It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two die in 'barbaric' Army attack

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
The gunmen were not the pizza delivery men, one of them being Polish. The soldiers had left the barrack gates to collect the takeaway and the delivery men werecaught up in the fire. The security guard only had a small pistol against semi automatic rifles.
This was not the Provisional IRA but small splinter groups such as the Real IRA and Continuity IRA, the latter being held responsible for the shooting of a police officer a few hours later. Sinn Fien have been quick to condemn the murders and if anything, these terrible incidents may have galvanised the peace and political process. The only worry being that loyalist splinter groups may decide to take revenge themselves which would ignite the simmering fire.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
There has been another attack, I think, checkpoints have been set up and police are dealing with a "security incident" near an army barracks in Northern Ireland.

The police are dealing with a security alert in County Down.
Roads around Ballykinler have been closed including the Tullymurry Straight which runs from Downpatrick to Clough.

Vehicle check-points have been set up in the area and motorists are asked to take alternative routes.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

BBC NI

Security forces issued a warning this morning that a bomb attack was likely and chatting picked up plans for a sustained campaign.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Eh?

My post isn't showing up. Got logged out when I submitted the previous post

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by norsescotty

How did these scumbag hitmen know that the pizza delivery guys where going to the army base? Is it just me or can anyone else smell a giant rat?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
How did these scumbag hitmen know that the pizza delivery guys where going to the army base? Is it just me or can anyone else smell a giant rat?

Erm, it's not particularly difficult. An attack like this does not go ahead without a certain degree of planning.

The base would have been watched for several weeks prior to the attack, with the routines being noted. The soldiers in question may have ordered pizza at a certain time every week. Then it just takes the hit team to be sitting down the road waiting for the regular delivery car to go past. Or the team may have been intercepting calls to the pizza place and took it from there.

They would have known from their observations exactly where the cars stopped and how many guys usually go out to pick up the food. They would have known where the security was, what they were armed with and how many there were.

Very basic stuff unfortunately.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join