes. God is above and beyond sex, doesn't need a sex to be God. God is the creator of all. Jesus is God who took the form of a human, as a man, but as a man who came to suffer for us, to give himself to all of us, men and women, to the Jew first and also to the rest of humankind. The Holy Spirit, part of the triune God, who the Bible says proceeds from God the Father and God the Son together, is referred to in the book of Proverbs as female, but again the Holy Spirit is in actuality without sex, and Creator, as is Jesus also Creator.

As to the Gestapo watching over us and keeping us from doing our natural inclinations, it is natural for people to want to kill, lie, steal, to do all kinds of wickedness, and if we did not curb these desires we would be worse than animals.

God's desire for us is that we live in peace and harmony with each other, that we learn to be selfless and good as God is good, and that we allow God to help us to overcome our tendencies to be mean, selfish and hateful to others.

This life is a blip on the radar, and we will have an eternity to reap the rewards of walking with God if we can put our priorities wehre they belong and not live for self and for the moment.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join