It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armchair Intellectuals: Stop Ragging on Alex Jones

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

I can find all the links I want, but no matter how slick you are, you're dodging the question.

You might enjoy trying to bait me, but why not provide info for other people?

Who, in your opinion, is a better political comentator than Jones?

Is this youtube clip of you?

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 666.103f20096am by HiAliens]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
There is no plot of a stupid NWO.

I'm not to sure about that, quite a few world leaders have been calling for it for a long time, I listen to Alex, but he's not getting any of my money

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
RFBurns maybe you should participate in this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

cheers Pockets

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by atlasastro

Alex Jones is the ultimate armchair intellectual.

Armchair he certainly is. But intellectual? No.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Osmoses

I don't see the point of posts like these. Thank God he's not a chin stroking pipe-smoker discussing the nuances of post-Platonic Hegelian yadda yadda. Who cares?
Where I come from being called intelligent or knowledgable is a compliment. Calling someone an "intellectual" is a semi-insult.

[edit on 13f20095amFri, 13 Mar 2009 05:29:27 -050027 by HiAliens]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by HiAliens

Honestly, I was not at all familiar with Alex Jones until I saw in the current news section a blurb about him rushing to get out a DVD a couple of days ago. I piqued my interest, so when I got up yesterday, I saw that all 12 sections of the DVD were available here, so I watched them.

While he brings up some interesting information, I find the guy quite bombastic and obnoxious in his approach. I will never listen to his show.

He is way to "in your face," to reach many of the masses because of his "know it all attitude," and presentation.

While he may feel that his information needs to get out to the masses, I can see how many people would be put off at his approach.

Honestly, the guy gave me a headache!

I can see how he would possibly only appeal to people who find his messages so frightening, that they feel the need to defend him.

He ought to hire another person to speak on his behalf, that would appeal to more people. He can find out the information, buit he needs to shut the heck up, because he is obnoxious.

I don't care what the guy knows, I won't ever spend another 5 minutes listening to him rant!

I thought he was going to have a stroke in his DVD!

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Did you read the rest of my post?

I named 5 alternatives to him, who carry the same info but with a different style.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by HiAliens

Yes, but I haven't looked into the other people as of yet. I had my fill yesterday on the topics presented by Alex Jones. I think I need to give it a few days more to digest what he alone had to say.

Thank you for listing other alternatives to review.

All I know is that I did not like his approach on what was presented. I could see listening to him further if he could only tone it down a little bit, so as not to come off as some kind of crack pot, even if he has backup to prove what he says.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns

Originally posted by Bullhorn
reply to post by RFBurns

I won't waste any further time on you, but I do want to make it clear that I don't worship AJ, he is not my God. Unlike many Obama supporters I actually look at policies and facts. However, I am glad that you've got everything figured out.
Congratulations, my friend!

Ive had things figured out since the late 50's friend...and you? You need AJ to figure it all out?

ROFLMAO!!!

BTW, your wasting far more time on AJ than you ever will with me. And that IS a fact.

Cheers!!!!

Jealous? What the hell would I be jealous about? I own 2 FM radio stations for over 15 years and 2 online stations for over 8 years, combined far longer than AJ's operation and doing extremely well with them. I make about 170 grand a year. You think I am jealous of AJ? ROFLMAO!!!!!

Its funny how you basically take a thread about Alex Jones and use the opportunity to consistently brag about how great you think you are. Listen; nobody cares about how much money you make or how prestigious or amazing your life is! We don't want to hear it! Take your arrogant condescending crap out of here please, because it really doesn't belong.

You have yet to make a real argument - an argument that consists of facts without fallacy. You keep attacking the person - you keep talking about yourself - you keep talking about what you own, how old you are, blah blah blah.

This isn't about you. If you disagree with Alex Jones - then tell us why you think he's wrong, what he's wrong about, and give evidence to support it.

Until you do this your posts are basically a load of condescending hot air.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I like what he has to say. I just wish he wouldn't do some of the fear-mongering he does... other than that though he really opens your eyes about some things and he's good at that.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Fear is the ultimate test of the human spirit, some will give in to it and lay down and some will use it to strengthen themselves and do what's necessary to survive and overcome.

Fear mongering works both ways for both sides.

Peace

top topics

<< 1   >>

join